Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Nick Ralston was a Grad Student, 5th year senior. And there was no NIL in place at the time. So no, it's not the same thing.
    I stand corrected, he wasn’t a starter. But poaching by any other name, NIL or not, is still poaching.

Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    I stand corrected, he wasn’t a starter. But poaching by any other name, NIL or not, is still poaching.
    Once they enter the portal no, it's perfectly legal and it's nothing you can do if an athlete wants to leave. If a former coach, or staff member is contacting a player while on scholarship and not in the transfer portal as if yet, it's not only unethical, it's illegal. But it certainly would be hard to prove unless our staff has direct knowledge of the communication.

Default Re: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

I would not be surprised if a player or two followed Billy to Fla., but make no mistake about it, if Billy fills his roster with 3 star players, he will never win a NC at Florida. He should be (and probably is) concentrating on getting the 4 and 5 star players to Florida. I think there is way more concern about this than is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I would not be surprised if a player or two followed Billy to Fla., but make no mistake about it, if Billy fills his roster with 3 star players, he will never win a NC at Florida. He should be (and probably is) concentrating on getting the 4 and 5 star players to Florida. I think there is way more concern about this than is warranted.
    Exactly.

5. Default Re: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Agree

I doubt any of our players will go there.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Heard from a good friend that our ex coach may be luring some of our players to transfer thru NIL offers. Also, that we have reached out to several businesses (some law firms) to make counter NIL offers.

Anyone else hearing this?
    So what if he is ? It's a business. Any coach in the country can recruit / offer any player in the country. Trust me, the talent pool in Florida will get opportunities from Florida schools as opposed to some 3 star players that we get over here to have those same opportunities. Relax, we'll be fine. Napier has much bigger fish to fry than "luring" 3 star players from Louisiana to Florida. Just keep winning and things will fall in place.

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    So what if he is ? It's a business. Any coach in the country can recruit / offer any player in the country. Trust me, the talent pool in Florida will get opportunities from Florida schools as opposed to some 3 star players that we get over here to have those same opportunities. Relax, we'll be fine. Napier has much bigger fish to fry than "luring" 3 star players from Louisiana to Florida. Just keep winning and things will fall in place.
    It would be illegal if they aren't in the portal.

THIS ^^^^^^^

10. Default Re: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Stars are great when recruiting. But once they start playing production rules. We’ve got some players drafted playing in NFL who were two and three star players out of high school.

I’m not saying Billy is or isn’t interested in a few players he signed here. I doubt he’d encourage anyone to get into the portal. Once there they’re fair game to Florida as anyone else. Absolutely might be a few players from here that he’d rather than a freshman, or bad apple already at Florida. He certainly took one prospect we were recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Stars are great when recruiting. But once they start playing production rules. We’ve got some players drafted playing in NFL who were two and three star players out of high school.

I’m not saying Billy is or isn’t interested in a few players he signed here. I doubt he’d encourage anyone to get into the portal. Once there they’re fair game to Florida as anyone else. Absolutely might be a few players from here that he’d rather than a freshman, or bad apple already at Florida. He certainly took one prospect we were recruiting.
    Perhaps, but there are also a lot of P5 players in the portal also. Some may have a lot of measurables and for whatever reason, did not fit into where they are at. We are not the only school in the country who might want to play at Florida. I also don't think Napier would risk his career to make illegal contacts to players here or elsewhere.

Well looks like rumors were true

Garner was always linked to a move with Napier when he was announced as the new HC at Florida. People were saying that from day 1

14. Default Re: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I doubt any of our players will go there.
    This did not age well . . .

Oof! Some of these posts didnt age well. LoL

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information