Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    They will add regulations soon enough.
    I doubt that. It seems the idea is to make the P5s even stronger, and the G5s even less significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    Yeah, because no one at a company has ever been upset after losing a key employee 1 year into a 4 year commitment…

In business, when four (or more) key employees leave, it’s a big deal, particularly when the company is replacing its leadership as well.

If anything, instead of saying “it’s just business,” we should be saying “it’s just sports/entertainment,” but even then we’re allowed to be upset.
    First off, pretty sure there is no 4-year commitment. The University chooses whether or not to re-new each year. I could be wrong though.

Second, I agree it's a big deal. But the reality is that these guys have a very small window to capitalize on their abilities and they are focusing on the name on the back of their jersey. You and I see it different b/c we're looking at the name on the front of the jersey.

I'm not saying you can't be upset, but I think everyone also needs to understand these guys have a short amount of time to make a lifelong memory / experience. If he has the opportunity to make more money and do so in front of 50,000 more fans on Saturday, good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    What does me working at my first job have to do with a college plyer who's actually gotten on the football field & had a chance to contribute to his team & be a part of something, then cutting out for another team simply because, well just because? No real reason, I just felt like it was my time to move on. That is stupid. But as has been proven millions of times in this country over the past couple of years. There are no laws against stupidity in the United States.
    You're telling him he should stay and build the team, so that thought process can be applied to any working person.

Did you stay at your first job and help build that company with your hard work & results? Or did you entertain other opportunities that would benefit your future and family?

4. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Question: are you still working at your first job?
    What the NCAA is creating with all these P5 waivers is an entire generation of Antonio Brown type personalities.

I'm seeing transfer portal kids around the country announcing their "top 5" on Twitter. Must be partly chasing that high they felt when they were being recruited in high school and getting all kind of attention.

Maybe Billy will pull Marlin from the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Did you stay at your first job and help build that company with your hard work & results? Or did you entertain other opportunities that would benefit your future and family?
    I don't understand why people keep comparing jobs to college athletes. Apples and oranges.

9. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I don't understand why people keep comparing jobs to college athletes. Apples and oranges.
    BINGO! Agree wholeheartedly!

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

It really isn’t. The courts have said there’s no difference. The only way to get some meaningful limits on this is through Congress.

I’ve been listening to the upper tier college sports talk shows for years. The professionals view the players as businessmen. They’re not upset with the transfer December signing and portal because of fans, but for the early firing of the coaches.

The only people who matter IMO are fans in this bizarro world. None of this would happen without fans love for their universities. Nobody gives two shakes of their male members after relief in minor league sports.

College athletics is their job. Just as most of us would leave our current employer for a substantial raise, it’s not unreasonable to expect college athletes to do the same.

Right, because coaches don't sign contracts, have buyouts and integrity clauses. Sounds nothing like the corporate business world.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    ____ing A!!!!!

That's what we need.

14. Default Re: Transfer Portal

You go to college for a "future" payday. Not a temporary one.

Quality athletes need playing time more than anything.

NFL vs $50G

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    What the NCAA is creating with all these P5 waivers is an entire generation of Antonio Brown type personalities.
    Oh, they were already there. The NIL ruling just opened the barn door.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information