Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 71, App State 55

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at App State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Their coach was a student of the Bob Marlin You Tube course,“It’s All About three Days In March”!

Never worried about App. They should have noticed that the Big Fish was sipping egg nog in Lafayette. This guy Morris ain’t getting three days in March.
    If I were a betting man, I’d put my money on Scott Cross and Troy.

UL Basketball Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at App State

Great way to start off CONF PLAY!!! #GeauxCajuns

Just read in Foote's article about the game that Antwaan Jones is no longer with the team. Does anyone know anything about that? Did he transfer from Creighton just to leave the team?

4. Default ESPN 1420 UL Basketball Dominates Against App State

The Ragin Cajuns faced off against Appalachian State late Thursday afternioon. Despite being affected by covid, losing players, and their head coach, the UL Ragin Cajun Basketball team perceived and defeated Appalachian State. UL won handily 71-55.

Homes SO Clean

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    Just read in Foote's article about the game that Antwaan Jones is no longer with the team. Does anyone know anything about that? Did he transfer from Creighton just to leave the team?
    I figured this as I mentioned earlier he wasn’t dressed out and was also not listed as a Covid scratch. Whatever happened it must have been pretty recent as he was practicing with the team 2 days ago per a social media post.

Overall not surprising though if you look at his history. He committed and decomitted to Oklahoma St Signed with Texas A&M only to get out of his letter of intent to go to Memphis. Played one year before transferring to Creighton, where he sat a year then played a year before transferring here.

6. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at App State

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I figured this as I mentioned earlier he wasn’t dressed out and was also not listed as a Covid scratch. Whatever happened it must have been pretty recent as he was practicing with the team 2 days ago per a social media post.

Overall not surprising though if you look at his history. He committed and decomitted to Oklahoma St Signed with Texas A&M only to get out of his letter of intent to go to Memphis. Played one year before transferring to Creighton, where he sat a year then played a year before transferring here.
    Did we just disregard his history before pursuing this young man?

Annual migration to the portal. For every Wilson and Russell, we also have guys over their heads at D-1, be it athletically or academically. Every program has guys that don’t measure up, regardless of level but are taken on paper potential and need of bodies.

https://www.nmjcthunderbirds.com/spo.tts_devin_1280

https://cowleytigers.com/sports/mbkb.spenkuch_chris

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Did we just disregard his history before pursuing this young man?
    I’m sure they did. Still think you take a chance on a kid like that at the mid major level. You don’t think Jessie Evans wouldn’t have welcomed a former top 100 recruit that had been associated with programs like those listed above with open arms?

9. Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 71, App State 55

Maybe it’s a grades thing. Might not be a good student for many reasons not his fault.

Default Re: MBB Final: Louisiana 71, App State 55

I'm just happy to see Harper get the minutes. He has so much potential athletically and I love the arc he puts on the ball for the three pointers. Also, was impressed with Caldwell. Hope to see more of what these two brought to the game last night. Wesley was solid handling the ball and should stay in the starting lineup. Williams cannot play PG, period. Not sure he should be starting in place of Harper.

Maybe Williams should not be playing as much as Harper now. However Ty was dealing with TWO hamstring injuries in preseason while Cadwell was slow to recover from his knee surgery. Will be interested to see how minutes distributed once guys come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Maybe Williams should not be playing as much as Harper now. However Ty was dealing with TWO hamstring injuries in preseason while Cadwell was slow to recover from his knee surgery. Will be interested to see how minutes distributed once guys come back.
    Didn't know that about Harper. Was there any print news on that subject? Or was it discussed on one of the radio shows? Seems it would have been mentioned on RP before now. I was worried he was in the dog house or fell out of favor with Bob.

UL Basketball Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana at App State

Quote Originally Posted by The Cajun tuba View Post
    Academically Ineligible i think maybe the issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    Academically Ineligible i think maybe the issue!!
    Great win last night, coach. Hell of a comeback. I thought #5 for Ellender was going to score 50 points by the way the game started

So the team just plays better without Marlin? Problem solved. Get rid of Marlin.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information