Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Who knows if Montrell will end up at Florida.

I do know this. If what we’re seeing already as a result of NIL is the new path of college football, I’m not sure I see myself attending games as Cajun Field or spending any sort of monies in a manner that could end up going to the new free agency football (RCAF).

I’d rather just spend money directly for supporting baseball, softball and T&F.

I already don’t spend money supporting NFL teams.
    Runner it will directly impact those sports also.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    I am interested to see where he lands. Florida needed OL and CB help. I don't know if they are in as dire need at RB. Maybe the Carencro kid is just as talented and he wants to be the lone back. I don't know if this is a Florida lure as much as I want more playing time somewhere.
    If Montrel wants more playing time, it wouldn’t make sense to follow the guy that didn’t give you the playing time you wanted to a school with supposedly more talent.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If Montrel wants more playing time, it wouldn’t make sense to follow the guy that didn’t give you the playing time you wanted to a school with supposedly more talent.
    One summer of prospect camps at the university of Florida and a full year of recruiting, RBs with Montrell type talent or better, will be a dime a dozen at UF.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    One summer of prospect camps at the university of Florida and a full year of recruiting, RBs with Montrell type talent or better, will be a dime a dozen at UF.
    Montrell got a big head from scoring 10 1-yard TD runs. He doesn't have the vision or speed of Emani and will find himself buried on the depth chart at UF. Good luck, bud.

Montrell had a great freshman season and would have had a great career at UL. We have done a great job the last few years of shuffling backs and keeping them fresh and then sending them to the NFL. He benefitted from that shuffling as did Smith and Bailey. I hope someone can step in and take the “bruiser back” touches he got.

I hope whatever his new situation works out for him. Considering he was in such a great spot, I hope he didn’t make a mistake. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Montrell had a great freshman season and would have had a great career at UL. We have done a great job the last few years of shuffling backs and keeping them fresh and then sending them to the NFL. He benefitted from that shuffling as did Smith and Bailey. I hope someone can step in and take the “bruiser back” touches he got.

I hope whatever his new situation works out for him. Considering he was in such a great spot, I hope he didn’t make a mistake. Time will tell.
    All freshman
    T Williams 6’0 225
    D Washington 5’9 216
    K Williams 5’10 200

M Johnson is 5’11 210, I think we are ok there.

7. Default Re: Montrell

Once a player leaves UL by anything not graduating, or using up their eligibility I’m neutral towards them, like an x girlfriend. Too bad he’s chosen a different path, Hasta la vista, baby!

Salute!!

9. Default Re: Montrell

All freshman
    T Williams 6’0 225
    D Washington 5’9 216
    K Williams 5’10 200

M Johnson is 5’11 210, I think we are ok there.
    You and everyone knows that size is just one element of being an outstanding running back.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You and everyone knows that size is just one element of being an outstanding running back.
    He said “I hope someone can step in and take the bruiser back touches he got”...I think we are good there. We still have Smith.

11. Default Re: Montrell

He said “I hope someone can step in and take the bruiser back touches he got”...I think we are good there. We still have Smith.
    Yeah you have to be effective in the touches or coaches will go a different direction. Not saying the big backs won’t be effective only time will answer that, but there’s a reason he was that back.

Yeah you have to be effective in the touches or coaches will go a different direction. Not saying the big backs won’t be effective only time will answer that, but there’s a reason he was that back.
    Correct. He separated himself from this guys for a reason. I hope those guys bust their butts with the opportunity they now have

13. Default Re: Montrell

Correct. He separated himself from this guys for a reason. I hope those guys bust their butts with the opportunity they now have
    They have all added a year’s maturation physically, emotionally, and mentally. So we shall see.

We have 3 backs equal his size or bigger, I doubt the previous staff would be 0 for 3 on RB’s.

15. Default Re: Montrell

We have 3 backs equal his size or bigger, I doubt the previous staff would be 0 for 3 on RB’s.
    It’s not a debate. They might all be adequate, equal, or better. That’s to be determined, but again there’s a reason he was ranked so well out of high school and was the first choice.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information