Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is no way Maggard and Napier came to some sort of agreement that if Napier's crew applied, and he would refuse.

What we have here, is human bonds +$ = crew following their boss.
    You have no clue as to what their agreement was. Neither do I. Judging by reactions there was some type of agreement. If no agreement then mag and des wouldn’t be reacting as they are.

2. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Misunderstandings are difficult to deal with. Apparently we had some misunderstandings here.

There is no way Maggard and Napier came to some sort of agreement that if Napier's crew applied, and he would refuse.

What we have here, is human bonds +$ = crew following their boss.
    First, nobody said that, so you are creating a straw man (again).

I'm trying to understand what your theory is. It seems to be you think that Billy did nothing wrong, and out of the blue Mike (and Maggard through his support of the tweet) just up and decided to get ____ed for no reason. But with you it's really hard to tell.

It seems pretty clear that there was some agreement between the MEN and one of them broke it. It ain't the first time and won't be the last time someone presents themselves as having a greater level of integrity than they do...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out. For all you "business is business" types, I've been in business for myself for 10 years, and yes some people treat others that way. I don't do business with those people either. There is legal, and there is right and some people grasp on the the former when they don't have the integrity for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    First, nobody said that, so you are creating a straw man (again).

I'm trying to understand what your theory is. It seems to be you think that Billy did nothing wrong, and out of the blue Mike (and Maggard through his support of the tweet) just up and decided to get ____ed for no reason. But with you it's really hard to tell.

It seems pretty clear that there was some agreement between the MEN and one of them broke it. It ain't the first time and won't be the last time someone presents themselves as having a greater level of integrity than they do...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out. For all you "business is business" types, I've been in business for myself for 10 years, and yes some people treat others that way. I don't do business with those people either. There is legal, and there is right and some people grasp on the the former when they don't have the integrity for the latter.
    This^

I don't see where Maggard has a reason to be mad.

All coaches on staff were Napier Crew.

There is no unwritten law that you leave your crew behind.

Please start a gator forum.

6. Default Re: Transfer Portal

It was just announced that a record 3000+ players have entered the transfer portal. I don't know if that number is accurate, but if so and you figure 130 FBS teams have 85 scholarship players that is a total of 11,000 plus players. That would mean that almost a 1/3 of all players are in the transfer portal. Now granted that number may include FCS players as well. But still, if the number being recorded is accurate that is absolutely insane and the ruination of College football.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It was just announced that a record 3000+ players have entered the transfer portal. I don't know if that number is accurate, but if so and you figure 130 FBS teams have 85 scholarship players that is a total of 11,000 plus players. That would mean that almost a 1/3 of all players are in the transfer portal. Now granted that number may include FCS players as well. But still, if the number being recorded is accurate that is absolutely insane and the ruination of College football.
    And I believe since the beginning of the Transfer Portal, a large number of those athletes never found a home. Now the extra year granted to athletes by the NCAA after COVID-19 played a roll in reducing opportunities. I think we will see larger numbers finding new programs this year.

I don't think there is any desire to "fix" this, since it will benefit the rich programs, but if we did want to fix it maybe:

You have two choices at signing day...a 4 year guaranteed scholarship, but you can't transfer without sitting out a year or....

A one year renewable scholarship, but you can do into the portal one time without losing a year.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I don't think there is any desire to "fix" this, since it will benefit the rich programs, but if we did want to fix it maybe:

You have two choices at signing day...a 4 year guaranteed scholarship, but you can't transfer without sitting out a year or....

A one year renewable scholarship, but you can do into the portal one time without losing a year.
    Rest assured sir, anything the benefits the P5 will be approved.

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    From outside looking in, it appears that it’s more than just taking staff. Reading between the lines, it looks as if there was a meeting between mag and nap, about what this place would look like for des, after Billy’s departure. It looks to be more of a man that brook his word thing, than a man that took coaches, staffers, and players thing.
    UlVictory counted 18 taken. That’s way more than most coaches do imo.

Tommy buying a tire and mechanical repair facility from Joe. Joe tells Tommy not to worry he’s interested in a similar business 35 miles away next to his parents house. He’s only going to bring a handful of the staff to the new business. Tommy bought the business. Showed up Monday morning and 70% of the employees are in the far away city.

Nothing illegal, but really double crossing. At least that’s how I view the 18 missing staff. Won’t focus on players.

11. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You’re probably under reporting the percentage because there’s lots of people who have used up their eligibility. That 3K is catastrophic.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    The bust up between UL and Napier seems to be more than the transfer portal. It seems an Maggard and CMD think Napier crossed a line and they are angry about it. Will we ever get the whole story, who knows? With the media in this town, very unlikely.
    Has nothing to do with the media. If CMD and Maggard don’t talk about it, there is nothing to report. Just like coaching searches, I don’t expect any of it to come out.

13. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You have no clue as to what their agreement was. Neither do I. Judging by reactions there was some type of agreement. If no agreement then mag and des wouldn’t be reacting as they are.
    I have no idea what their agreement was.

I can guarantee you what it wasn't.

Napier opens Florida up to all kinds of lawsuits if he refuses to take applications from Louisiana.

I have no idea what their agreement was.

I can guarantee you what it wasn't.

Napier opens Florida up to all kinds of lawsuits if he refuses to take applications from Louisiana.
    Napier is hiring his football staff, he faces no lawsuits if he refuses to interview any person that applied for a position on his staff. This happens daily in college athletics. Dr. Maggard didn’t interview every person that was interested in the HC position at UL. They don't use the term applied, that's not exactly how it works. But in any case it happens daily across the country when it comes to NCAA Coaching Staffs.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Napier is hiring his football staff, he faces no lawsuits if he refuses to interview any person that applied for a position on his staff. This happens daily in college athletics. Dr. Maggard didn’t interview every person that was interested in the HC position at UL. They don't use the term applied, that's not exactly how it works. But in any case it happens daily across the country when it comes to NCAA Coaching Staffs.
    If you exclude an institution of origin.

Also lawsuits that have no merit can be worth decades of headache.

A person could get fired after a 2, 1, 3 win season and bring a frivolous lawsuit that lasts 20 years.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information