Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Default Re: Montrell

So he doesn't have to sit out a year?

Nope he doesn’t. None of the players have to sit out

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Sounds like Billy may have touted Dez knowing Dez was inexperienced and not as connected. This so he can take advantage of Dez and UL without serious repercussions in his big boy network. Do you think Billy would have tried to take advantage of an Alabama connected coach (like Pete Golding)? Coaches seem to want to protect coaches in their coaching tree (remember Nick Saban calling to recommend Billy). But Billy will not protect his protege. In fact, Billy seems to be out to destroy his protege and the program he built here. I cannot tell you how disgusted I feel right now. The sense of betrayal is palpable.
    THIS. Dez will be lucky if he even has half the team left from this past season to work with this year.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #ConferenceChampions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Nope he doesn’t. None of the players have to sit out
    Geez I had heard about NIL but I still thought transfer rules would still apply. This will mean big changes for everyone. We just have to find ways to make this new landscape work for us instead of being victimized by it.

This integrity tweet now makes much more sense to me. I wouldn't expect loyalty to be a big thing going forward for any team. In the end guys will have to find places where they fit best maybe from year to year. We may very well end with up with SEC players who were big time recruits but now just aren't getting the playing time they think they should have.

It's just too early to tell right now how all of this will shake out over a long period of time.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Yup…this is going to get ugly. This really sucks.
    Ditto!!

I would think In baseball and softball our programs may be in the position to be the pillagers not the pillaged.

The LAW offices of Williams and Williams. With previous locations in Carencro and Many - now in Lafayette located at Cajun Field. These two are gonna be the bruise brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Geez I had heard about NIL but I still thought transfer rules would still apply. This will mean big changes for everyone. We just have to find ways to make this new landscape work for us instead of being victimized by it.

This integrity tweet now makes much more sense to me. I wouldn't expect loyalty to be a big thing going forward for any team. In the end guys will have to find places where they fit best maybe from year to year. We may very well end with up with SEC players who were big time recruits but now just aren't getting the playing time they think they should have.

It's just too early to tell right now how all of this will shake out over a long period of time.

"We may very well end with up with SEC players who were big time recruits but now just aren't getting the playing time they think they should have."

Not only the SEC but all P5 conferences. Gotta somehow make this a positive spin. Get these 3, 4 and 5 star recruits that are entering the transfer portal, especially the freshmen and sophmores, and make this a place they want to transfer too.

So do you think if Napier was here another year that the ones we are losing to the transfer portal would be staying? The Montrel's, Garner's, Cyrus'.....starters?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    "We may very well end with up with SEC players who were big time recruits but now just aren't getting the playing time they think they should have."

Not only the SEC but all P5 conferences. Gotta somehow make this a positive spin. Get these 3, 4 and 5 star recruits that are entering the transfer portal, especially the freshmen and sophmores, and make this a place they want to transfer too.

So do you think if Napier was here another year that the ones we are losing to the transfer portal would be staying? The Montrel's, Garner's, Cyrus'.....starters?
    I’m worried it might be beneath these players to transfer to a “G5”. They will just go to some ____ty P5 school to save face. When in fact Louisiana is the superior program.

FRACK!

11. Default Re: Montrell

Hit while the iron is hot, 13-1 is an attractive destination even with a new coach.

It's only the current grass is greener crowd that thinks differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    The players that Louisiana St. will try to take from us will likely have a full scholarship, not 2/3 scholarship. Furthermore if they are that good they will declare for the draft following their Junior season.

I could be wrong but I don’t think it will be like football.
    You don't understand how baseball schollys work. Only 11 are allocated for the team. Vast majority of players are lucky to get 1/3rd of a scholarship. In football every player is on a full ride. They can't give out partials. It will most certainly come into play as much if not more than it does in football.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Montrell not near as good as Ragas or Elijah Mitchell. He's heavy footed and doen't break tackles. Course, he was a FR so expect he'll improve but didn't see elite talent out of him this year.
    Montrells not as good as Bailey either. Dont get me wrong, wish he wouldve stayed, but Bailey is the star.

If an offensive lineman can make $50,000 a year at Texas with an NIL deal, would he sit the bench as a third stringer rather than go to a G-5 that can't offer this kind of deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick;[URL="tel:1332307"
    1332307[/URL]]Montrell not near as good as Ragas or Elijah Mitchell. He's heavy footed and doen't break tackles. Course, he was a FR so expect he'll improve but didn't see elite talent out of him this year.
    Agreed. Also, he has a fumbling problem.

I’ll cry if Bailey leaves though.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information