Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Today on Sirius college sports the hosts were absolutely in a wet dream. Free agency for the young men, colleges with teams sponsored for their benefit. Forget all that education crap, these are minor league teams.

I’m going to tell everyone I can that’s not my cup of tea. I’m never going to be for the Baton Rouge Tigers, the Lafayette Cajuns. I know Lafayette became enamored with the Ice Gators, a minor league team so low on the rung of minor league teams I can’t name it.

I think once this becomes a minor league deal it’s going to wither away opportunities for tens of thousands of young men
    I agree. Why watch a watered down product when the there is a clearly superior product (NFL). Now I will say that places that are underserved by NFL football could still be hotbeds for college football and get great local support, but I think casual fans will just turn to the NFL to get their football fix. They will still tune into the playoffs and NYD bowl games, but the regular season will be ignored just like college basketball is today.

2. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It was just announced that a record 3000+ players have entered the transfer portal.
    Every one of the 3,000 Portalites fancy themselves a starter.

Not counting kickers that is enough to field 136 teams of 22 players each.

How many FBS teams are there?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Devin Bush from Edna Karr in NOLA and Nick Turner from Brother Martin transfering out of Arkansas

Also saw where TD Roof from App State, LB is transfering out as well.
    I'm curious if TD ends up a Oklahoma to play for dad. That was the reason TD signed with Georgia Tech out of HS and eventually transferred to App to 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Every one of the 3,000 Portalites fancy themselves a starter.

Not counting kickers that is enough to field 136 teams of 22 players each.

130 FBS programs.

It was pointed out earlier the portal covers all divisions. The vast majority of the lower division players aren’t in the portal to stay at that level. You can bank that.

5. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    130 FBS programs.

It was pointed out earlier the portal covers all divisions. The vast majority of the lower division players aren’t in the portal to stay at that level. You can bank that.

130 FBS teams.

128 FCS teams.

7. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    130 FBS teams.

128 FCS teams.
    Thanks

Do you think the players from the FCS 128 aspire to a lateral or vertical move?

Interesting note I saw earlier on Twitter. It’s an NCAA violation to offer an NIL deal with the stipulation that a kid sign with a particular school. There’s a law firm advertising they will do this in the open at Virginia. This is obviously going on at every P5 school right now. Will the NCAA do anything about it is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks

Do you think the players from the FCS 128 aspire to a lateral or vertical move?
    Now that’s funny. The vast majority want to get paid would be a safe assumption.

10. Default Re: Transfer Portal

There’s all kinds of people. Some simply prefer a better situation. Maybe even in the same conference. Maybe more PT. Maybe a small NIL deal versus none at all. Not everyone in the portal believe they’re going to hit the lottery. Yeah that’s what’s driving some, a dream of great paydays. Most likely understand their circumstances.

Looks like 3 OL hit the portal today. Ole Miss, Ark and Boise, all 3stars coming out of HS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Looks like 3 OL hit the portal today. Ole Miss, Ark and Boise, all 3stars coming out of HS.
    Yes, but what you need to look at is how much did they play. Were they in the rotation, and how many games have they participated in since they have signed? A number of these athletes have washed out, regardless of the ratings coming out of HS. Usually a coaching staff will only take a young player under those circumstances if they recruited him and know his background. Many of these athletes right now won't help this program.

13. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but what you need to look at is how much did they play. Were they in the rotation, and how many games have they participated in since they have signed? A number of these athletes have washed out, regardless of the ratings coming out of HS. Usually a coaching staff will only take a young player under those circumstances if they recruited him and no his background. Many of these athletes right now won't help this program.
    …How does this work out academically? When do they get to the new school and when do they have to declare to a date?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …How does this work out academically? When do they get to the new school and when do they have to declare to a date?
    Don't think academics is at the forefront of their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Interesting note I saw earlier on Twitter. It’s an NCAA violation to offer an NIL deal with the stipulation that a kid sign with a particular school. There’s a law firm advertising they will do this in the open at Virginia. This is obviously going on at every P5 school right now. Will the NCAA do anything about it is the question.
    There’s a ton of grey area and I believe the laws vary state to state. That might be why Virginia is super open about it.

You can’t pay to play or use NIL deals to recruit players to your school. But that basically what happens. At least it sounds like it.

The interesting thing is the fair market stuff. Still sounds subjective, but a booster can’t pay a player 100,000 for an appearance at a nightclub or 30 second commercial. But you can get 10,000 per appearance or commercial and do that in the span of a few days. Who decides on “fair market?”

Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information