Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2021: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

What a Downer 2021: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

Sedexo has posted an opening for a Food Operations ManagerWhile it should have happened earlier, at least its happening.

Job DescriptionHate they ULL'd this, but the job posting probably didn't come from anyone local as Sedexo is a world wide company.

Sodexo is seeking a Concessions/Food Operations Manager 1 for the University of Louisiana Lafayette (ULL) located in Lafayette, LA to support a rising Division 1 NCAA program. The Concessions/Operations Manager will oversee multiple concessions sites for multiple sports. This position will primarily oversee 5 full time hourly employees, but as many as 200-300 hourly employees on game days. Will support concessions during athletic seasons, and may support on-campus catering for ULL during and outside of that time. This role will require organization, passion and commitment. We are looking for candidates with experience working with NPOs, vendors, and someone who has lots of Division 1 athletic experience.

The Operations/Concessions Manager will develop and grow a concessions program. This person will build and grow relationships and offers to meet an evolving program and facility. The successful candidate will deliver an exceptional experience to fans, guests, students, and athletes, and be able to innovate and grow the program. If you are enthusiastic, flexible, and enjoy athletics, great people, and a great team, this is the place for you!

2. Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

For whatever reason, proof that Sodexo doesn't know their client and should be released from the burden

Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

I would agree, but my point was to alert those who have been shooting darts at concessions at CF and CD. Tante Bertha who was a school lunchroom manager won't cut it anymore as a concessions manager.

4. Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

Got it. Thanks

Tante Bertha still makes some of the best gravy grabbing rice you will find outside of a sports venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    For whatever reason, proof that Sodexo doesn't know their client and should be released from the burden
    I thought the same thing? Sodexo has been working with us for what, over a decade? Just the fact that the have ULL in there is either laziness are incompetency. Either one is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Got it. Thanks

Tante Bertha still makes some of the best gravy grabbing rice you will find outside of a sports venue.
    Don't forget the rolls

7. Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

We need to immediately terminate the contract for Sodexo and Ticketmaster. Yesterday. Two of the biggest things holding back our athletic programs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We need to immediately terminate the contact or Sodexo and Ticketmaster. Yesterday. Two of the biggest things holding back our athletic programs.
    I tend to agree.expecially Ticketmaster. Learfield manages plenty of other schools ticket operations, why not UL? Its a hot mess.period.

$34.3K to $43.5K per year is Indeed's estimated salary for food manager at Sodexo in Lafayette, LA

If that is accurate no wonder they struggle. No one who values themselves will take that big of a job without making good money doing it.

10. Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

Serious question: Is Sodexo the only game in town? Do we have no other viable options?

11. Default Re: Concessions Operation Manager Needed

I don’t remember ever seeing one positive post about either Sudexo or Ticketmaster . . . Let that sink in . . . NOT ONE POSITIVE POST . . .

I'll be retiring soon. Maybe I can do that as my second career. Oh, wait a minute. To take on that type of job with that much responsibility I need at least $250,000 a year. Concession prices are so high, they can afford me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    $34.3K to $43.5K per year is Indeed's estimated salary for food manager at Sodexo in Lafayette, LA.

If that is accurate no wonder they struggle. No one who values themselves will take that big of a job without making good money doing it.
    They will struggle at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    They will struggle at that price.
    The food services industry is notoriously low paying. That is probably not out of line for the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    The food services industry is notoriously low paying. That is probably not out of line for the industry.
    That is why the lines are long, lol.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information