Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

UL Football Montrell

In November, I was listening to First Cup on 103.7. A Cajun fan called in and said that Montreal Johnson was a P5 talent and could play in the SEC. The call ended and the host said that Johnson would be playing in the SEC next year but did not explain how he knew this.

Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    In November, I was listening to First Cup on 103.7. A Cajun fan called in and said that Montreal Johnson was a P5 talent and could play in the SEC. The call ended and the host said that Johnson would be playing in the SEC next year but did not explain how he knew this.
    Easy prediction in the current climate of CFB.

When UF lands a February commitment from Trevor Etienne, Montrell is going to regret this decision.

Who knows if Montrell will end up at Florida.

I do know this. If what we’re seeing already as a result of NIL is the new path of college football, I’m not sure I see myself attending games as Cajun Field or spending any sort of monies in a manner that could end up going to the new free agency football (RCAF).

I’d rather just spend money directly for supporting baseball, softball and T&F.

I already don’t spend money supporting NFL teams.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Desormeaux and our staff have work to do going forward, there is no other way to address it. Let me also say that Billy Napier, Juluke and Toney have made this very personal. This isn't just about the NIL, they have deliberately targeted this program's roster. And before someone says it's legal with the NIL, that doesn't make it ethical! I would be upset had they left for other programs, but these are coaches they worked side by side with, and called friends. I understand Billy Napier was shocked when he realized things were much worse at Florida than he originally thought when he signed on, but his situational ethics is total garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

I do know this. If what we’re seeing already as a result of NIL is the new path of college football, I’m not sure I see myself attending games as Cajun Field or spending any sort of monies in a manner that could end up going to the new free agency football (RCAF).

He will, Juluke recruited him. Juluke is a guy you love when he's working for you, but he's questionable at best when he's recruiting against you. I know a few of the things he pulled while he recruited against us at Louisiana Tech first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post

You do realize the same things will occur in baseball and softball right? Possibly even worse considering most get partial scholarships.

Billy Napier at his introductory presser in Gainesville:

“Reality is you're getting in the game and there's like three minutes left in the fourth quarter. And I think the last thing we need to do here is make some mistakes. So we'll probably -- I wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign many at all, to be honest with you. But there may be a few out there that are willing to jump in here in the last minute. We're going to be very patient and I think we'll position ourselves for after this signing day's over, we'll go see what's left out there and do the very best job we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    You do realize the same things will occur in baseball and softball right? Possibly even worse considering most get partial scholarships.
    Maybe, but I don’t see private individuals and businesses doling out huge sums of money to entice baseball and softball players away from one school to another.

Just look how much attention those two sports get from the ESPNs of the world vs college football. Hell, college baseball is non-existent to ESPN until the Supers and CWS, meanwhile they’ll still shove empty WNBA arenas into their programming.

10. Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Not near the level that it happens for football. Not close. Money difference in those sports are night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not near the level that it happens for football. Not close. Money difference in those sports are night and day.
    True, but if it's the difference between a 1/3 scholarship and NIL money equal to full tuition, that could be huge and not terribly expensive compared to football.

Montrell not near as good as Ragas or Elijah Mitchell. He's heavy footed and doen't break tackles. Course, he was a FR so expect he'll improve but didn't see elite talent out of him this year.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Desormeaux and our staff have work to do going forward, there is no other way to address it. Let me also say that Billy Napier, Juluke and Toney have made this very personal. This isn't just about the NIL, they have deliberately targeted this program's roster. And before someone says it's legal with the NIL, that doesn't make it ethical! I would be upset had they left for other programs, but these are coaches they worked side by side with, and called friends. I understand Billy Napier was shocked when he realized things were much worse at Florida than he originally thought when he signed on, but his situational ethics is total garbage.
    Great post T....this here is really all we need to know...no ethics or integrity from those 3. They've gutted the entire football operation....

14. Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Montrell not near as good as Ragas or Elijah Mitchell. He's heavy footed and doen't break tackles. Course, he was a FR so expect he'll improve but didn't see elite talent out of him this year.
    This. And we have the big monster from Carencro. We’re fine. More carries for the studs. BYE

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This. And we have the big monster from Carencro. We’re fine. More carries for the studs. BYE
    Yep, and Emani is twice the back Johnson is. UL will be just fine without him.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information