Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

1. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    How many teams on our schedule will lose the normal Allotment of seniors (5 of which are playing in college
    All star games) plus have 6 returning players portal out to P5 schools?
    Most schools who have major success are top heavy.

However every school is dealing with the departure of Super Seniors.

Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Before the portal losses, I would have expected a reload versus rebuild year. Now, it's just too uncertain to just state right now that 7 or 8 wins wouldn't be a good year. Especially since we don't know if the portal losses are over.

I like the idea of keeping 10 wins as our seasonal expectation, but I'm also realistic. We did not lose an insignificant number of key players. Maybe the guys behind them slide right in and we don't miss a beat, but to think that will be automatically the case is naïve.

Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

15 starters were recruited by hud and staff, if Billy and staff are who we think they are or claim to be we should have loads of talent. Given our success, the younger guys SHOULD be more talented if Billy is the recruiter he is supposed to be.

4. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post

How many winning seasons have we had in 100+ years of football?
    Louisiana football has had 64 winning seasons in its history.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana football has had 64 winning seasons in its history.
    In the last 50 years it has happened 20 times. Less than half the time. In that same time we have won 7 or more 13 times. 8 or more 9 times. So Anything 7 or more is rarified air for us.

I recognize the paradigm has shifted for us in the last few years. But to say 7 is automatically unacceptable is just ignoring history and the reality of the turnover this year.

I do think we have a huge potential upside, I wouldn't be shocked by double digit wins, but our downside this year is lower than the last couple.

6. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Fans pulling out a 2022 crying towel two weeks after a 13 win season is unacceptable.

I would never give back a winning season but predicting a 5 game drop to a winning season of 7-6 is unacceptable at this moment in time.

jmo

The goal is 14-0, including Western Division Champs, Conference Champs and winning a bowl game. I won't be shocked if we're on the doorstep of getting this done in mid November...and I won't be shocked if we're a one or two loss team at that point either.

Fans pulling out a 2022 crying towel two weeks after a 13 win season is unacceptable.

I would never give back a winning season but predicting a 5 game drop to a winning season of 7-6 is unacceptable at this moment in time.

jmo
    A 5 game drop would be 8 wins.

9. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

A 5 game drop would be 8 wins.
    Good catch.

I would never give back a winning season but predicting a 6 game drop to a winning season of 7-6 is unacceptable at this moment in time

Good catch.

I would never give back a winning season but predicting a 6 game drop to a winning season of 7-6 is unacceptable at this moment in time
    The prediction is unacceptable? Are you the prediction police? Who is predicting that anyway? I said a winning season would be good, I didn't predict it.

8-10 wins every season is a reasonable expectation of success. There will be outliers on that curve. How many would be happy with a decade of 8-10 win seasons? I’d be damn happy.

12. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

The prediction is unacceptable? Are you the prediction police? Who is predicting that anyway? I said a winning season would be good, I didn't predict it.
    My only interaction with you was a question.

I never said anything about "the prediction" you didn't make any that's why I asked.

My only interaction with you was a question.

I never said anything about "the prediction" you didn't make any that's why I asked.
    So, who was making this 7-6 prediction you decided was unacceptable? Or are you just working on strawmen again?

14. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

So, who was making this 7-6 prediction you decided was unacceptable? Or are you just working on strawmen again?
    Several have said a winning season is enough.

To just accomplish a "winning season" here is the scenario.

That's 6-6 and a bowl win.

That's 7-5 with a bowl loss.

Neither is winning the west.

Several have said a winning season is enough.

To just accomplish a "winning season" here is the scenario.

That's 6-6 and a bowl win.

That's 7-5 with a bowl loss.

Neither is winning the west.
    Again, were those predictions? You know, the unacceptable kind of predictions.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information