Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

This is happening everywhere and to every university that has some big-time players.

https://www.on3.com/news/the-2021-22...ortal-tracker/

Baylor WR T.J. Sneed, a three-year starter, enters transfer portal

January 4
    Baylor redshirt senior WR R.J. Sneed, who started each of the past three seasons for the Bears, has entered the transfer portal. Sneed, who is from the Houston area, was second on the team with 46 receptions this season. He led Baylor with 39 catches in 2020, and had 133 (and eight touchdowns) in his Bears career. Sneed had 100-plus catches in each of his final three high school seasons at Cypress (Texas) Ranch High.
    Auburn leading receiver Kobe Hudson enters transfer portal

January 4
    Auburn sophomore WR Kobe Hudson, who led the Tigers with 44 receptions this season, has entered the transfer portal. Hudson is from LaGrange, Ga., about 45 miles northeast of Auburn. He also led the team with 580 receiving yards and was tied for the lead with four TD catches. Hudson was the fourth-highest-ranked prospect in Auburn’s 20202 recruiting class.
    Oklahoma WR Mario Williams is in transfer portal

January 4
    Oklahoma freshman WR Mario Williams, a four-star recruit in the 2021 class, has entered the transfer portal. Williams, from Plant City, Fla., near Tampa, was second on the Sooners with 35 receptions this season. His four TD catches were tied for third-most on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Then the player should have never signed at UL. I’m sure he saw on his recruiting trip that there wasn’t 70k in the stadium. It’s not like he didn’t know what he was signing up for when he signed.
    Maybe these players didn't have P5 options when they signed with us. Or maybe they did, and were told they'd have to prove themselves. Whereas now they have a D1 resume and are better positioned to play?

Opportunities change for athletes, just like everyday workers who bust azz and get recognized for their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Maybe these players didn't have P5 options when they signed with us. Or maybe they did, and were told they'd have to prove themselves. Whereas now they have a D1 resume and are better positioned to play?

Opportunities change for athletes, just like everyday workers who bust azz and get recognized for their efforts.
    Hunt, Dotson, and Mitchell prove that recognition and a pathway to the NFL exists here in Lafayette. The move is a mistake, IMO

The bust up between UL and Napier seems to be more than the transfer portal. It seems an Maggard and CMD think Napier crossed a line and they are angry about it. Will we ever get the whole story, who knows? With the media in this town, very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post

Torrance for instance was offered by UGA. Kids have to prove themselves at every level once the sign. Again I stand by the statement, if running out in front of 70k is what a kid is motivated by, as you stated his reason for leaving might be, he should have never signed here. Why do yourself an injustice. Shot for what your dreams are.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Hunt, Dotson, and Mitchell prove that recognition and a pathway to the NFL exists here in Lafayette. The move is a mistake, IMO

Going back to B.Mitchell days you could name dozens of examples. If you are good enough they will find you. Doesn’t matter where you are at.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    The bust up between UL and Napier seems to be more than the transfer portal. It seems an Maggard and CMD think Napier crossed a line and they are angry about it. Will we ever get the whole story, who knows? With the media in this town, very unlikely.
    If there is any internal investigation, you will not hear a word from Dr.Maggard. So the media can ask questions, but I doubt any public statements will be made.

8. Default Re: Transfer Portal

I don't see where Maggard has a reason to be mad.

All coaches on staff were Napier Crew.

There is no unwritten law that you leave your crew behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

It’s Dr. Maggard’s athletic department. He is responsible for the football program and he if he fells that the an indiscretion was committed against his football program, he has a right to feel angry.

How do you know what you can see is what he is mad about?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If there is any internal investigation, you will not hear a word from Dr.Maggard. So the media can ask questions, but I doubt any public statements will be made.
    Hell, does the media in Lafayette really even care enough? We know the Daily Advertiser sure as hell doesn't. They couldn't bother to care about the Conference Championship Game.

12. Default Re: Transfer Portal

It’s Dr. Maggard’s athletic department. He is responsible for the football program and he if he fells that the an indiscretion was committed against his football program, he has a right to feel angry.
    In some circumstances an AD has a right to be be upset if his direct hire leaves prematurely.

He has zero claim to the crew of his direct hire.

From outside looking in, it appears that it’s more than just taking staff. Reading between the lines, it looks as if there was a meeting between mag and nap, about what this place would look like for des, after Billy’s departure. It looks to be more of a man that brook his word thing, than a man that took coaches, staffers, and players thing.

14. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    From outside looking in, it appears that it’s more than just taking staff. Reading between the lines, it looks as if there was a meeting between mag and nap, about what this place would look like for des, after Billy’s departure. It looks to be more of a man that brook his word thing, than a man that took coaches, staffers, and players thing.
    There is no way Maggard and Napier came to some sort of agreement that if Napier's crew applied, and he would refuse.

What we have here, is human bonds +$ = crew following their boss.

That's because you have no knowledge what he was told by Billy Napier, nor how they agreed to the vetting of staff and any athletes that chose to transfer to his new program. None of us have any detailed information towards those agreements and expectations. What I do know is Coach Desormeaux and Dr. Maggard believe it wasn't handled properly, and I'm not implying there are possible infractions involved. If they believe there is, we will not be told of any internal review. That much I've been told.

Having known Desormeaux as a high-school athlete, a college athlete, a high-school coach and now a colleges coach, he is not angry because he lost a few players to Billy Napier, or staff he wanted to keep. He's angry because a man he called a friend and mentor broke his word to him. That much I know as well, without knowing the specifics.

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information