Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The original swamp

Default The original swamp

Does anybody have a link to our swamp being the original swamp?

Also looking to find out how the gators name they’re swamp when and by whom.

I have a friend who is a gator fan saying they have the original swamp. Lining up my ammo because we are going to debate next week.

I also had to educate him on corn dogs, Alice shoe, and GEAUX.

Default Re: The original swamp

It would be the Brian Mitchell photo you need for proof. That year's media guide had the "Welcome to the Swamp" sign behind him.

Hopefully this gets you on the right path.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/2211

And here is Florida's website with a note about Spurrier calling it the swamp in the 90's. Case closed

http://www.secsportsfan.com/florida-.l-history.html

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    It would be the Brian Mitchell photo you need for proof. That year's media guide had the "Welcome to the Swamp" sign behind him.
    No Mitchell's photo was done in the swamp on campus. The thread I linked has enough to justify us as being the first though.

It was written on the back of the scoreboard early on at Cajun Field. When scoreboard was in south end zone.

7. Default Re: The original swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

thanks

8. Default Re: The original swamp

Let your friend know it is so because the team who plays in the real swamp is 13-1 and ranked very highly . . . Just as they stole our coach, they stole our swamp . . . Come back when the second swamp produces as such . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    It was written on the back of the scoreboard early on at Cajun Field. When scoreboard was in south end zone.
    You are correct

10. Default Re: The original swamp

How much to copyright things? “The Swamp” in football fields, “Geaux” for a chant. Things we should have and could own. The Fossil too interested in squeezing Buffalo off nickels than spending a dime on immortality.

Thanks to all for ya’lls great information. It’s all stuff I remember reading on this board in the past and you save me a lot of research.
    I might have to force him to donate to the RCAF LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

Ding ding ding looks like you win bayou.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Let your friend know it is so because the team who plays in the real swamp is 13-1 and ranked very highly . . . Just as they stole our coach, they stole our swamp . . . Come back when the second swamp produces as such . . .
    So both schools use The Swamp. So what? Clemson and LSU both have stadiums called Death Valley, both are the Tigers and both play Hold That Tiger. Doesn't seem to bother either school.

Let's continue to use The Swamp on our stadium which we are certainly entitled to as we had it first. We are the only 2 schools using that. UF has the Gator as a mascot and team moniker. We have gators on campus and should use the Gator as a mascot with Ragin Cajuns as our moniker. Florida and Louisiana, UF & UL. We shared our coach, now we share The Swamp. Couldn't be a better school to share the name with. We are in great company.

14. Default Re: The original swamp

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So both schools use The Swamp. So what? Clemson and LSU both have stadiums called Death Valley, both are the Tigers and both play Hold That Tiger. Doesn't seem to bother either school.

Let's continue to use The Swamp on our stadium which we are certainly entitled to as we had it first. We are the only 2 schools using that. UF has the Gator as a mascot and team moniker. We have gators on campus and should use the Gator as a mascot with Ragin Cajuns as our moniker. Florida and Louisiana, UF & UL. We shared our coach, now we share The Swamp. Couldn't be a better school to share the name with. We are in great company.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    It was placed there at some point in the early to mid 80’s at the latest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information