Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

I was worried about this. FL money comes with FL expectations of success. FL expectations can lead some people to abandon their principles.

Just thought it would take a little longer for it all to happen.

Oh well, ____ the sec and let’s Geaux Cajuns!

So how many Cajuns players going to UF?

#Cajuns OL O’Cyrus Torrence and CB Mekhi Garner (confirmed on his Instagram) have entered the transfer portal

I understand why players who received little to no playing time would want to transfer, thinking they may get a better opportunity to play more or even become a starter, BUT why would players who played significant roles in record setting seasons, even starters, want to enter the transfer portal?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    #Cajuns OL O’Cyrus Torrence and CB Mekhi Garner (confirmed on his Instagram) have entered the transfer portal

I understand why players who received little to no playing time would want to transfer, thinking they may get a better opportunity to play more or even become a starter, BUT why would players who played significant roles in record setting seasons, even starters, want to enter the transfer portal?
    $$$$$$$$$

5. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    $$$$$$$$$
    True, but those two had a better chance of playing for a national championship at UL than any version of Florida Gator team in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    True, but those two had a better chance of playing for a national championship at UL than any version of Florida Gator team in their career.
    Naps is desperate.. scared money disregards values taught. Florida is not even Notre Dame now... His success is gonna be tough in today's world.

On Twitter alot of these national college football writers break 'news' on there so I follow them. Definitely not on Twitter to follow politics. Anyway, today must have had dozens of 'college sports news' tweets of G5 program players entering transfer portal and/or said players joining their old coach at a P5 school. We're just entering an era now where the players are going to shop around. I hate the idea of losing good players to other programs, especially team leaders. However we similarly will be rolling out the red carpet to fill gaps, bolster our depth, etc. Its the way of the world now.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post

The NIL, plain and simple.

9. Default Re: Transfer Portal

It really is that simple. Billy said as much.

Attached Images Attached Images  

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    $$$$$$$$$
    I am shocked the NFL $$$$$$ in another year wouldn't be incentive enough to keep continuity together.

Perhaps they think Vallot was the linchpin of the O-Line

Gainesville pays.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns78 View Post
    It really is that simple. Billy said as much.
    This is what I said we should have been doing…. We need to sell jersey sponsorships so we can pay our players for their NIL. Maybe the O-line can be sponsored by Emril’s restaurant lol! We always bring folks to NOLA!

In regards to NIL, one small thing Michigan did was tie it into their merchandise. A portion of all proceeds from merchandise sold goes to players through an NIL deal. Something simple that we can replicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Yup, was worried about him
    Let me guess. UF?

When will this stop?
    NIL will kill the G5. G5 finds diamond in rough, coaches them up to be a star, only for P5 schools to scoop them up

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information