Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Should make for an interesting coaching convention
    I hope Mike puts his @$$ in a head lock. He might be the toughest SOB to put a uniform on here.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I hope Mike puts his @$$ in a head lock.
    Just curious Exactly how is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post

Just curious Exactly how is this done?
    Jocularity, jocularity.

Jeez, we needed this laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Has Mr. Jay Walker given his take on all of this yet?
    I would guess with his official position with the university he cannot.

Seeing as he would not be criticizing Louisiana, I don't know why he couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    If you want to hear what the UF message board thinks about this subject here you go

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga.he-hbc.535195/
    None of those people have a clue as to what the gentleman's agreement was between des Nap and maggard. Neither do we. Judging by Mikes reaction someone isn't living up to their end of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Seeing as he would not be criticizing Louisiana, I don't know why he couldn't.
    Yeah, but Jay is not going to come out and criticize Napier anyhow.

I don’t see Jay burning bridges over this. Other than blasting Tech and “6-27”, he walks the professional line. Even in this new age of podcasts, the survival of a podcast will be related to relationships, just as in the past.

Lol at the pearl clutching by FGMom. Look, I did not participate in that kumbaya love fest that took place between some UF fans and Cajun fans. A lot of us didn't. So don't come over here or on Twitter and be shocked that some of us don't want to hold hands with you guys.

Enjoy your new staff and ride off into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Lol at the pearl clutching by FGMom. Look, I did not participate in that kumbaya love fest that took place between some UF fans and Cajun fans. A lot of us didn't. So don't come over here or on Twitter and be shocked that some of us don't want to hold hands with you guys.

Enjoy your new staff and ride off into the sunset.
    The love fest was brutal. I’m glad it’s over. Everybody can just move on

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    As somebody who isn't anywhere close to being an insider, I would say no.

This issue(s) is/are what seems to have happened in the transition.

From what I gather from folks with much more intimate knowledge of the program than myself, it seems CBN made assurances to UL regarding staffing and players.

Now, from what I am reading on Gator messages boards and in Gainesville media outlets, it appears the Gator athletic program has some issues. More specifically, the football program has a problem not only with hard infrastructure, but with its soft infrastructure as well.

The support staff in place was severley lacking. Obviously, coaching was an issue, as was recruiting (to the extent I actually read comments from Gator supporters that they hoped Napier brought more UL players with as they were willing to sacrifice some talent for some character).

I think CBN got into a situation that was much worse than he thought (at Florida), so he Plan B'd things, and went back on those assurances he made to his old team.

Right now, we are at 1 player transferring to Florida, 3 in the portal, and a fourth who decommitted to UL and signed with Florida. The first three in the portal are starters and it was anticipated the transfer would be a signficant contributor, probably next year.

Again, I am not an insider and the information regarding Florida I read on Florida sources.
    Thank you for that thought out post. I belong to a paid insider site and all and any issues with the football program "infrastructure" was attributed to the old boss. We've been there and done that. Meyer came and fixed a world of hurt, so it's not a death sentence.
    Saying BN changed in the process is just a way to support the narrative. Players want to play mostly for the coach and not the school, especially recruits. We've lost recruits to former coaches (for whatever reason they were a former coach). Recruiting is built on relationships and BN told us straight up that he was going to take his time and we'd be a little upset with him, but he was going to do it right. It's part of the college business side. We've been on both sides of the transaction and now with NIL it's getting to the point where you either get on board, or you watch from the sidelines. Your coach was retained by BN when he was hired, but not asked to come with him when he left. Sour grapes? Maybe. Now BN has players that loved playing for him wanting to go play for him again at an SEC school with history of winning. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It doesn't mean that someone has lost the integrity they have possessed their entire life. Your coach needs to kiss it up to God and go take care of business for the Univ of Louisiana.

Thank you, but I speak for myself.

I am disappointed by what I am reading. I also believe we as message board folk have taken this and turned it into something bigger than it is. We've taken a lot of things as pure truth and responded accordingly. Not the first time it's happened here and won't be the last.

What we are talking about is four players in the portal. I have no issue with the coaches and support personnel that have followed Billy to Florida. That's the way this business works. So far Kamryn Waites and the recruit that flipped are at Florida. I saw O'Cyrus Torrance tweet he's been offered by Auburn.

