Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Portal In

Default Portal In

Just starting a thread for positive portal news/tweets/rumors

Default Re: Portal In

Time to fill in some blanks.

What would be the position that needs to be addressed most by the portal. I’d guess experience OL. It appears we have tons of young ones coming up but not much experience.
    And then maybe LB?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Time to fill in some blanks.

What would be the position that needs to be addressed most by the portal. I’d guess experience OL. It appears we have tons of young ones coming up but not much experience.
    And then maybe LB?
    Agreed on OL. Those losses (natural an otherwise) are pretty big. I don't want to say devastating, but they have the potential to be that for sure.

Agree. Seems like the OL is the most glaring place for portal stopgaps or depth. We've been really good on the OL the last several years. Remember, as P5 schools can be bullies in the portal, we should be able to do so with smaller schools or fellow G5s. We've been in the Top 25 the least two years, people will want to join this program.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Agree. Seems like the OL is the most glaring place for portal stopgaps or depth. We've been really good on the OL the last several years. Remember, as P5 schools can be bullies in the portal, we should be able to do so with smaller schools or fellow G5s. We've been in the Top 25 the least two years, people will want to join this program.
    We still have a ton of talent in the OL department just green. King and Harrington will anchor that line. Don't forget about Gillie kid played extremely well for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    We still have a ton of talent in the OL department just green. King and Harrington will anchor that line. Don't forget about Gillie kid played extremely well for a rookie.
    Brown, Rubio, Thomas and Jackson as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Good good.

Agree with everyone else that OL is a need that needs to be hopefully addressed in the portal. Getting some experienced, quality depth would seem the obvious area to address. Hopefully the ULM transfer gets his grades in order and is eligible. We should be more than ok at RB even without Montrel but we need OL to open up some holes for them and protect our new starting QB.

I say we go get this dude. I've heard he's a diamond in the rough!

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/co...ransfer-portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We can't meet his price!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I say we go get this dude. I've heard he's a diamond in the rough!

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/co...ransfer-portal
    We have arguably the most depth in our QB room than ever before. Last thing we need to do is give any of these guys a reason to look elsewhere. Munoz and CMD have the enviable task of picking our next starter and the options we currently have on staff gives them a wide berth to determine who best fits the system we will run. This will be the most interesting spring in a very long time!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Talent isn’t the issue, depth is, imo. We have been able to handle injuries fairly well in the past. An injury or two in 2022 could have extremely harmful impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Talent isn’t the issue, depth is, imo. We have been able to handle injuries fairly well in the past. An injury or two in 2022 could have extremely harmful impact.
    Don't disagree with your opinion, but there is more than one way to address it, JC is another area. And from what I see of the names listed in the Transfer Portal as offensive lineman, there isn't a great amount of talent available.

I would think a good OL would be a rarity on the portal. Look at the interest Torrance is generating. If a good OL does enter the portal, the money flush P-5s will be all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We have arguably the most depth in our QB room than ever before. Last thing we need to do is give any of these guys a reason to look elsewhere. Munoz and CMD have the enviable task of picking our next starter and the options we currently have on staff gives them a wide berth to determine who best fits the system we will run. This will be the most interesting spring in a very long time!
    Yeah man, Im really excited to see the direction of this regime. Offensively and defensively. On another note, I hope Almandares returns to form and can stay healthy!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information