Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Tier 1 impact on athletics

Default Re: Tier "1" ACHIEVED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I think that is way at the bottom of their list of priorities when choosing a school. 45K is probably the smallest in the new BIG 12.
    UH stadium is 40k

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    UH stadium is 40k
    Than the newly renovated Cajun Field at 35K won’t be an issue.

3. Default Re: Tier 1 impact on athletics

Don’t know if this is accurate, but listed at 37K and change

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippert_Stadium

Default Re: Tier 1 impact on athletics

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don’t know if this is accurate, but listed at 37K and change

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippert_Stadium
    It’s on Wikipedia. It’s got to be accurate.

5. Default Re: Tier 1 impact on athletics

As anywhere else.

If you think US thinking we getting in the BIG12is ridiculoushow ridiculous is it that TECH thinks they can get in????

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    If you think US thinking we getting in the BIG12is ridiculoushow ridiculous is it that TECH thinks they can get in????
    Personally, I no longer think it is ridiculous. Unlikely, probably. But not ridiculous.

This one done by a Michigan fan in 2018.

Why Louisiana should be in consideration for Big 12 expansion.

Before we start, I mean this Louisiana, not LSU.

Louisiana is extremely fertile recruiting ground. Players like Leonard Fournette, Rashard Lawrence, Tre White, and Kendall Beckwith have come out of Louisiana recently. These recruits also have something else in common. They all have signed with LSU. The rate of blue-chip recruits to power five programs in highest in Louisiana. LSU gets their pick of the recruits. The talent is there for another Power Five team from Louisiana.

Although Louisiana’s football support isn’t great, as they averaged only around 15,000 fans per game last year, the Ragin Cajun’s have fans, as shown by their average baseball attendance of 4,835, which is good for 8th nationally, and it would rank 2nd in the Big 12, right behind Texas. There is no doubt in my mind that Louisiana has the fan base to pick from to have a Big 12, and Power Five-caliber athletic department.

While the facilities are currently not at a Power Five level, Louisiana has plans in place to expand their football stadium to 60,000+ seats. With one season of Big 12 money, the school would be able to fund a large portion of this project. When given Big 12 television revenue, the facilities at Louisiana will be at a Power Five level.

Louisiana is a new television market for the Big 12. While Texas has put a halt to any plans to create a Big 12 Network, a potential network would be on basic cable in New Orleans due to the conference’s newfound presence in the Bayou.

Out of all the schools in Louisiana, the University of Louisiana makes the most sense for Big 12 expansion. Think about it, Texas vs. Louisiana certainly sounds better than Texas vs. ULM or Texas vs. Louisiana Tech or Texas vs. Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Than the newly renovated Cajun Field at 35K won’t be an issue.
    Even if we go down to 35K, we will always have the Hill to load up another 5K seats if we ever need it. Further I am sure the new luxury suites will hold I’m sure a few thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    UH stadium is 40k
    Baylor 45K
    TCU 50k

BL: Cajun Field can smartly expand as needed if we ever get a P5 offer.

I said this back in the summer when news broke on Texas & Oklahoma going to the SEC. The B12 needs to respond with strengthening its geographical position into SEC territory, I.e., Louisiana! But we need to prove our “worth” to them by doing much of what has already been stated in this thread. Keep improving funding, and continue to produce on the fields/court to grow our fanbase. If we can do that while in the SBC, then we just might stand a chance WHEN the B12 expands to 16. Just my worthless 2 cents.

11. Default Re: Tier 1 impact on athletics

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Everything Tech thinks is ridiculous . . . There is that . . .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information