Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Lol at the pearl clutching by FGMom. Look, I did not participate in that kumbaya love fest that took place between some UF fans and Cajun fans. A lot of us didn't. So don't come over here or on Twitter and be shocked that some of us don't want to hold hands with you guys.

Enjoy your new staff and ride off into the sunset.
    This. I never understood the love fest for Florida after the Billy hire.

Default Re: Mike on Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I know that unless an official word about the tweet comes from CMD or Dr. M, we may never know the true meaning. But out of curiosity, of the players that have just entered the portal and now transferred, does anyone know how many of them were recruited by CMD? I only ask that because it has been said some players want to follow the coach that recruited them. I'm just curious if that is actually happening or if it's maybe something else going on. I feel bad for CMD but I think that this should galvanize the remaining players. He'll definitely be behind the eight ball this coming season so I will give him a mulligan in his first year. He's definitely getting a baptism by fire.
    In pictures I’ve seen of an in house recruiting visit CMD and CBN were together on the visit. Typically a kid or area has a position guy recruiting and then the head guy comes in to help seal the deal. So every Desormeaux, Juluke, Toney, Seagrest. recruit is also a CBN recruit as well. It may come down to which one he respects and thinks is best for his future.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just to be clear Torrence has not gone to Florida. Torrence has offers from Clemson, Auburn and Ole Miss.
    Torrence has committed to Florida. Once he enrolls, they can protect him. But until then he can change his commitment to any program he wants. He's probably got money offers now to consider.

4. Default Re: Mike on Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Torrence has committed to Florida. Once he enrolls, they can protect him. But until then he can change his commitment to any program he wants. He's probably got money offers now to consider.
    You might be correct T, but what is confusing is why is he continuing to post about all of the offers he is receiving if he already committed to UF.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    This. I never understood the love fest for Florida after the Billy hire.
    It was disgusting

You might be correct T, but what is confusing is why is he continuing to post about all of the offers he is receiving if he already committed to UF.
    He is negotiating. He is letting Florida know that he has other offers so you better come with the green. Just my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    He is negotiating. He is letting Florida know that he has other offers so you better come with the green. Just my take on it.
    You are correct and amateur sports no longer exist at the collegiate level. They have ruined college football.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    My take is its a smokescreen.

If all 4 come out RIGHT NOW and make the move to Florida, this stink is much more palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

If all 4 come out RIGHT NOW and make the move to Florida, this stink is much more palpable.
    Bingo

The same reason athletes that have publicly committed to a program continue to tweet out other offers saying, " Blessed to receive an offer from xxxxxxxxx University!"

He probably playing the game…I may WANT the Ford, but I’m gonna tell the dealer that Chevy is offering a sweet deal. Competition for his commitment may yield a better NIL deal for him

12. Default Re: Mike on Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Exactly dead nuts on. Funny how everyone of those departures started muddying the water after the uprising and questions started flying around…

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct and amateur sports no longer exist at the collegiate level. They have ruined college football.
    Absolutely agree ��

This portrayal of college as a career is bullshaaaat. Schools give these athletes a college education in exchange for the chance to continue to play a game, when many of them would normally have no chance to get one, and some of them are now just ____ting on the school that gave them that opportunity. I know this is the new reality, but it flipping sucks, and I don't have to like it.

I don't mind giving players some extra money so they don't have to struggle through school, but this is ridiculous.

If you think about it, why would Torrence go to Florida? They are almost assured a very rough first year, probably get their asses kicked quite honestly if the program was in as bad a shape as claimed. Ole miss and Clemson are better offers IMO. He doesn’t need Billy, he is the 20th rated recruit in the portal

15. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If you think about it, why would Torrence go to Florida? They are almost assured a very rough first year, probably get their asses kicked quite honestly if the program was in as bad a shape as claimed. Ole miss and Clemson are better offers IMO. He doesn’t need Billy, he is the 20th rated recruit in the portal
    I agree.

With Clemson openly offering (good publicity even if he doesn't accept) Florida looks like a poor choice.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information