Is what is happening to us unique? Of course not. In fact, as of today, there are 3,000 players in the portal. But it's happening to us and therefore it's more personal.

I do not know what "gentlemen's agreement", if any, there was between Coach Napier and Coach Desormeaux. I do know that gentlemen's agreements are made between gentlemen and if one was broken, then it casts aspersions. I do not know of anyone on this board (including myself) who has spoken with either of the parties involved and therefore I do not put 100% stock in the things I have read here. I am not naive however and do believe in where there's smoke there's fire. But I don't know if this is a brush fire or something that's going to destroy acres.

Other blogs have gotten ahold of the tweet and are reporting on it. I don't think it casts Mike in a good light. Personally (and this is just me) I wish he hadn't made the tweet. I know very few of you will agree with me on that. But I think somewhere down the road, Mike is going to agree with my opinion.

In the meantime I'll go back to keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. Happy New Year to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Thank you, but I speak for myself.

I am disappointed by what I am reading. I also believe we as message board folk have taken this and turned it into something bigger than it is. We've taken a lot of things as pure truth and responded accordingly. Not the first time it's happened here and won't be the last.

What we are talking about is four players in the portal. I have no issue with the coaches and support personnel that have followed Billy to Florida. That's the way this business works. So far Kamryn Waites and the recruit that flipped are at Florida. I saw O'Cyrus Torrance tweet he's been offered by Auburn.

Is what is happening to us unique? Of course not. In fact, as of today, there are 3,000 players in the portal. But it's happening to us and therefore it's more personal.

I do not know what "gentlemen's agreement", if any, there was between Coach Napier and Coach Desormeaux. I do know that gentlemen's agreements are made between gentlemen and if one was broken, then it casts aspersions. I do not know of anyone on this board (including myself) who has spoken with either of the parties involved and therefore I do not put 100% stock in the things I have read here. I am not naive however and do believe in where there's smoke there's fire. But I don't know if this is a brush fire or something that's going to destroy acres.

Other blogs have gotten ahold of the tweet and are reporting on it. I don't think it casts Mike in a good light. Personally (and this is just me) I wish he hadn't made the tweet. I know very few of you will agree with me on that. But I think somewhere down the road, Mike is going to agree with my opinion.

In the meantime I'll go back to keeping my ears open and my mouth shut. Happy New Year to all of you.
    Agree to disagree. Dez stood up for his principles and I realize he isn't ticked for no good reason .

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    Thank you for that thought out post. I belong to a paid insider site and all and any issues with the football program "infrastructure" was attributed to the old boss. We've been there and done that. Meyer came and fixed a world of hurt, so it's not a death sentence.
    Saying BN changed in the process is just a way to support the narrative. Players want to play mostly for the coach and not the school, especially recruits. We've lost recruits to former coaches (for whatever reason they were a former coach). Recruiting is built on relationships and BN told us straight up that he was going to take his time and we'd be a little upset with him, but he was going to do it right. It's part of the college business side. We've been on both sides of the transaction and now with NIL it's getting to the point where you either get on board, or you watch from the sidelines. Your coach was retained by BN when he was hired, but not asked to come with him when he left. Sour grapes? Maybe. Now BN has players that loved playing for him wanting to go play for him again at an SEC school with history of winning. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. It doesn't mean that someone has lost the integrity they have possessed their entire life. Your coach needs to kiss it up to God and go take care of business for the Univ of Louisiana.
    I agree with you to an extent but it is illegal to recruit players from another school before they enter the portal!! Did that happen???? I’m sure we will never know, but with that aside, when you have an agreement with someone you honor it and that is integrity…. Apparently he is not honoring that agreement….No doubt people appreciate what Billy did here, but now he is turning around and trying to gut us…. In Cajun culture we invite you into our homes with open arms and accept you, but we expect you to be a good human being and not steal from us… once you do that you will see the ragin side of Cajuns lol. We don’t take to kindly to people stabbing us in the back. That is all…. I can bet you that all the guys that entered the portal will probably end up at Florida and if that is the case the NCAA needs to investigate if someone broke the rules poaching from another school… I don’t blame the athletes for going get a better deal, but I do expect them to be honest and let folks know how they were told they were going to get a better deal…. Y’all have a good coach but what he has done in the past month has rubbed a lot folks the wrong way.

Not worth my time to talk like an adult here. Ya'll try to have a happy new year. Go Gators!

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information