Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Players Entering the portal

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Correct. Now we can pull for him to fail miserably. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
    no argument here...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I can’t imagine they were not happy. They are stars. It was to be because they were lured away. Which if NIL is the case, I just makes me lose a little more faith in the direction college athletics is going.
    This is about the NIL, they are going to get paid. It's nothing to do about this program and our current coaching staff.

Default Re: Transfer Portal

I feel betrayed…. This is a huge downer…. I guess they don’t buy into the culture…. We know where they are going… don’t let the door hit you where the good lord split you…. I truly feel we will see many more dominos fall…..Next year will be a rough year….if we some how win 9 games next year that would be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Both O’Cyrus Torrence and Mekhi Garner are in the transfer portal. Definitely wasn’t expecting Torrence to be in it.
    And on one of the UF boards, the posters are aware. To be continued.

If it’s naïve to think this WASN’T going to happen, it is equally naïve to think that Billy didn’t know about it.

Which means he is unethical and very probably violating rules.

And if he didn’t know about it, that means A lack of institutional control and he doesn’t have the control that he demanded here and allegedly wanted there.

Apparently, we were sold a wolf ticket by a guy about establishing a “cULture.”

I am beyond wanting him to fail miserably

Never thought I would’ve said this, but I will actually be a Tiger fan when LSU and Florida play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    If it’s naïve to think this WASN’T going to happen, it is equally naïve to think that Billy didn’t know about it.

And if he didn’t know about it, that means A lack of institutional control and he doesn’t have the control that he demanded here and allegedly wanted there.

Never thought I would’ve said this, but I will actually be a Tiger fan when LSU and Florida play.
    I truly hope Florida State stomps UF's ass good.

7. Default Re: Transfer Portal

The bonds that were created by those that recruited these players are not broken when the coach leaves.

Sometimes the players follow the coaches to their next destination.

Will you think that way about Coach Napier if they don't end up at UF?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I tried to tell people this. Know what they told me? Shut up and stop being negative. Healthy concern and logic has no place here.
    Trying to understand the connection. Do you think a different staff would be able to stop athletes from chasing NIL dollars? Which one of your concerns with the new staff is related to how much money Florida or other big name programs can throw at players?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Trying to understand the connection. Do you think a different staff would be able to stop athletes from chasing NIL dollars? Which one of your concerns with the new staff is related to how much money Florida or other big name programs can throw at players?
    And, how do we know that Napier approached the players, either directly or indirectly. It is just as possible that the players realize they can immediately make good money, play for a major P5 program, and under a coach that they know and respect.

And, that's even if they sign with Florida. We don't know anything at this moment, except that college football is changing and will never be as it once was.

I would just like to say you guys have a right to be saddened by this. But I would advise not to get too mad at anyone involved. That's a lot of temptation being placed on the table for everyone. Billy couldn't help himself given his new found advantages of NIL money and his need to upgrade that roster fast. Time is not something he is afforded at Flordia and players couldn't resist getting paid. It's the new world of college football. It's going to happen to us more moving forward as well as other teams. We are just in the first wave of the new world order and we have sticker shock.

I think some of you have a much higher level of how integrity within the big business of college football should be than what reality is like. I'm deeply sadden about our University losing great representations, that's players, staff, and coaches. But I'm not mad at anyone. 99% of yall would do the same in any of their situations. We will keep moving forward. Let's not sound like rotten/scorned people about a speeding train we have no control over. GEAUX CAJUNS

A couple of weeks ago, I think it was Lorenzo McCaskill who tweeted something really cryptic about the team.

We all questioned what it was about.

I think we might have our answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I would just like to say you guys have a right to be saddened by this. But I would advise not to get too mad at anyone involved. That's a lot of temptation being placed on the table for everyone. Billy couldn't help himself given his new found advantages of NIL money and his need to upgrade that roster fast. Time is not something he is afforded at Flordia and players couldn't resist getting paid. It's the new world of college football. It's going to happen to us more moving forward as well as other teams. We are just in the first wave of the new world order and we have sticker shock.

I think some of you have a much higher level of how integrity within the big business of college football should be than what reality is like. I'm deeply sadden about our University losing great representations, that's players, staff, and coaches. But I'm not mad at anyone. 99% of yall would do the same in any of their situations. We will keep moving forward. Let's not sound like rotten/scorned people about a speeding train we have no control over. GEAUX CAJUNS
    Thanks for the calming retort.

All of you who would not take a +$50,000 raise to go work for another company because of loyalty to your current employer, raise your hands.....

All of you who, as CEO of a company, would not recruit talented employees from another company because it would be unethical, raise your hands....

These types of emotions never make sense to me. So you rather be with someone who openly hates and wants to keep you under their foot than someone who loved you for many years but made a decision to help themselves At your expense once. I see this all the time in life and it's weird to me.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information