Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: We Need A Cajun Collective

Default Re: We Need A Cajun Collective

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Rumor is that Texas alums very quickly secured 10 mil for football prior to early signing day. That was just their fast start up funding round. Ultimate goal is to pay every football player at Texas the NFL minimum of $480K per year.

Not to be out done Texas A&M landed the #1 class in the nation with the help of between 25-30 million just for this year's early signing period.

Meanwhile at G5 U offers are being made to sponsor the local burger joint for $110 a month.
    We need to have someone in the legal know put together a booster NIL LLC and I would contribute money to it…You can have the players sponsor the Booster NIL LLC and they get Paid for their “sponsorship”…. We can play this game if some of the rich alum who spend their money across the basin decide to spend it on their own school… Our brand is growing and we need to strike while the iron is hot…. Hell you could sell it to rich boosters as if they are part owner of a football team lol… just an idea, but reality says we will feel sorry for ourselves and CDS will kick in and we will go back to mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We need to have someone in the legal know put together a booster NIL LLC and I would contribute money to it…You can have the players sponsor the Booster NIL LLC and they get Paid for their “sponsorship”…. We can play this game if some of the rich alum who spend their money across the basin decide to spend it on their own school… Our brand is growing and we need to strike while the iron is hot…. Hell you could sell it to rich boosters as if they are part owner of a football team lol… just an idea, but reality says we will feel sorry for ourselves and CDS will kick in and we will go back to mediocrity.
    We are pushing to raise 40 mil across multiple years to fund stadium upgradesmeanwhile Texas is raising that amount of money to Pay football players every single year. It ain't CDS. If all of this is allowed to continue I'll personally be done with sports in general. Already tossed the towel in on most pro sports years ago. I just don't see the point of it when the real decisions about winners and losers are more about what happens in the "board room" rather than what happens on the field.

Heck the NFL actually does a better job with these issues than where NCAA football is headed. Seriously the parity in the NFL due to salary caps etc. has actually allowed the league to be in a position where any team has the ability to build towards a championship team. I do not believe that will be true of the NCAA moving forward and it was already pretty bad.

We don’t need to outbid Texas. We just need to outbid regional G5s

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Just wondering if there is a cap for a team or individual player……If the QB for Ala already has a $mil, where will George Soros put money for a liberal college? Could the Ivy League resurrect itself in athletics?
    The floodgates of Oregon were already open to Nike. Can’t wait to see those NIL deals.

5. Default Re: We Need A Cajun Collective

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    This is exactly right

Agreed…. Think long term…. Win at the G5 level in a dominant fashion and slowly build your army… we need to have a 100 year plan not a 5 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I, myself will not be taking part
    Add me to this list.

I have no issue paying for tickets and giving money to the overall program so that facilities can be enjoyed by all, both fans AND PLAYERS.

What I will not contribute to is putting cash in the players pockets, on top of the free education they have opportunity to recieve, which you can't put a price tag on if they take it seriously.

I can help market it and push it on social media if we can come up with something.

I don’t know about that. They’ll still get 5 stars, but what about the 3 stars that would choose us over them knowing they’ll get more playing time here.

If that 3 star is offered 350k to sit the bench, I’m sure he’ll take it.

This whole situation is sad and will destroy any school except the over funded schools. NIL can kiss it! I’m not giving kids money for having the opportunity to attend school and participate in college sports.

11. Default Re: We Need A Cajun Collective

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Rumor is that Texas alums very quickly secured 10 mil for football prior to early signing day. That was just their fast start up funding round. Ultimate goal is to pay every football player at Texas the NFL minimum of $480K per year.

Not to be out done Texas A&M landed the #1 class in the nation with the help of between 25-30 million just for this year's early signing period.

Meanwhile at G5 U offers are being made to sponsor the local burger joint for $110 a month.
    Kids we are going to pay you gobbs of money to make this place your final football playing destination. EVER.

This is just depressing on so many levels. How did we get to this as a society? It’s very unbecoming as a pure fan of college athletics.

13. Default Re: We Need A Cajun Collective

Beyond equity among other institutions I have to wonder? What is an eighteen year old going to do with six figure income in college? Y’all have seen NBA, NFL players unable to handle that kind of money without their lives turning into pure chaos. Riding the pine and a overflowing bank account isn’t going to work for most.

College football is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    College football is dead
    Agreed until there is a salary cap College Football is about 24 schools that can compete financially.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information