Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don’t think that is the case here at all. Simply a matter of health of head guy requiring a short term change. I don’t think results good or bad will be a factor in who the next coach is. Practically, Coach Morris is the only coach on staff qualified to be the lead guy in this situation. He is the only one with collegiate HC experience, granted it was at the JUCO level. Mike Murphy has women’s head coach experience due to his time at Troy. However as Director of Operations, his on court role is limited. I can tell you the other coaches and players think they will miss the head guy. Of course you don’t expect them to say anything different in this situation. However I think they are sincere when they say that.
    Im good with them hiring Cajun Mike.

2. UL Basketball MBB:Louisiana Opens Conference Play at App State on Thursday

The conference opener will tipoff at 5:30 p.m. and is available to be streamed live on ESPN+

Homes SO Clean

Hot take-Marlin got Covid to preemptively avoid the post game interview.

I don’t feel good about that one. Just seemed too easy. I hope we win, obviously.

Ahhh, the joys of having Hulu plus is I now have access to ESPN+! I will watch the audition this evening. At least until it gets out of hand!!

Z

PS. I know this has been hashed out and rehashed, but Coach Marlin is a super nice guy. Anyone thats ever had a chance to meet him will tell you that. Its not personal Coach, its bidness.

Last edited by ZZeebart21; December 30th, 2021 at 09:10 am. Reason: because ____ you, thats why.

UL Basketball Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

David Patrick for the WIN #GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by BBOYD View Post
    He didn't do too hot at UC Riverside . Has stop at ark and Oklahoma since then though

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    He didn't do too hot at UC Riverside . Has stop at ark and Oklahoma since then though
    No. But that's a terrible job and this year, that team is 6-4 with players he left behind. They have wins at Arizona State, San Diego State, and UTEP.

8. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Brad, if your career goal is to be a successful college coach, especially UL successful coach you need to jump into the water. Find an assistant job asap. The current coach at Southen Miss had a long non college career before SLU, and Southern Miss. I know it’s a big step but I’m very confident you can succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Associate Head Coach at both, you can’t judge him off of UC riverside, if you know you know. He is From Australia, huge connection pipe line for players. Ben Simmons is the biggest name from that Connection, but has many others, Nichols and St Mary benefited well from his connections.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out… I heard yesterday that next year will be a FAIR WELL TOUR for Marlin. Kinda like an appreciation and departure rolled up in one!!! #GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Brad, if your career goal is to be a successful college coach, especially UL successful coach you need to jump into the water. Find an assistant job asap. The current coach at Southen Miss had a long non college career before SLU, and Southern Miss. I know it’s a big step but I’m very confident you can succeed.
    Thx , i only wanna coach at UL, i don’t think it’s a must i go coach at another college to be able to coach at UL. I know more about the players in LA then the college coaches across the state, Coaches from other schools statewide call me all the time to discuss players in LA!!! But I do get what your trying to say… #GeauxCajuns

11. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Associate Head Coach at both, you can’t judge him off of UC riverside, if you know you know. He is From Australia, huge connection pipe line for players. Ben Simmons is the biggest name from that Connection, but has many others, Nichols and St Mary benefited well from his connections.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out… I heard yesterday that next year will be a FAIR WELL TOUR for Marlin. Kinda like an appreciation and departure rolled up in one!!! #GeauxCajuns
    Next year, like day after tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Coach Ladner is a good friend of mine!!!

13. Default Re: MBB: Season Resumes at Appalachian State

Thx , i only wanna coach at UL, i don’t think it’s a must i go coach at another college to be able to coach at UL. I know more about the players in LA then the college coaches across the state, Coaches from other schools statewide call me all the time to discuss players in LA!!! But I do get what your trying to say… #GeauxCajuns
    Actually I missed the point all together. Yea, I believe that you need to be an assistant somewhere before head coach at UL. Yes, the next head coach should find a great spot for you here. Then it’s open season.

I really hope that means 2021 not the 2021-2022 season as his last, really don't think we can keep him around another year especially if his buyout is only 100k. You can pay that buyout and the new coach 250k and you have a savings of 150k

His fair well tour is going on now B!! We talked about this the other day lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information