Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    We lost because we could not run the ball. We only ran for 76 yards and Baily and Johnson only had a combined 12 carries. I don't Billy knew what he had yet in those two.
    I think we’re saying the same thing

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    QB
    Yup.. spot on

One last thing to add. Social Media is not your friend or a safe space when your emotional. be warned. Social Media never loses, no matter how right you are!

As Coach Robe would always say….don’t get too high or too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Who is Rico????
    He is a sophomore from fansville. He is way down on the depth chart. He doesn’t want to wait his turn. He said “Rico’s time is now”. Before throwing himself into the portal.

Well Caleb Williams, the OU QB entered the portal. They have lost Rattler and could lose Williams. This isn’t just a UL or G5 issue.

This just reinforces that a lot players commit to people/coaches, not to universities these days.

Caleb Williams, the stud QB who came in after Rattler kept acting like a ____head and lit it up, has entered the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Well Caleb Williams, the OU QB entered the portal. They have lost Rattler and could lose Williams. This isn’t just a UL or G5 issue.

This just reinforces that a lot players commit to people/coaches, not to universities these days.
    Well they always have...they just don’t have to sit out a year now. That’s the problem, it’s not the portal, it’s not NIL or early signing period. Leaving without having to sit out a year is what is driving all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Leaving without having to sit out a year is what is driving all of this.
    My wife doesn't follow college athletics, but has a general idea of what's going on. I talked to her about NIL and transfers yesterday. She asked " they have to sit out a year, right?" I said "no." She said "well, there's your issue."

NIL just adds fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    My wife doesn't follow college athletics, but has a general idea of what's going on. I talked to her about NIL and transfers yesterday. She asked " they have to sit out a year, right?" I said "no." She said "well, there's your issue."

NIL just adds fuel to the fire.
    We would still see some of it, but guys that have been starting 2-3 years aren’t going sit out a year to play one. It just wouldn’t happen. This would all come to a screeching halt if guys had to sit out.

Anybody know why Shane Vallot ain’t coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Anybody know why Shane Vallot ain’t coming back?
    Heard he wanted to get into coaching. And he graduated or will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    As Coach Robe would always say….don’t get too high or too low.
    Yeah well wait till NIL starts hitting baseball and softball. Both of which are scholarship limited. Sorry to point it out but these sports are going to get hammered. NIL's from the P5 conferences will abound. Many of these kids are on 1/3rd scholarships. Now it will be the equivalent to a full scholarship plus......

I'm not far from being done with sports in general as a form of entertainment. Money rules... rest are fools...

This will put DeS in a hole. He may never come out of it. NIL is nothing more than a free agency for the bigger schools.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Heard he wanted to get into coaching. And he graduated or will soon.
    …….Well this is a real LONG SHOT……Ask Vallot to be an almost player coach…..There are certain things like block technique that he might be able to even show better than the staff coaches….recent performance knowledge could really help in the new guys development!.think it takes somebody special and he might be the guy….give him $50K or whatever!

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information