Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

And another thing. Some of you want it both ways. Many of you here were telling people that hiring a coach like Des, wasnt going to be a problem. It didnt matter that he had no experience or contacts outside of the university, because "Napier was gonna help him out with that". "No way was Napier gonna recommend him for the job, then not help him be succesful". Remember? Telling people to stop bringing up these concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Top P5 programs are getting their corporate sponsors, law firms and other business entities to offer deals to any athletes that sign with the program. It lures athletes to come play for your program with larger NIL opportunities, in addition to playing for a higher profile program if you are an NFL prospect.

The University of Texas recently offered any HS linemen that sign with the program a guaranteed NIL deal worth $50K. This is apparently allowed under the NCAA Guidelines, but some P5 programs are pushing the envelope.
    Shocking...

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How would Napier be unaware of it? Some business doesnt just randomly offer a kid an NIL deal on the off chance he may end up there. These businesses offering NIL deals would need to know what players are wanted. Napier has to want those players, and let them know they have a place. Regardless if its about NIL or just a scholarship offer, those kids had to be contacted and let them know they have a place there. Unless you believe Garner and Torrence just didnt want to be here and entered the portal together, with no place in mind. It ALL starts with Napier. Am I upset because I didnt think this would happen? Absolutely not. I said this would happen. Its upsetting because if Napier gave Des the recommendation to "continue" what we had going, then systematically pillages the compound of our best coaches, staff, and players....thats sh__y. Its like, "hey buddy, Im handing you the keys to the kingdom!" "Oh, by the way, Im taking the kingdom with me.....but you can have these keys." Whats most damaging is that you did that to a coach with zero ties and contacts outside this university. I feel bad for Des. Do I get it? Yes. Its just the way it is now? Yes. Its still sh__ty to do to someone you were were supposedly trying to help. If this is "just business" and thats what he was gonna do, dont recommend Des. Recommend a guy like himself that had the experience, the tools and the contacts to be able to do what he did here.
    Billy doesn't have to be entirely aware of it, since it's all handled by compliance and the business entity. Now it's highly questionable to assume Billy Napier, or any head coach is not aware after the deal is done that one of his top athletes has a NIL agreement in place. If a coach like Lincoln Riley and his staff at USC, and Steve Sarkisian at Texas are openly selling NIL opportunities to athletes to come play in there programs, Billy Napier is not going to use it at the University of Florida?

Billy Napier and his staff are going to use the NIL as a recruiting tool, they have no choice if he is going to compete for the top athletes against Alabama, Georgia and Auburn. I highly doubt Billy Napier is unaware of any discussions with his former players mentioned in this thread. What is hard to prove is if these players has every intention on leaving and playing for him after he was hired at Florida, or they continued conversations by the use of third parties.

Got a question that probably only T can answer.

We went into this recruiting period on having (I think) 15 scholarhships available.

Why was this?

I think I've heard it was the Covid issue. Could very well be wrong, but why do we only have 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Got a question that probably only T can answer.

We went into this recruiting period on having (I think) 15 scholarhships available.

Why was this?

I think I've heard it was the Covid issue. Could very well be wrong, but why do we only have 15?
    That was based upon the number of returning athletes at each position and the NCAA mandate that each program return to the 85 scholarship limit.

