Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

1. Default Re: Players Entering the portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Express, Its America. Youre free to call it what you want. And you can call what you do, lying to yourself or wearing rose colored glasses. I dont have the ego to say I have "keen insight". Ive always thought it was just common sense. Sometimes peoole dont like it when you call it like you see it. Trust me, theres more to all of this than you may know. Its a f___ up situation. But tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself.
    Got-cha. You have been upset with whatever. You used to be more level headed. I may not understand how your crowing about things you foretold and having zero ability to influence the things you’re complaining about is helpful. It’s not as though being right about the Sun blowing tomorrow up is helpful to mankind. Some might use their last 24 hours to make last goodbyes. Most will just crawl into a fetal position.

Whatever is your suggestion to overcome NIL coupled with transfer portal again?

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Damn, y’all jumping off the deep end

IMO CE is right. If we can't do anything about NIL or the transfer portal we need to learn how to live with it.

I understand everyone's anger right now, I have it too. But, this is like free agency in the pros now. We've got to go get us some players in the portal or jc ranks to fill our needs.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Y’all claiming the guy who we have come to respect for four years is breaking NCAA rules based on rumor and two players putting themselves in the transfer portal. Even if they end up at UF, what proof is required to prove Napier broke rules to lure them there? The fact they end up there doesn’t prove anything.

Let’s look at the evidence. They may get NIL deals worth much more then they can get here. They will play in front of 60-110,000 fans every week. They will be at a school that has virtually unlimited resources. They will play on national television more. They have a chance to compete for a natty. The list goes on for what UF can offer that UL can’t.

This isn’t a no your place post. It’s reality. We are building something special here, but we aren’t UF or the top SEC programs.

Another poster said y’all would jump ship for $50k more. I bet most of you would be willing to jump for $5 or 10k more.

Hey, Dont blame me...

Signed, Casual Fan who showed up for only championship game

6. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Coaches can NEVER quit recruiting.

Now more than ever.

ps For those who missed my historical rants on this topic, I'm referring to athletes already under scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post

Apparently, we were sold a wolf ticket by a guy about establishing a “cULture.”
    Well, while I'll be disappointed if those two guys (especially Torrence) end up getting pilfered from our team by Napier, a culture was definitely established in the Ragin Cajun football program. Just compare the locker room and coaching fiascos (and NCAA sanctions, which yes, unfairly concentrated only on us) from the previous staff to what Napier brought and developed.

If the Dez era brings us close or similar success, then I'd say the #cULture was still definitely a real thing, not just a "wolf ticket we were sold".

8. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Gille is the only returner with a decent amount of experience.
    Actually Carlos Rubio should be back as well.

Default Re: Players Entering the portal

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Florida is offering a lot of money, we can’t compete with that
    I don't understand this. If this is NIL based like some of you are suggesting, the school doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. It's not like Florida can "offer" them a better financial situation.

If we expect to remain a top 10 G5 football program year in, year out then we can expect more of this poaching from the P5 every year. Its a racket, albeit a new one. We will need to similarly work the system to our advantage. Everyone is replaceable, just like in the business world. Some are easier (running backs) to replace than others (lineman).

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Definitely has to be NIL $$$ luring, linemen here have proven they can get drafted here.

Edit: Well, Rob Sale was here when Torrence was playing so that may not entirely be fair speculation.
    Again, can somebody explain this to me? NIL doesn't have to do with the university using your image or you getting more money for being on TV, it has to do with businesses or online advertisers using your name or image and paying you for it I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Will you think that way about Coach Napier if they don't end up at UF?
    No.

I was responding to someone who said it was naïve to think that this wouldn’t happen.

Reading Florida message boards, at the very least Torrance is on his way to Florida and Garner will probably end up there as well.

As a matter of fact, one poster went so far as to say he hopes more players from UL will go over there to teach the current players Napier’s system and how to behave themselves.

Somebody commented that it would be naïve to think that this wouldn’t happen.

And I think it is equally as naïve to think that if this indeed happens, Napier is either aware of it or he is ignorant of it. And both of these traits would be inconsistent with what we thought of him.

As T said, And I tend to defer to his contributions , this isn't about the UL football program, it’s about NIL.

Your turn.

If in fact they do transfer to Florida, along with any others, will it change YOUR opinion of CBN?

13. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Again, can somebody explain this to me? NIL doesn't have to do with the university using your image or you getting more money for being on TV, it has to do with businesses or online advertisers using your name or image and paying you for it I thought.
    Before NIL, you thought it was the University that was buying players? Hell no, it was boosters with the bagman . . . Now with NIL, there is no need for a bag man or to hide it. Just like Texas did with O linemen . . . That made news . . . But you can rest assured that at these big universities there are boosters set up to take care of every position and to lure players over . . . It’s no longer illegal and Florida is a big university . . . It’s not real hard . . .

Default Re: Players Entering the portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Got-cha. You have been upset with whatever. You used to be more level headed. I may not understand how your crowing about things you foretold and having zero ability to influence the things you’re complaining about is helpful. It’s not as though being right about the Sun blowing tomorrow up is helpful to mankind. Some might use their last 24 hours to make last goodbyes. Most will just crawl into a fetal position.

Whatever is your suggestion to overcome NIL coupled with transfer portal again?
    LoL! Youre completely missing the point.

I believe that, for all practical purposes, with NIL, scholarship limits will be a moot point. Example:

Billy Bob Gator, owner of Billy Bob's Used Car Dealership in Podunck, FL, approaches 5 star athlete Joe B. Cool, and tells him, "Joe B., I'd like you to use your pictures and endorsement for my advertising, and I will pay you $75,000 a year. But, as part of your contract, you must attend the University of ______. I will of course pay your tuition and school expenses in addition to the $75,000, and, of course, you'll have plenty of time off to take care of your football activities.

University of ______ has a 5 star recruit and has not used a scholly.

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information