Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Montrell Johnson portalets out to Florida

Default Re: Montrell

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Correct. He separated himself from this guys for a reason. I hope those guys bust their butts with the opportunity they now have
    From what I understand it was very close between he and the Williams kid from many.

2. Default Re: Montrell

Great.

Just saw where Trevor Etienne likely to switch to Florida. Montrell will be lost in the shuffle in Fla by his Jr year if not sooner. He is making a huge mistake. IMO

https://money.yahoo.com/trevor-etien...173124879.html

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Montrell had a great freshman season and would have had a great career at UL. We have done a great job the last few years of shuffling backs and keeping them fresh and then sending them to the NFL. He benefitted from that shuffling as did Smith and Bailey. I hope someone can step in and take the “bruiser back” touches he got.

I hope whatever his new situation works out for him. Considering he was in such a great spot, I hope he didn’t make a mistake. Time will tell.
    DreLyn Washington...5', 9" 216 pounds. That's my pick for breakout. Kid ran the 100 meters in HS too. Not saying he super fast, but he must have decent speed.

High School
    Labeled as the No. 58 running back by ESPN and the No. 114 running back in the country by 247Sports.com Composite rankings…Rushed for 5,390 yards and 68 touchdowns in high school career…Carried the ball 169 times for 1,959 yards and 28 touchdowns in 2019…Earned a second team all-state selection last season…Earned first team all-district honors during sophomore, junior and senior seasons…Broke Hemphill High School's career rushing yards record…Ran track in high school and timed at 11.13 seconds in the 100-meter dash…Chose Louisiana over Arkansas State.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Just saw where Trevor Etienne likely to switch to Florida. Montrell will be lost in the shuffle in Fla by his Jr year if not sooner. He is making a huge mistake. IMO

https://money.yahoo.com/trevor-etien...173124879.html
    Who? Oh, don’t care, he gone.

I like Montrell, he had nice size and played well for us. He is by no means irreplaceable, and not even on the same planet as backs like Elijah Mitchell. If I had to lose one, I'd choose losing him over Baily.

7. Default Re: Montrell

My understanding is that Mr. Johnson is not experiencing the interest that he was lead to believe. Also sounds like Juluke is trying to lure him to Florida, which would be a huge mistake for Trell’s career. Very real possibility that he stays in Lafayette. But, if I’m a player, do I want him in the locker room? We have a team full of foxhole guys. Testing the portal isn’t exactly that mentality… Might get interesting

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My understanding is that Mr. Johnson is not experiencing the interest that he was lead to believe. Also sounds like Juluke is trying to lure him to Florida, which would be a huge mistake for Trell’s career. Very real possibility that he stays in Lafayette. But, if I’m a player, do I want him in the locker room? We have a team full of foxhole guys. Testing the portal isn’t exactly that mentality… Might get interesting
    I think it depends on what kind of teammate he has been. Unfortunately a lot of these young men get terrible advice from people who don’t really care what happens to them. Sometimes family members provide bad/selfish advice, especially with money involved. Or if the spot that coach promised him falls through oh well.

9. Default Re: Montrell

This one hurts the most. Emani was a rising star in my opinion, the best of all of the RBs on the roster. The most complete back anyway. It is going to be hard to replace him.

So Montrell is staying? I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    This one hurts the most. Emani was a rising star in my opinion, the best of all of the RBs on the roster. The most complete back anyway. It is going to be hard to replace him.
    I'm with you on this. When I told my son yesterday that Montrell was leaving, he said "well at least its not Emani Bailey."

Sigh

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Montrell will be here next year. Ok. Maybe not that much of a limb.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Montrell will be here next year. Ok. Maybe not that much of a limb.
    I am on that same branch.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I hear what you are saying about the players in the locker room and foxhole guys. But unfortunately college will become more like the pros where guys go out and test the free agent market, to try and get the best deal for them. Some guys making more money than others can create jealousy and animosity in the locker room. College players will have to have the same mentality as pros, you can’t begrudge a guy for trying to get the best deal he can. I don’t think the pro locker rooms have a problem after the free agent market is tested or the hold out is over.

I hear what you are saying about the players in the locker room and foxhole guys. But unfortunately college will become more like the pros where guys go out and test the free agent market, to try and get the best deal for them. Some guys making more money than others can create jealousy and animosity in the locker room. College players will have to have the same mentality as pros, you can’t begrudge a guy for trying to get the best deal he can. I don’t think the pro locker rooms have a problem after the free agent market is tested or the hold out is over.
    Seems to open the door for every starter on every team who has decent tape to enter the portal after every season just to see. Plus, you get to be recruited all over again and be the center of the universe.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information