Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Support Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Heard from a good friend that our ex coach may be luring some of our players to transfer thru NIL offers. Also, that we have reached out to several businesses (some law firms) to make counter NIL offers.

Anyone else hearing this?

Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Heard from a good friend that our ex coach may be luring some of our players to transfer thru NIL offers. Also, that we have reached out to several businesses (some law firms) to make counter NIL offers.

Haven't heared that, but we do have at least 3 lawyers on this board who may be able to answer that.

I wouldn't be surprised Rick, the NIL makes the Transfer Portal nothing more than NCAA free agency. Athletes are transferring out Simply to the highest bidders in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised Rick, the NIL makes the Transfer Portal nothing more than NCAA free agency. Athletes are transferring out Simply to the highest bidders in some cases.
    I understand this can and will happen with the level of athletes we currently have in our program. But the difference for me would be if Billy is going after our players. Losing them to NIL offers from other teams wouldn't hurt as much as having your ex coach take from the program that gave him the opportunity to be a multi-millionaire SEC head coach. That would change my opinion of him forever. That's not wanting to see UL have continued success building on the foundation he created.

I understand this can and will happen with the level of athletes we currently have in our program. But the difference for me would be if Billy is going after our players. Losing them to NIL offers from other teams wouldn't hurt as much as having your ex coach take from the program that gave him the opportunity to be a multi-millionaire SEC head coach. That would change my opinion of him forever. That's not wanting to see UL have continued success building on the foundation he created.
    Well that would put Napier in a different light wouldn't it? At least in my book it would, and while it is legal to recruit players in the transfer portal, contacting athletes currently on scholarship through parents or through a second party is unethical. I hope this is not the case, it would be hard to prove unless our staff has direct knowledge of it. If so, it should be reported to the NCAA.

You can bet your bottom dollar we have future Gators here. Napier raided coaches from here, they’ll hunt here first for recruits. Easiest path.

I’m not in the loop, but it’s logical.

It’s why I’m not enamored with Des getting too many coaches that all fish in the same pond. Napier made a name in Louisiana and he’s now in the pond too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You can bet your bottom dollar we have future Gators here. Napier raided coaches from here, they’ll hunt here first for recruits. Easiest path.
    Please don't take Emani, please don't take Emani, please don't take Emani.

Heard the same but I think we have the same source.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post

I’m not in the loop, but it’s logical.

It’s why I’m not enamored with Des getting too many coaches that all fish in the same pond. Napier made a name in Louisiana and he’s now in the pond too.
    Coaches are one thing, especially when Napier hired most of them while at UL. If true, contacting athletes currently on scholarship and not in the Transfer Portal is illegal and unethical. It doesn't matter if it was expected. Again, it would be hard to prove unless a coach has direct knowledge of it.

10. Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

But proving it doesn’t have to be beyond reasonable doubt in civil cases. But rumors and hearsay isn’t getting to.5001

Torrence
    M. Gardner
    Bailey
    Johnson
    Smith
    Hill? (Is he too small)
    These are sec level players. But RB’s are not a hot commodity. Torrence could start for just about anybody.
    I’m sure there are others but these were the most obvious to me.

If true. I'm done with Billy, and dont see how i can root for him anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Well that would put Napier in a different light wouldn't it? At least in my book it would, and while it is legal to recruit players in the transfer portal, contacting athletes currently on scholarship through parents or through a second party is unethical. I hope this is not the case, it would be hard to prove unless our staff has direct knowledge of it. If so, it should be reported to the NCAA.
    If true, my respect of Napier and the staff that went with him would be a 180 for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    If true, my respect of Napier and the staff that went with him would be a 180 for sure.
    Yup, stealing our coaches, sucks but I understand. Stealing one of our recruits, sucks but again I understand. Trying to actively steal players away when not in the transfer portal, this is a scum move

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Yup, stealing our coaches, sucks but I understand. Stealing one of our recruits, sucks but again I understand. Trying to actively steal players away when not in the transfer portal, this is a scum move
    Any proof or just speculation?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information