Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If you exclude an institution of origin.

Also lawsuits that have no merit can be worth decades of headache.

A person could get fired after a 2, 1, 3 win season and bring a frivolous lawsuit that lasts 20 years.
    Yes, but that's a entirely different discussion from saying Billy Napier had to interview an applicant. That's simply not true.

2. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but that's a entirely different discussion from saying Billy Napier had to interview an applicant. That's simply not true.
    I'm saying he could not commit to not interviewing a Louisiana candidate.

Nice spin, but the word commit dies not apply here. He already had committed coaches that he had chosen for his next move and they didn't have to interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It was just announced that a record 3000+ players have entered the transfer portal. I don't know if that number is accurate, but if so and you figure 130 FBS teams have 85 scholarship players that is a total of 11,000 plus players. That would mean that almost a 1/3 of all players are in the transfer portal. Now granted that number may include FCS players as well. But still, if the number being recorded is accurate that is absolutely insane and the ruination of College football.
    It’s MBB 2.0. They had more players in the portal last year than all the D-1 starting positions.

When a coach moves, there are always player(s) that follow. That’s been proven over and over.

HOWEVER the gutting of staff and associates to the degree that has happened is a bit much. That’s what I see as the issue. Not even the custodians are safe.

That said, I’m not foolish enough to think the discussions involving those departures were all Napier initiated. People want to follow the proven winner.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    It was just announced that a record 3000+ players have entered the transfer portal. I don't know if that number is accurate, but if so and you figure 130 FBS teams have 85 scholarship players that is a total of 11,000 plus players. That would mean that almost a 1/3 of all players are in the transfer portal. Now granted that number may include FCS players as well. But still, if the number being recorded is accurate that is absolutely insane and the ruination of College football.
    The 3,000+ players are not just FBS teams.

"The last two months have seen more than 3,000 NCAA DI, D2 and D3 football players enter the portal, the highest number of entrants in the history of the operation."

SOURCE: https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/0.tal-new-normal

6. Default Re: Transfer Portal

…I’ll go back some … when we won with Coach Faulk, he had a shot at Vandy and had some staff getting lined up —— Augie T had some interest from P-5s and sure he was getting some names ready — I was asked to switch HS jobs because of a future college gig which happened … lots of variables go into the whole package and some even happen because others turned it down. .let’s move on and get some great young and move veterans here… we are getting them already!

There is no way Maggard and Napier came to some sort of agreement that if Napier's crew applied, and he would refuse.

What we have here, is human bonds +$ = crew following their boss.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    First, nobody said that, so you are creating a straw man (again).

I'm trying to understand what your theory is. It seems to be you think that Billy did nothing wrong, and out of the blue Mike (and Maggard through his support of the tweet) just up and decided to get ____ed for no reason. But with you it's really hard to tell.

It seems pretty clear that there was some agreement between the MEN and one of them broke it. It ain't the first time and won't be the last time someone presents themselves as having a greater level of integrity than they do.but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out. For all you "business is business" types, I've been in business for myself for 10 years, and yes some people treat others that way. I don't do business with those people either. There is legal, and there is right and some people grasp on the the former when they don't have the integrity for the latter.
    BOOM!

9. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Source?
    Um no.

https://hbr.org/2012/11/are-you-getting-personal-as-a

this year proves that the NCAA ____ed up with the new transfer portal rules. Go back to making the player sit out a year and it will solve all of this bs. NCAA need to go back to student atheletes and not atheletes that just happen to be students

Napier: “I’m sorry Coach Toney (or any one)I can’t hire you, I have a gentlemen’s agreement not to to hire any Louisiana staff”.

Think anyone would stay at UL after being told that?

Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    this year proves that the NCAA ____ed up with the new transfer portal rules. Go back to making the player sit out a year and it will solve all of this bs. NCAA need to go back to student atheletes and not atheletes that just happen to be students
    Too late pandoras box has been opened

Devin Bush from Edna Karr in NOLA and Nick Turner from Brother Martin transfering out of Arkansas

Also saw where TD Roof from App State, LB is transfering out as well.

Or if you do transfer, you can't partake and receive in any NIL deals for a year from when you transfer.

15. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Today on Sirius college sports the hosts were absolutely in a wet dream. Free agency for the young men, colleges with teams sponsored for their benefit. Forget all that education crap, these are minor league teams.

I’m going to tell everyone I can that’s not my cup of tea. I’m never going to be for the Baton Rouge Tigers, the Lafayette Cajuns. I know Lafayette became enamored with the Ice Gators, a minor league team so low on the rung of minor league teams I can’t name it.

I think once this becomes a minor league deal it’s going to wither away opportunities for tens of thousands of young men

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information