Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

All this talk about kids just being kids can now be thrown out the window. Montrel Johnson had an opportunity to be a huge part of future UL success & IMO has p!$$ed it away on a situation that can only be worse for him at least playing time wise. If he couldn't beat out Amani Bailey for more playing time, then how does he expect to beat out five Amani bailey's for playing time. We'll see him again at Southeastern, or Nicholls, or Northwestern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    All this talk about kids just being kids can now be thrown out the window. Montrel Johnson had an opportunity to be a huge part of future UL success & IMO has p!$$ed it away on a situation that can only be worse for him at least playing time wise. If he couldn't beat out Amani Bailey for more playing time, then how does he expect to beat out five Amani bailey's for playing time. We'll see him again at Southeastern, or Nicholls, or Northwestern.
    Alonzo Harris and Elizah McGuire filled roles and split time. Both played on Sundays.

Raymond Calais, Elijah Mitchell, and Trey Ragas filled roles and split time. All three are playing on Sundays.

Chris Smith, Emani Bailey, Montrell Johnson.....

Guess Montrell either didn't want to fill a role or split time.

Good luck playing behind somebody who's bigger and faster.

Or starting for Nichols.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Question: are you still working at your first job?

I don't mind losing montrell as much as the other two. He's easier to replace IMO we have the freshman in Terrence Williams, kendrell Williams, and dre'lyn Washington

5. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    So it should now be the norm for college football players to look for a “better job” every year?

Since UL is not a P5 powerhouse, I guess we should really be working to help our athletes transfer into better programs after a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    So it should now be the norm for college football players to look for a “better job” every year?

Since UL is not a P5 powerhouse, I guess we should really be working to help our athletes transfer into better programs after a year or two.
    Yea, I guess we need to know our place now. Perhaps instead of an NFL wall, we'll have a wall filled with players that transferred to SEC schools. ____ that.

I always believed that the transfer portal is the worst thing to happen to college athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post

No, we shouldn't help them.

But there's no point in sitting around, soaking in our tears. Tell him his locker will be packed and his personal schit will be mailed to him. Just like every company does when someone turns in their resignation.

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

No, we shouldn't help them.

But there's no point in sitting around, soaking in our tears. Tell him his locker will be packed and his personal schit will be mailed to him. Just like every company does when someone turns in their resignation.
    Yeah, because no one at a company has ever been upset after losing a key employee 1 year into a 4 year commitment…

In business, when four (or more) key employees leave, it’s a big deal, particularly when the company is replacing its leadership as well.

If anything, instead of saying “it’s just business,” we should be saying “it’s just sports/entertainment,” but even then we’re allowed to be upset.

What does me working at my first job have to do with a college plyer who's actually gotten on the football field & had a chance to contribute to his team & be a part of something, then cutting out for another team simply because, well just because? No real reason, I just felt like it was my time to move on. That is stupid. But as has been proven millions of times in this country over the past couple of years. There are no laws against stupidity in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    I always believed that the transfer portal is the worst thing to happen to college athletics.
    They will add regulations soon enough.

Only because of NIL. The transfer portal in itself isn't the issue. It's the issue of buying players on the collegiate level that will cause major college sports to collapse under its own weight.

14. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Removing the requirement that an athlete must sit for a year is the worst thing. You want to move? Fine, take a year off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Alonzo Harris and Elizah McGuire filled roles and split time. Both played on Sundays.

Raymond Calais, Elijah Mitchell, and Trey Ragas filled roles and split time. All three are playing on Sundays.

Chris Smith, Emani Bailey, Montrell Johnson.....

Guess Montrell either didn't want to fill a role or split time.

Good luck playing behind somebody who's bigger and faster.

Or starting for Nichols.
    Or Montrell has a NIL deal and he’s gonna get paid. P5s and G5s like SMU have money to burn. In fact SMU’s fan base was right there with ours when paying players was made legal months back…a feeling of vindication over the death penalties each received. Only difference they have the money barge ready.

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information