Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Portal

Default Re: Transfer Portal

2. Default Re: Transfer Portal

Lol. So much for that Oline depth..

Jesus. They can't take everyone. I know the SEC loves to over sign, but there is a limit.

How many confirmed transfers are going to Florida?

Man…this is starting to unravel before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Rico is entering the transfer portal. He stated position on the depth chart as the reason for entering the portal.
    Not the highly touted kid from Fansville? Him too? Dang

Will this ____ ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Will this ____ ever end?
    I’d guess within a couple weeks.

Didn't even realize waites was in the transfer portal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Look, Billy Napier didn't hand pick his successor. He was consulted with, along with others and Dr. Maggard made this hire....good, bad or indifferent. I understand the disappointment of losing two outstanding athletes, but these won't be the last ones this year to enter the Transfer Portal. And most of them will be leaving to play at a higher level, not because of our current coaching staff. It is the nature of the beast, and I don't like it but Pandora's box has been opened. This doesn't mean our staff can't grab a few athletes in the Transfer Portal like Jefferson from North Alabama that was the Co-MVP in the bowl in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson when it comes to coaches and athletes after the Hudspeth tenure. We should treat each with respect as long as they are here, but they are not your friends or family. And while I will always appreciate the job Billy Napier has done here at UL and raising this program to a level never seen before, he is not the 13th apostle some have made him on this board. Billy Napier is about Billy Napier, he is employed elsewhere and is no longer our coach. He's going to do what he can within his control to be successful at Florida. At this point, there has been nothing we can point to that provides absolute proof he, or a member of his staff did anything wrong. We are not used to seeing this because we have been at the bottom of the barrel so long, it's relatively new to UL fans.

Going forward, I will give Coach Desormeaux and his staff the opportunity to show what they can do together, understanding that there will be somewhat of a learning curve the first year or two. But that is why he has smartly surrounded himself with a tremendous amount of coaching knowledge and experience in Leger, Munoz and Viator. I hope the rest of you will give him and his staff the same, even if you have some reservations.
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Look, Billy Napier didn't hand pick his successor. He was consulted with, along with others and Dr. Maggard made this hire....good, bad or indifferent. I understand the disappointment of losing two outstanding athletes, but these won't be the last ones this year to enter the Transfer Portal. And most of them will be leaving to play at a higher level, not because of our current coaching staff. It is the nature of the beast, and I don't like it but Pandora's box has been opened. This doesn't mean our staff can't grab a few athletes in the Transfer Portal like Jefferson from North Alabama that was the Co-MVP in the bowl in my opinion.

I've learned my lesson when it comes to coaches and athletes after the Hudspeth tenure. We should treat each with respect as long as they are here, but they are not your friends or family. And while I will always appreciate the job Billy Napier has done here at UL and raising this program to a level never seen before, he is not the 13th apostle some have made him on this board. Billy Napier is about Billy Napier, he is employed elsewhere and is no longer our coach. He's going to do what he can within his control to be successful at Florida. At this point, there has been nothing we can point to that provides absolute proof he, or a member of his staff did anything wrong. We are not used to seeing this because we have been at the bottom of the barrel so long, it's relatively new to UL fans.

Going forward, I will give Coach Desormeaux and his staff the opportunity to show what they can do together, understanding that there will be somewhat of a learning curve the first year or two. But that is why he has smartly surrounded himself with a tremendous amount of coaching knowledge and experience in Leger, Munoz and Viator. I hope the rest of you will give him and his staff the same, even if you have some reservations.
    Well said

Time to ride or die with Des

When was he in the portal? Geezus. He was RT....

Lol.

For those unaware, Kam committed to the Cajuns in the middle of 2021.

Time for Cajuns Twitter to start buzzing with good news/hires to counter Napier's pillaging. Guess it's a little more difficult when he probably took our social media/content managers to Gainesville too.

This is to be expected in year one of a coaching change. Next years recruits and commits will be committed to the current staff. This year many were obviously committed to CBN. I am amazed at how many SEC caliber players and staff Napier appears to think he had here.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    Assuming he was in the portal?

This worries me.

The leader of the offensive spoke of a "brotherhood" when he described his partners at this position.

Hopefully, enough of his brothers stick around to help out with the rest of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by STLMOCAJUN View Post
    I was holding back mentioning him. I specially asked Billy about KW in August and he gushed on him. WTF.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information