Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

1. UL Basketball MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Like nearly every team nationally, the UL Ragin’ Cajuns enjoyed a bit of a holiday break from competition.

Unlike most, however, that break goes all the way back to a Dec. 14 road loss to Houston

Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

App State shoots a lot of 3's but are not making them like they did last year. That's one of our strengths is defending the perimeter. You'd think we should be favored but lets see how this plays out. App played with UNC for a little more than a half as they were hitting those shots in the first half but went colder in the second. I never know what to expect with this Cajuns team and of course Au has a setback in his practice this week.

If a tree falls in the woods….

4. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    If a tree falls in the woods….
    It depends if there is a deer hunter or squirrel hunter around.

5. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Set back for Au, right on schedule.

Marlin won’t be traveling with the team because of COVID so Brock Morris will be the acting head coach for the road trip.

So we will go 2-0 instead of 0-2

8. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    Marlin won’t be traveling with the team because of COVID so Brock Morris will be the acting head coach for the road trip.
    The audition to hire from within?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Too easy

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I wouldn't go that far; but I bet we won't stop a 10-0 Cajuns run by calling a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    While I really like Brock and think he brings alot to the table (Young & motivated, HC experience, great recruiter, connections in the industry), I think the hiring of Desormeaux is a bad thing for Brock if his goal is to coach here.

I could be completely wrong, but just don't see 2 internal hires happening for the top 2 sports. Especially internal move for a bad team.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    While I really like Brock and think he brings alot to the table (Young & motivated, HC experience, great recruiter, connections in the industry), I think the hiring of Desormeaux is a bad thing for Brock if his goal is to coach here.

I could be completely wrong, but just don't see 2 internal hires happening for the top 2 sports. Especially internal move for a bad team.
    I keep thinking back to Maggard’s “the product is not broken” rationale in promoting Des.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    I keep thinking back to Maggard’s “the product is not broken” rationale in promoting Des.
    Exactly. When it's time for a basketball coaching search, it will be a national search.

14. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

We had a national search for football, unless you’re calling Maggard a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don’t think that is the case here at all. Simply a matter of health of head guy requiring a short term change. I don’t think results good or bad will be a factor in who the next coach is. Practically, Coach Morris is the only coach on staff qualified to be the lead guy in this situation. He is the only one with collegiate HC experience, granted it was at the JUCO level. Mike Murphy has women’s head coach experience due to his time at Troy. However as Director of Operations, his on court role is limited. I can tell you the other coaches and players think they will miss the head guy. Of course you don’t expect them to say anything different in this situation. However I think they are sincere when they say that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information