Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, this.

Made the point earlier.

Or maybe Tony Chachere's or Tabassco can start sponsoring NIL contracts with recruits.
    Yeap, but Ide imagine even then the RCAF would need the money to balance the books. Would have to be outside the university deals.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The problem is at UL we don't have enough money to pay the bills much less offer NIL deals. We need all the RCAF money to try and stay afloat.
    According to Bull dogs barks and bytes the UL athletic dept was 5 mil in the hole in 2020. That is the only place I heard that, not sure if it is true.

Rico is entering the transfer portal. He stated position on the depth chart as the reason for entering the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    According to Bull dogs barks and bytes the UL athletic dept was 5 mil in the hole in 2020. That is the only place I heard that, not sure if it is true.
    We did lose 4 mill last year... Just means we had to balance the budget with other monies.

It's not that much, but I'll leave it at it was red.

Rico??

7. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Rico is entering the transfer portal. He stated position on the depth chart as the reason for entering the portal.
    Zombie LoTech is using the maximum allowed under the general fund law they helped us with about two decades back. Some might recall that McLeast opposed it because their general fund was so much lower.

We’re not using general fund percentages for athletics like everyone else in the ULS. Still it’s heartwarming to hear that Zombie LoTec fans are so concerned about our well being.

Replacement for Garner? Brother Martin HS

https://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Turner-46080524/

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The problem is at UL we don't have enough money to pay the bills much less offer NIL deals. We need all the RCAF money to try and stay afloat.
    Seems like boosters are going to need to seriously rethink where their money is going.

5 years ago it was a great idea for boosters to contribute to the RCAF because that allowed us to spend on better facilities, better coaches, etc. which is what helped us attract better athletes.

But in 2022, I have to assume a steady
    paycheck will do a hell of a lot more to attract recruits than facilities or coaches.

It seems like we’re going to have to do what all the P5s are doing and establish a booster-led NIL fund. We obviously won’t be able to compete with P5 schools, but this is the new reality. The game has changed. The sooner we learn how to play it the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yeah, this.

Made the point earlier.

Or maybe Tony Chachere's or Tabassco can start sponsoring NIL contracts with recruits.
    Be careful, Napier has already picked up Jack Miller through the transfer portal. Tony Chachere may be next.

11. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Be careful, Napier has already picked up Jack Miller through the transfer portal. Tony Chachere may be next.
    We should go with Pig Stand the original Cajun BarBQue sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    That's why you never let the guy leaving pick his replacement. Plain and simple.
    Look, Billy Napier didn't hand pick his successor. He was consulted with, along with others and Dr. Maggard made this hire....good, bad or indifferent. I understand the disappointment of losing two outstanding athletes, but these won't be the last ones this year to enter the Transfer Portal. And most of them will be leaving to play at a higher level, not because of our current coaching staff. It is the nature of the beast, and I don't like it but Pandora's box has been opened. This doesn't mean our staff can't grab a few athletes in the Transfer Portal like Jefferson from North Alabama that was the Co-MVP in the bowl in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson when it comes to coaches and athletes after the Hudspeth tenure. We should treat each with respect as long as they are here, but they are not your friends or family. And while I will always appreciate the job Billy Napier has done here at UL and raising this program to a level never seen before, he is not the 13th apostle some have made him on this board. Billy Napier is about Billy Napier, he is employed elsewhere and is no longer our coach. He's going to do what he can within his control to be successful at Florida. At this point, there has been nothing we can point to that provides absolute proof he, or a member of his staff did anything wrong. We are not used to seeing this because we have been at the bottom of the barrel so long, it's relatively new to UL fans.

Going forward, I will give Coach Desormeaux and his staff the opportunity to show what they can do together, understanding that there will be somewhat of a learning curve the first year or two. But that is why he has smartly surrounded himself with a tremendous amount of coaching knowledge and experience in Leger, Munoz and Viator. I hope the rest of you will give him and his staff the same, even if you have some reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Look, Billy Napier didn't hand pick his successor. He was consulted with, along with others and Dr. Maggard made this hire....good, bad or indifferent. I understand the disappointment of losing two outstanding athletes, but these won't be the last ones this year to enter the Transfer Portal. And most of them will be leaving to play at a higher level, not because of our current coaching staff. It is the nature of the beast, and I don't like it but Pandora's box has been opened. This doesn't mean our staff can't grab a few athletes in the Transfer Portal like Jefferson from North Alabama that was the Co-MVP in the bowl in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson when it comes to coaches and athletes after the Hudspeth tenure. We should treat each with respect as long as they are here, but they are not your friends or family. And while I will always appreciate the job Billy Napier has done here at UL and raising this program to a level never seen before, he is not the 13th apostle some have made him on this board. Billy Napier is about Billy Napier, he is employed elsewhere and is no longer our coach. He's going to do what he can within his control to be successful at Florida. At this point, there has been nothing we can point to that provides absolute proof he, or a member of his staff did anything wrong. We are not used to seeing this because we have been at the bottom of the barrel so long, it's relatively new to UL fans.

Going forward, I will give Coach Desormeaux and his staff the opportunity to show what they can do together, understand that there will be somewhat of a learning curve the first year or two. But that is why he has smartly surrounded himself with a tremendous amount of coaching knowledge and experience in Leger, Munoz and Viator. I hope the rest of you will him and his staff, even if you have some reservations.
    Very well put, T.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Going forward, I will give Coach Desormeaux and his staff the opportunity to show what they can do together, understanding that there will be somewhat of a learning curve the first year or two. But that is why he has smartly surrounded himself with a tremendous amount of coaching knowledge and experience in Leger, Munoz and Viator. I hope the rest of you will give him and his staff the same, even if you have some reservations.
    This is worthy of a positive green rep point. And that's how I feel about staff/players/coaches as well at this point with exceptions of course.

Who? The ULM lineman?

Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information