Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

1. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Schools are not supposed to be involved in NIL deals. However that is very murky water at this point because the NCAA didn't define any of it very well. They have already stated that they are investigating USC and SMU NIL deals. It doesn't take a genius to figure out there has to be a channel between Napier, Florida's NIL money people, and UL players. Can it be proven? Extremely unlikely.

Point is this is beyond unethical. It is a breach of NCAA bylaws. Almost impossible to prove and the "new" NCAA isn't looking to get into any fights so this probably isn't going anywhere. Does it cast Napier in a different light than the one he portrayed while coaching the Cajuns? I certainly think it does.
    NIL magnifies Authement's worst fears on steroids.

Fans with more control than the institution.

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Zoom, I'm going to have to disagree with you this time. Look, I understand living up to a contract and delivering on what you promised. I don't disagree with your points on Billy Napier's performance and tenure here at UL. We all have choices on how we conduct ourselves in business, or any role as an employee. When it comes to friends and colleagues, a certain decorum is expected, the word integrity comes to mind. I'm almost certain Billy Napier left some discussions open ended concerning the of staff and players he was interested in. That doesn't mean he still shouldn't have felt some obligation to Dr. Maggard and the guys he hired, and called friends. He made certain commitments to both from the information I've been able to gather at this point and if he decided he must change those commitments it was his responsibility to handle it professionally and ethically.

My comments aren't a rebuke on Billy Napiers accomplishments while he was here, but his actions afterwards. One of the reasons he was hired was because his integrity and work ethic. Apparently he felt those weren't important after he left the campus.
    Fully understand your point.

We’ll be fine WHEN Des lives up to his billing. Not if or maybe, WHEN. And WHEN that happens, Des will be in Napier’s shoes today. A P5 coach. He’ll be able to illustrate how he feels it should be done.

We’ll be ok. Des will fix this, and he’s not the type to come in making excuses. I personally feel his tweet was directed at the players/culture and not Napier.

The players jumping ship with get their just desserts once they realize they left the Cajun program to merely be plugs on the sinking ship that is the Florida program at the moment.

Once Napier starts rolling in 4-5 star recruits, they will be dusted with the quickness, benched or relegated to backup roles and left with "what could have beens" if they would have stayed the course.

Unfortunately, I believe we are witnessing the changing of the college football landscape in real time. Moving forward, I would not be surprised if the climate changes to where the G5 and lower tier P5 programs become a farm system for the top 15-20 elite programs in the nation where they purge talent through the portal using NIL as bait on a yearly basis.

Get comfortable with the ceiling being set at a conference championship and the New Orleans Bowl.

4. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

We’ll be fine WHEN Des lives up to his billing. Not if or maybe, WHEN. And WHEN that happens, Des will be in Napier’s shoes today. A P5 coach. He’ll be able to illustrate how he feels it should be done.

We’ll be ok. Des will fix this, and he’s not the type to come in making excuses. I personally feel his tweet was directed at the players/culture and not Napier.
    It was absolutely aimed at Napier.

In talking with several people that coached with both, Desormeaux sent this for his athletes and Billy Napier.

In talking with several people that coached with both, Desormeaux sent this for his athletes and Billy Napier.
    At this point I'm hoping UF has a scandal pop up from Mullens era and they get put on probation or worse

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    At this point I'm hoping UF has a scandal pop up from Mullens era and they get put on probation or worse
    So do we pull for LSU to beat Florida now? Lol

8. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Strongly considering it…

No. LSU will probably start hitting our program soon.

In the long run LSU will be a bigger problem than Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Strongly considering it…
    Me too.. as hard as that will be siding with those f ers , at this point if I could voodoo curse lil Billy I would

Zoom, I'm going to have to disagree with you this time. Look, I understand living up to a contract and delivering on what you promised. I don't disagree with your points on Billy Napier's performance and tenure here at UL. We all have choices on how we conduct ourselves in business, or any role as an employee. When it comes to friends and colleagues, a certain decorum is expected, the word integrity comes to mind. I'm almost certain Billy Napier left some discussions open ended concerning the of staff and players he was interested in. That doesn't mean he still shouldn't have felt some obligation to Dr. Maggard and the guys he hired, and called friends. He made certain commitments to both from the information I've been able to gather at this point and if he decided he must change those commitments it was his responsibility to handle it professionally and ethically.

My comments aren't a rebuke on Billy Napiers accomplishments while he was here, but his actions afterwards. One of the reasons he was hired was because his integrity and work ethic. Apparently he felt those weren't important after he left the campus.
    This!!!

It's one thing to leave for a better opportunity. It's another to go against your word while priding yourself on high moral character.

The fact of the matter is that Billy told us one thing and did the complete opposite. Basically, we were lied to. That doesn't work around here.

12. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

It just took one sniff of The Faux Swamp and he immediately became them . . . Napier has now lost all of the cULture which got him that job . . . good luck attempting to revive a program with those ethics and that integrity . . .

Hahaha it is funny you say that.....I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Glad you're so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Started to post yesterday, but figured it would be an unpopular opinion, but here goes...

Players come, players go. EVERY team deals with it. Good teams overcome, other teams cry about it. If we aren't capable of overcoming losing a few players and coaches, we are not as good a team as we thought we were.

I stand with the players and coaches who want to be here. The depth chart will be adjusted and some players will now be starters, I congratulate them. Now is their time to show why they were awarded a scholarship. Let's not overshadow their moment to rise up because the guy in front of them chose to leave. They may turn out to be just as good as the guy they are replacing.

In this age of $5,000,000+ annual salaried coaches, it's WIN NOW OR YOU ARE GONE. No, I don't like what is happening here, but Napier has to do everything in his power to win... just like he did when he was here. Had we hired a coach from outside our program and he brought players with him to improve our team, we would be happy about it. I think the NIL + transfer portal combination is what we are really upset about.

I understand Coach Des is upset, and rightfully so. I wouldn't have fired off that passive-aggressive tweet because I'm more of a tell you to your face type of guy, but maybe it was a good technique to rally the players and fans.

I do not like the situation, but have no doubt we will be fine.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    Well said!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information