Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Remember that we didn't know how good our players would be until they got their opportunity to play. Hopefully, those on the roster that have not gotten much, or any, playing time will show just why they were recruited when they get their opportunity.
    This!

2. UL Football Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns will be hard-pressed to top the 2021 season.

The No. 17 Ragin’ Cajuns (13-1) set the school-record wins, 13 straight following a season-opening loss at Texas.

They beat Appalachian State in the Sun Belt Conference championship, claiming their first outright Sun Belt title and adding it to the co-championship they shared with Coastal Carolina in 2020.

Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Hardest games on our schedule next year are Florida State, Coastal. We avoid App unless we play them in the Conference championship. I don't think we play Georgia State again next year because we played both the Georgia schools. If we play USM it should be victory.
    I just don't see how we can't get to double digit wins next year. Anything else would not be good for Des and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Hardest games on our schedule next year are Florida State, Coastal. We avoid App unless we play them in the Conference championship. I don't think we play Georgia State again next year because we played both the Georgia schools. If we play USM it should be victory.
    I just don't see how we can't get to double digit wins next year. Anything else would not be good for Des and staff.
    How do you know what schools we will play in the East? Don't forget we will be adding Southern Miss and Troy in the west

If the new schools are not added, we play everyone in conference minus one. If that minus one is App, we play both Georgias.

These are the conference games we are scheduled to play prior to the new teams coming in
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A winning season is success next year.

8. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    10 wins should be the floor next season. the 4 OOC games are fairly easy. seems like momentum for 6 western division games, again fairly easy. thats 10 wins right there. depending on the 2 eastern teams draw, lets call for a split. you are now at 11 wins with a CCG and Bowl game to seal the final record.
    Troy, USA aren’t easy wins. Troy on the upswing as well as South.

9. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Other teams aren’t in a static West. At least two schools seem to be improving. We’re losing more players than expected. They’re getting better.

10. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Other teams aren’t in a static West. At least two schools seem to be improving. We’re losing more players than expected. They’re getting better.
    If we have Georgia State on the schedule and I think we do, they are going to be a very good team. As stated earlier USA and Troy are going to be improved as well. Coastal is going to be good again. EMU played in a bowl game, granted they got killed, but they were a bowl team. FSU will have talent all over the field. Rice and SLU should be easy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    This team still has a lot of talent (as long as Napier keeps his distance). We should be in most games, and there will be a learning curve with the new staff, but we shouldn't see a huge drop off, maybe 9 minimum wins, 11 max. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to Coach Des and staff until I see otherwise.
    I retract my prediction. Just too much has changed since December and probably won't settle until late summer. Maybe the spring game can give us more confidence going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I retract my prediction. Just too much has changed since December and probably won't settle until late summer. Maybe the spring game can give us more confidence going forward.
    Everyone seems to forget that we have recruited pretty damn well over the last 4 years and we have a ton of talent on this team…. 10 wins is doable…. Based on current schedule FSU, GSU, and Coastal are the toughest games, so 10 wins are possible…. I still think we are way better than Troy and South Al…. Ark St will be a much better team this year… the west will be a better division but we are still the king of the hill in terms of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Everyone seems to forget that we have recruited pretty damn well over the last 4 years and we have a ton of talent on this team…. 10 wins is doable…. Based on current schedule FSU, GSU, and Coastal are the toughest games, so 10 wins are possible…. I still think we are way better than Troy and South Al…. Ark St will be a much better team this year… the west will be a better division but we are still the king of the hill in terms of talent.
    Everybody also forgets how many CLOSE games we won over the last two years. Every game that could have went either way except CC in 2020 ended up going our way.

Considering the last few weeks along with normal player turnover,

Winning season would be a good result next year.

9 wins would be a very good result.

10+ would be surprising and phenomenal.

14. Default Re: Seven bold predictions for Ragin' Cajuns football, Michael Desormeaux in 2022

Even the Coastal loss turned on a questionable penalty. We absolutely were driving for the winning points.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If we win 8 games I am extremely happy.
    100% - Particularly with the loss of 6+ of our studs (who will be even better next year)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information