Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    There’s no way Louisiana can compete with almost any SEC school, and certainly not Florida for salary. If I’m an assistant coach at Louisiana and Napier asks me to be a position coach, I’m gone. Better salary and better chance to move further up in my career.
    Yeah, that's a no-brainer. Everyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Then pony up. News flash we aren’t in the SEC..,have one of the highest level salary pools in the G5. G5’s hire P5 coordinators but their position coaches would be taking pay cuts?
    What the ____ are you even talking about? You said position coaches do not make what our HC makes. I said some do and can make a long list of them.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That chapter is in my new book on how to suck the success from your athletic program...James the Jewelers is the ghost author...

Regards, Dr.A
    HaHaHaHa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Isn’t it one of the highest in the G5?
    It’s hard to find updated numbers. Based off of known AAC salary pools, UL would fall in at 6 in the ACC. SMU and the other private schools don’t show totals so could fall farther down that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    What the ____ are you even talking about? You said position coaches do not make what our HC makes. I said some do and can make a long list of them.
    Then make the long list of them, position coaches...not associate/assistant head coaches like I said. I’ll wait

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    And probably are associate/assistant head coaches...which is why they have that title
    My point is if that is the average then I’m guessing the lowest paid assistants are in the 350-400 range. Again I’m guessing that’s the highest a position coach will make here.

My point is if that is the average then I’m guessing the lowest paid assistants are in the 350-400 range. Again I’m guessing that’s the highest a position coach will make here.
    The lowest paid head coach in FBS makes $450k, terry bowden at ULM

The lowest paid head coach in FBS makes $450k, terry bowden at ULM, their DC makes $150k...so what do you think their position coaches make? Patrick Toney made $450k here as a 2nd year DC...the same as terry bowden

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    It’s hard to find updated numbers. Based off of known AAC salary pools, UL would fall in at 6 in the ACC. SMU and the other private schools don’t show totals so could fall farther down that list.
    SMU you can bank on. They’re envisioning the rebirth of the Pony Express days.

10. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

No consequence for the New Pony Express

11. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Wow! That is shockingly high!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    How do you know this did not happen?
    I know it didn't happen because a little birdie told me it didn't happen.

The bottom line is the bottom line. I think Billy Napier’s agent got in his head. Buyer’s remorse, followed by desperation, and soon, despair. The devil is coming for Billy’s soul. And in four years, he will be coaching at another Group of Five school or working as analyst at a P5 like so may other former SEC move ups. Ask Gus Malzahn if he’s happier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Ask Gus Malzahn if he’s happier now.
    Well when you consider he won the Coach of the Year in 2013 and coaches in the National Championship Game, barely losing to FSU, I’m sure he’s good.

Coach if the Year
    National Champ Game appearance
    2 SEC Champ games
    1 SEC Championship
    8 seasons in the SEC
    $21 Million buyout

If Billy accomplishes that, his time at Florida is a success. Odds say he won’t.

15. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Jay Hopson new DC at ULM.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information