Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    Not worth my time to talk like an adult here. Ya'll try to have a happy new year. Go Gators!
    You are correct not worth your time. Not sure why you are here in the first place. Now get lost.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct not worth your time. Not sure why you are here in the first place. Now get lost.
    Far be it for me to point to her that being the adult in the room requires enough information on the subject to mediate the discussion. I doubt very seriously that her paid access Gator Fan board has provided any celerity on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Thank you, but I speak for myself.

I am disappointed by what I am reading. I also believe we as message board folk have taken this and turned it into something bigger than it is. We've taken a lot of things as pure truth and responded accordingly. Not the first time it's happened here and won't be the last.

What we are talking about is four players in the portal. I have no issue with the coaches and support personnel that have followed Billy to Florida. That's the way this business works. So far Kamryn Waites and the recruit that flipped are at Florida. I saw O'Cyrus Torrance tweet he's been offered by Auburn.

Is what is happening to us unique? Of course not. In fact, as of today, there are 3,000 players in the portal. But it's happening to us and therefore it's more personal.

I do not know what "gentlemen's agreement", if any, there was between Coach Napier and Coach Desormeaux. I do know that gentlemen's agreements are made between gentlemen and if one was broken, then it casts aspersions. I do not know of anyone on this board (including myself) who has spoken with either of the parties involved and therefore I do not put 100% stock in the things I have read here. I am not naive however and do believe in where there's smoke there's fire. But I don't know if this is a brush fire or something that's going to destroy acres.

Other blogs have gotten ahold of the tweet and are reporting on it. I don't think it casts Mike in a good light. Personally (and this is just me) I wish he hadn't made the tweet. I know very few of you will agree with me on that. But I think somewhere down the road, Mike is going to agree with my opinion.

In the meantime I'll go back to keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. Happy New Year to all of you.
    I agree somewhat. I for one believe Mike tweeted what he did after much thought about what ever is going and felt it needed to be said. Having said that, as I said previously, I think it would have been good for both sides, if that relationship was in good shape. Especially since it was said as Billy was leaving he is always just a phone call away if mike ever needs. Probably gonna be a pretty awkward call now, to say the least.

I agree somewhat. I for one believe Mike tweeted what he did after much thought about what ever is going and felt it needed to be said. Having said that, as I said previously, I think it would have been good for both sides, if that relationship was in good shape. Especially since it was said as Billy was leaving he is always just a phone call away if mike ever needs. Probably gonna be a pretty awkward call now, to say the least.
    From what I understand, after their last conversation on the phone there won't be any reaching out to Billy Napier until they repair their relationship. Time has a way of healing wounds and I know Mike Desormeaux is not that type of man.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    From what I understand, after their last conversation on the phone there won't be any reaching out to Billy Napier until they repair their relationship. Time has a way of healing wounds and I know Mike Desormeaux is not that type of man.
    Not the type man to hold a grudge? Or not the type of man to apologize for the tweet? Clarify? I personally don’t see them ever cozying up to one another and having a working relationship again.

Not the type man to hold a grudge? Or not the type of man to apologize for the tweet? Clarify? I personally don’t see them ever cozying up to one another and having a working relationship again.
    Not that type to hold a grudge long term. Being on speaking terms and having a working relationship are entirely different matters.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That tweet wasn't just for Napier, it's for his athletes. That's why they are rallying behind him today. And his assistants like Tim Leger were retweeting it today. The message is loud and clear, Coach Desormeaux will not sacrifice his integrity for a result. He's not about to take it back and if anyone believes our AD doesn't support it, give him a call in his office tomorrow. There is more going on behind the scenes than any of us know.
    THANK YOU!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    THANK YOU!!!!
    May the great Lima Bean God smite Napier good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    May the great Lima Bean God smite Napier good!!!
    Yay and amen!

10. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    From reading the message board, this message board, before the hire I do. Reading articles on the man and everyone who has ever worked with him I do. I asked the question, I didn't answer it. Did he do shady things to help UL when he first came on board? Is that who he is?
    I’ll say this, Billy at UL didn’t pillage Arizona State coaching and support staff. I recall one tight end, I believe, and coach Sale. Additionally at the time UL wasn’t without quality talent. The previous coach had simply lost the team. It was more of an add to than a complete rebuild like Florida. Once more at the time players didn’t get one free transfer, and money was illegal. Totally different set of circumstances.

Apple’s and Oranges as is the case with Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Yay and amen!
    I have it on good authority from the great Lima himself that Napier is on his fecal matter list

12. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Thank you, but I speak for myself.

I am disappointed by what I am reading. I also believe we as message board folk have taken this and turned it into something bigger than it is. We've taken a lot of things as pure truth and responded accordingly. Not the first time it's happened here and won't be the last.

What we are talking about is four players in the portal. I have no issue with the coaches and support personnel that have followed Billy to Florida. That's the way this business works. So far Kamryn Waites and the recruit that flipped are at Florida. I saw O'Cyrus Torrance tweet he's been offered by Auburn.

Is what is happening to us unique? Of course not. In fact, as of today, there are 3,000 players in the portal. But it's happening to us and therefore it's more personal.

I do not know what "gentlemen's agreement", if any, there was between Coach Napier and Coach Desormeaux. I do know that gentlemen's agreements are made between gentlemen and if one was broken, then it casts aspersions. I do not know of anyone on this board (including myself) who has spoken with either of the parties involved and therefore I do not put 100% stock in the things I have read here. I am not naive however and do believe in where there's smoke there's fire. But I don't know if this is a brush fire or something that's going to destroy acres.

Other blogs have gotten ahold of the tweet and are reporting on it. I don't think it casts Mike in a good light. Personally (and this is just me) I wish he hadn't made the tweet. I know very few of you will agree with me on that. But I think somewhere down the road, Mike is going to agree with my opinion.

In the meantime I'll go back to keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. Happy New Year to all of you.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with players transferring.

13. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Thanks, Jay. A couple of things. First, maybe Mike will regret the tweet but in this generation of young players, the team likely will respond to that positively. Mike probably saw he has to send a message to his old mentor but really for show with his players. You saw the response from many of the players on Twitter. It got them excited and even more invested. It appears that kind of thing resonates.

Second, I’ve known Mike since high school. He has always been even-keeled and cool. Never the type of guy to get into Twitter beef. So for him to put that out there, I’d imagine it’s a big deal.

I think you will have to admit if all 4 of the players in the portal (and any more that go in) end up at Florida, it will be beyond fishy as far as inappropriate recruiting.

Happy New Year to you and let’s hope for some good news around here soon.
    He doesn’t and won’t ever regret the tweet.

14. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Worst part about this whole thing is getting lectured by half wits.
    100000%

15. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Lol I was just thinking the same thing…. What if this is all a big misunderstanding lol! Social media = the devil.
    It isn’t.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 . LastLast

Thread Information