Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rumor Mill... is NIL luring players to Gainesville?

Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Nick Ralston who is currently playing with the Cowboys.
    Right. So this sort of thing shouldn’t be a surprise then.

2. Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Right. So this sort of thing shouldn’t be a surprise then.
    NIL just changes the equation.

3. Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    NIL just changes the equation.
    It will be interesting to see whether is does or not . . . G5’s may have more NIL than they had bag men . . . P5 had all the money they needed with bag men . . .

Didn’t Napier lure at least one starter from ASU to come here? A tight end, if I’m not mistaken.
    Ralston was not a starter for Arizona State

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Correct he couldn't nail down a starting job on offense and was then switched to linebacker. After not being able to nail down a starting job at linebacker he was switched back to offense.

Didn’t Napier lure at least one starter from ASU to come here? A tight end, if I’m not mistaken.
    Nick Ralston was a Grad Student, 5th year senior. And there was no NIL in place at the time. So no, it's not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    And he was a Grad Student and 5th year senior, which has been allowed for years. There was no NIL in place either. If true, this would be entirely different circumstances and questionable at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Heard from a good friend that our ex coach may be luring some of our players to transfer thru NIL offers. Also, that we have reached out to several businesses (some law firms) to make counter NIL offers.

Anyone else hearing this?
    This would go against everything Napier ever said, did and represents. Unless he totally fooled all of us and Dr Maggard all this time, I just don't see this as being true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    This would go against everything Napier ever said, did and represents. Unless he totally fooled all of us and Dr Maggard all this time, I just don't see this as being true.
    Dude, I agree and hope we are right. I posted a rumor because I wanted to find out if someone had any info on this subject. So far, it doesn't look like it. ��

Won’t happen until Florida legislature changes their law. Some states like Louisiana are pretty wide open while there’s limitations in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Dude, I agree and hope we are right. I posted a rumor because I wanted to find out if someone had any info on this subject. So far, it doesn't look like it. ��
    I understand, wasn't calling you out, just stating my opinion.

This sounds like someone that is not happy with Napier hiring of all the coaches and support personnel, and is stirring the pot.

Don't get me wrong, if there are one or two key players that end of transferring to UF, that isn't proof, but will be extremely suspect and changes everything.

12. Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    I understand, wasn't calling you out, just stating my opinion.

This sounds like someone that is not happy with Napier hiring of all the coaches and support personnel, and is stirring the pot.

Don't get me wrong, if there are one or two key players that end of transferring to UF, that isn't proof, but will be extremely suspect and changes everything.
    …..I think one day at QB Club the topic came up and Nap spoke on it saying it would totally change college sports…..he briefly touched on the ramifications!!! …… Cajun Mike might remember it at the close of his question segment!

13. Default Re: Rumor Mill...NIL luring players to Gainesville

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..I think one day at QB Club the topic came up and Nap spoke on it saying it would totally change college sports…..he briefly touched on the ramifications!!! …… Cajun Mike might remember it at the close of his question segment!
    ……So one day there was an article or some info that our OL would get together and cook at a player’s pad one night during the week….so we get Tabasco or La Hot Sauce to sponsor an add of them fixing a huge gumbo…..it’s served and the cook asks what is missing? The group starts chanting “TABASCO TABASCO’…….the host starts handing out bottles to all the players and they splash on the sauce……they start chanting…..”TABASCO TABASCO”…… chosen player holds up bottle and says Ragin’ Cajuns are hot, we have…..all now Chang “TABASCO TABASCO’!!! Product starts flying off the shelves as UL becomes top g5 in the country!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……So one day there was an article or some info that our OL would get together and cook at a player’s pad one night during the week….so we get Tabasco or La Hot Sauce to sponsor an add of them fixing a huge gumbo…..it’s served and the cook asks what is missing? The group starts chanting “TABASCO TABASCO’…….the host starts handing out bottles to all the players and they splash on the sauce……they start chanting…..”TABASCO TABASCO”…… chosen player holds up bottle and says Ragin’ Cajuns are hot, we have…..all now Chang “TABASCO TABASCO’!!! Product starts flying off the shelves as UL becomes top g5 in the country!
    Do what?

UL should take a page out of Texas playbook and start working NIL deals for position groups. The d line and o line would be where I would start. NIL has opened the door for pay to play and we should take advantage of it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information