Illegal claims are soap box excuses that don't gain traction or sympathy. Every SEC school slogan is if your not cheating then your not trying. No one should be surprised. Just hurt. Best not to even use the it's illegal claim true or not , proof or not. Lets Lick out emotional wounds and bounce back. But everyone needs to keep their heads high. I know we haven't suffered many losses the last 3 yeara but let's Act like we can recover from loss.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    How would Napier be unaware of it? Some business doesnt just randomly offer a kid an NIL deal on the off chance he may end up there. These businesses offering NIL deals would need to know what players are wanted. Napier has to want those players, and let them know they have a place. Regardless if its about NIL or just a scholarship offer, those kids had to be contacted and let them know they have a place there. Unless you believe Garner and Torrence just didnt want to be here and entered the portal together, with no place in mind. It ALL starts with Napier. Am I upset because I didnt think this would happen? Absolutely not. I said this would happen. Its upsetting because if Napier gave Des the recommendation to "continue" what we had going, then systematically pillages the compound of our best coaches, staff, and players....thats sh__y. Its like, "hey buddy, Im handing you the keys to the kingdom!" "Oh, by the way, Im taking the kingdom with me.....but you can have these keys." Whats most damaging is that you did that to a coach with zero ties and contacts outside this university. I feel bad for Des. Do I get it? Yes. Its just the way it is now? Yes. Its still sh__ty to do to someone you were were supposedly trying to help. If this is "just business" and thats what he was gonna do, dont recommend Des. Recommend a guy like himself that had the experience, the tools and the contacts to be able to do what he did here.
    Yup.

Why would Billy Bob Gator offer O'Cyrus Torrence a $75,000 contract to go to UL?

And if Billy Bob Gator is such a good evaluator of talent to intuitively know just who a coach wants, Bill Bob Gator needs to be hired as the recruiting coordinator for that school.

Local car dealers, Law Firms , other “benefactors “ have ALWAYS donated heavily to the Alabama, TxAM, LSU, UF, Mich, ect (OSUs T Boone Pickens built a 300m+ stadium for OSU!).
    They do for:
    Business reasons
    Because they love the school
    But mostly to be considered “big shots” in their college towns.
    Used to be these folks were paying players under the table with rent, money, cars, etc.
    NOW it is legit AND they can do it for as many people on the team as they want to
    Bottom line, as others have said, legitimizing NIL is going
    to blow the roof off this whole thing!!

Can anyone in the know tell me if any UL Alumni or RCAF members have started a committee to turn NIL at UL into a recruiting advantage or a way to pay players and leverage this thing like Texas is doing? If not why are we not doing this!?!?!?

That was based upon the number of returning athletes at each position and the NCAA mandate that each program return to the 85 scholarship limit.
    So is everybody else experiencing the same issue as us?

It seems the last few years, our signing classes have been almost double what is available this year.

According to 247 our signee/transfer totals for the last three years are 29/4, 21/3, and 20/9.

Did we overextend which also contributed to the lack of available scholarships?

Also, I'm assuming if Torrence and Garner leave, those scholarships will be available? Or did we already pull them in anticipation of them not being around?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Can anyone in the know tell me if any UL Alumni or RCAF members have started a committee to turn NIL at UL into a recruiting advantage or a way to pay players and leverage this thing like Texas is doing? If not why are we not doing this!?!?!?
    Yep. Need to start yesterday.

12. Default Re: Transfer Portal

So, as it stands now are there any financial limits on NIL deals?

Billy doesn't have to be entirely aware of it, since it's all handled by compliance and the business entity. Now it's highly questionable to assume Billy Napier, or any head coach is not aware after the deal is done that one of his top athletes has a NIL agreement in place. If a coach like Lincoln Riley and his staff at USC, and Steve Sarkisian at Texas are openly selling NIL opportunities to athletes to come play in there programs, Billy Napier is not going to use it at the University of Florida?

Billy Napier and his staff are going to use the NIL as a recruiting tool, they have no choice if he is going to compete for the top athletes against Alabama, Georgia and Auburn. I highly doubt Billy Napier is unaware of any discussions with his former players mentioned in this thread. What is hard to prove is if these players has every intention on leaving and playing for him after he was hired at Florida, or they continued conversations by the use of third parties.
    I understand all of that.

So far UL appears to be losing 2 players to billy. Is that gonna be all? Who else might be considering a move? If it stands at just 2 then no big deal.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Offensive Line changes magnify everything. Good and bad.

It all begins with the Time Machines

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information