Thread: Basketball (Jones and Richards)

UL Basketball Basketball (Jones and Richards)

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere. Foote put out an article today stating Antwann Jones is no longer with the program and that Isaiah Richards could possibly play this weekend but not in the spring. Wouldn’t elaborate on why.

Default Re: Basketball (Jones and Richards)

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Didn’t see this posted elsewhere. Foote put out an article today stating Antwann Jones is no longer with the program and that Isaiah Richards could possibly play this weekend but not in the spring. Wouldn’t elaborate on why.
    Well then his grades must be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Well then his grades must be bad.
    Seems pretty obvious if he can’t play once the semester starts. I would think one of the reasons they would consider letting him play this weekend is he might be needed since he would have cleared protocol by that point and there is a chance others could be out by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Seems pretty obvious if he can’t play once the semester starts. I would think one of the reasons they would consider letting him play this weekend is he might be needed since he would have cleared protocol by that point and there is a chance others could be out by then.
    You teach the kid a better lesson by sitting him on the bench for both games and make him watch his depleted teammates gassed on the floor. He’ll learn something about responsibility to himself and his teammates.

Now we have guys leaving the program even before we hit conference. The revolving door continues

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You teach the kid a better lesson by sitting him on the bench for both games and make him watch his depleted teammates gassed on the floor. He’ll learn something about responsibility to himself and his teammates.
    No, you keep him far away from the team when he can't go to class. That's on him. Doesn't need to be anywhere near the rest of the team for the rest of the year. SHould be sitting in study hall during every game.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Now we have guys leaving the program even before we hit conference. The revolving door continues
    To clarify, I don’t think Richards is leaving the program despite not playing in spring semester. Jones is moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    To clarify, I don’t think Richards is leaving the program despite not playing in spring semester. Jones is moving on.
    Jones wasn't given a fair shot by the staff. He should've been starting.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Jones wasn't given a fair shot by the staff. He should've been starting.
    I think there were off the court issues in Jones situation. Don’t know details.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think there were off the court issues in Jones situation. Don’t know details.
    Trimming the roster by two players may actually help our chemistry. We saw that it was much better this past weekend with a depleted roster and we got more out of less guys. Could be a blessing although Marlin's attrition is still concerning.

Thread Information