Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Maintaining Success

UL Football Maintaining Success

I just want the best for UL my hope is we can be the Boise st of the south

2. Default Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Rather be the Cincinnati. Can’t stand blue, teal, or red football fields.

3. Default Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    I just want the best for UL my hope is we can be the Boise st of the south
    Brother we’ve already accomplished a few things that Boise never did. I get your point, but this arrow is pointing up, and unless we royally eff it up, we can sustain success here for a very long time.

Default Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown;[URL="tel:1330326"
    1330326[/URL]]Brother we’ve already accomplished a few things that Boise never did. I get your point, but this arrow is pointing up, and unless we royally eff it up, we can sustain success here for a very long time.
    Name:  A1E62945-D88C-4935-A52E-E59E73F81AE2.jpeg
Views: 608
Size:  18.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Brother we’ve already accomplished a few things that Boise never did. I get your point, but this arrow is pointing up, and unless we royally eff it up, we can sustain success here for a very long time.
    100%

Louisiana has a MUCH higher ceiling than Boise State!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    There are very few instances of G5s sustaining excellence. I love our position right now, but I take your statement as saying this will be difficult for anyone to screw up. I think it is much easier to screw it up, than sustain it.

I like our chances as long as Dr Maggard is leading us though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    There are very few instances of G5s sustaining excellence. I love our position right now, but I take your statement as saying this will be difficult for anyone to screw up. I think it is much easier to screw it up, than sustain it.

I will hold my judgment if we can sustain the success over the next 3 years then I will agree with Mat

8. Default Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post

Winning 13 games? Very hard to sustain.

Continuing success? Very hard to screw up, at this point, at this program.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    100%

Louisiana has a MUCH higher ceiling than Boise State!
    Boise is the Mcnesse of Idaho educational wise

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Boise is the Mcnesse of Idaho educational wise
    Except McNesse is located in one of the hottest prospect corners in HS football. I’d be willing to bet less than 10% of the Boise roster is actually from Idaho. Furthermore, it’s probably 80% California based. Louisiana has a much higher ceiling for so many reasons.

Boise is a cool town though…but so is Lafayette.

11. Default Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Except McNesse is located in one of the hottest prospect corners in HS football. I’d be willing to bet less than 10% of the Boise roster is actually from Idaho. Furthermore, it’s probably 80% California based. Louisiana has a much higher ceiling for so many reasons.

Boise is a cool town though…but so is Lafayette.
    I get it what I was trying to say was to have the same kind of success like they did not so long ago and what Cincinnati is doing now

Speaking of McNeese. When they came here and beat us they had a staff full of home grown coaches. And for many years promoted from with in for head coach. Appears that Des maybe heading in the same direction. Is that because the home grown coaches are the best possible candidates or is home grown all he knows? In the case of Mcnesse it is all those in breeds know. We shall see. I hope a pray it works, nothing like sustaining the cULture with guys that came from here. It would just mean more to them and they’d be more likely to stay around.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    I get it what I was trying to say was to have the same kind of success like they did not so long ago and what Cincinnati is doing now
    We really are. If not, damn close. AP Top 25 two years running is pretty nasty.

I’m beyond excited for the future! We are just getting started. Remember, it’s a marathon not a sprint.

The best is yet to come!

14. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by NillyBapier View Post
    Speaking of McNeese. When they came here and beat us they had a staff full of home grown coaches. And for many years promoted from with in for head coach. Appears that Des maybe heading in the same direction. Is that because the home grown coaches are the best possible candidates or is home grown all he knows? In the case of Mcnesse it is all those in breeds know. We shall see. I hope a pray it works, nothing like sustaining the cULture with guys that came from here. It would just mean more to them and they’d be more likely to stay around.
    I think you’re reading too much into a small sample. Remember Billy hired many coaches who were very good Louisiana and East Texas recruiters.

You could have said his initial hires were heavily inbred

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I think you’re reading too much into a small sample. Remember Billy hired many coaches who were very good Louisiana and East Texas recruiters.

You could have said his initial hires were heavily inbred
    I think he's probably doing it on purpose. That was 15 years ago, but let's talk about what McNeese did back then.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information