Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

I hope Montrell enjoys playing on kickoff coverage team.

Look on the bright side, at least Napier isn’t suing us for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least Napier isn’t suing us for anything.
    Somebody called me?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Somebody called me?

Dude, you are on a roll with the photos…

We FINALLY have a coach that leaves for a better job, something we ALL wanted. And we LEARNED it’s a business, not a Hallmark love fest.

We’re not the first program that’s had a coach leave and he poached the pantry on the way out.

Napier left a clean program. Players follow coaches. We’re still a good program. Never heard the slightest thing regarding Napier and indiscretions off the field.

I hope it all happens again, including the poaching. It will mean UL has a great thing going.

It’s the first time our program had this situation. Learn from it and strive to do it again. Get the anger out the way and embrace the future. We wanted big time football, welcome to how it works. Beats the heck out of 6-6.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    At this point I'm hoping UF has a scandal pop up from Mullens era and they get put on probation or worse
    Boy, you guys jump the gun even faster than we do. Billy Napier has shown nothing but straight up integrity the way he handled the change. Was he shady helping UL when he started as your coach? Why would he be as Florida's coach?

7. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    Boy, you guys jump the gun even faster than we do. Billy Napier has shown nothing but straight up integrity the way he handled the change. Was he shady helping UL when he started as your coach? Why would he be as Florida's coach?
    You don’t have a freaking clue what he’s shown..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Somebody called me?
    DA LORDT***

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    We FINALLY have a coach that leaves for a better job, something we ALL wanted. And we LEARNED it’s a business, not a Hallmark love fest.

We’re not the first program that’s had a coach leave and he poached the pantry on the way out.

Napier left a clean program. Players follow coaches. We’re still a good program. Never heard the slightest thing regarding Napier and indiscretions off the field.

I hope it all happens again, including the poaching. It will mean UL has a great thing going.

It’s the first time our program had this situation. Learn from it and strive to do it again. Get the anger out the way and embrace the future. We wanted big time football, welcome to how it works. Beats the heck out of 6-6.
    Great post, pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    From reading the message board, this message board, before the hire I do. Reading articles on the man and everyone who has ever worked with him I do. I asked the question, I didn't answer it. Did he do shady things to help UL when he first came on board? Is that who he is?

11. Default Re: Desormeaux: Integrity Defined

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You're newly clued yourself.

Try not to come unclued.

If you want to hear what the UF message board thinks about this subject here you go

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...he-hbc.535195/

Has Mr. Jay Walker given his take on all of this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    If you want to hear what the UF message board thinks about this subject here you go

https://www.gatorcountry.com/swampga...he-hbc.535195/
    Napier is A 2 faced liar Period. He talks a good game but for a man who preached ethics and doing the right thing even when no bodies looking , he failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by FGMom View Post
    From reading the message board, this message board, before the hire I do. Reading articles on the man and everyone who has ever worked with him I do. I asked the question, I didn't answer it. Did he do shady things to help UL when he first came on board?
    As somebody who isn't anywhere close to being an insider, I would say no.

This issue(s) is/are what seems to have happened in the transition.

From what I gather from folks with much more intimate knowledge of the program than myself, it seems CBN made assurances to UL regarding staffing and players.

Now, from what I am reading on Gator messages boards and in Gainesville media outlets, it appears the Gator athletic program has some issues. More specifically, the football program has a problem not only with hard infrastructure, but with its soft infrastructure as well.

The support staff in place was severley lacking. Obviously, coaching was an issue, as was recruiting (to the extent I actually read comments from Gator supporters that they hoped Napier brought more UL players with as they were willing to sacrifice some talent for some character).

I think CBN got into a situation that was much worse than he thought (at Florida), so he Plan B'd things, and went back on those assurances he made to his old team.

Right now, we are at 1 player transferring to Florida, 3 in the portal, and a fourth who decommitted to UL and signed with Florida. The first three in the portal are starters and it was anticipated the transfer would be a signficant contributor, probably next year.

Again, I am not an insider and the information regarding Florida I read on Florida sources.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information