Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What needs to happen is when these kids don’t find the “better” landing spot they are looking for and want to return, every coach/team should say “sorry we have moved on, good luck to you”
    That would only be valuable if it taught highschoolers a future lesson.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    He will regret that decision in the long run. Might get used next year then Nap will bring in guys with better speed. He doesn't have the break away speed most good running backs do at that level.
    Stars in his eyes. Oh well, next guy up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That would only be valuable if it taught highschoolers a future lesson.
    Not really, it teaches everyone else already in your locker room a lesson as well. You better be sure the grass is greener

4. Default Re: Transfer Portal

I'm worried that if you can't recruit the guys you have in-house, you will soon find yourself in the outhouse.

I think a lack of social media coaching announcements is playng into this phenomenon.

5. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Even if it is “just business,” it’s still infuriating and reflects poorly on Napier. These two things can be true at the same time.

I'm worried that if you can't recruit the guys you have in-house, you will soon find yourself in the outhouse.

I think a lack of social media coaching announcements is playng into this phenomenon.
    I would bet the players are hearing more about coaches and staff than what’s being portrayed to the public.

I’m gonna go on a limb and say Lacy will be the next to enter the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Power View Post
    Even if it is “just business,” it’s still infuriating and reflects poorly on Napier. These two things can be true at the same time.
    A very successful and ethically sound friend of mine once told me he HATES the phrase, “it’s just business”! He said if you use that line as an excuse to burn bridges, you are lying to yourself and everybody around you.

He's overrated

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    They get tired of playing in a half ass media town in front of half ass crowds...I'd leave too...
    Valid point. College athletes have a very small window - can't blame them for wanting to best experience possible.

I know I've moved on to greener pastures in my career.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RAP53 View Post
    He's overrated
    Which "He" are you referring to? Alot of names being discussed in this thread...

Maybe you should fund some NIL "salaries" so the coaches can live up to your inhouse recruiting expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    A very successful and ethically sound friend of mine once told me he HATES the phrase, “it’s just business”! He said if you use that line as an excuse to burn bridges, you are lying to yourself and everybody around you.
    "It's just business" is what people with no integrity say when they want to pretend they are not what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_RAP53 View Post
    He's overrated
    Definitely under achieved some. But has the most up side in the room. If he could only get over himself he could be very good.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    I would bet the players are hearing more about coaches and staff than what’s being portrayed to the public.
    No public announcements means the talk dies in the clubhouse.

A social media presence and the players get the feel tha things are happening while on the streets and when they bump into associates.

No buzz

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information