Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

I’m curious how RR number compare to say the FunBelt pod being that it is conference centric rather than a single school. I can’t stand the FB pod, it’s just unbearable and the stupid ULM guy is too dumb to listen to. Not sure why they have a representative from the worst school in the conference rather than someone from App, Coastal or LA.

2. Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

Louisiana isn’t well represented on the SBB. They were okay with the Hoax plea against our name. We were ridiculed, and T given the boot as a mod. They’re somewhat better and the Cajuns that post aren’t confrontational.

Things got better I haven’t been able to post for several years. The head moderator claims I haven’t been banned, yet I can’t fix my password.

3. Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’m curious how RR number compare to say the FunBelt pod being that it is conference centric rather than a single school. I can’t stand the FB pod, it’s just unbearable and the stupid ULM guy is too dumb to listen to. Not sure why they have a representative from the worst school in the conference rather than someone from App, Coastal or LA.
    I’ll first say that I respect anyone that gets into the podcasting arena. Very hard work and lots of time consumed. We are fortunate to have a very loyal base of listeners and social media engagement. Believe it or not, we have a very steady listenership from the App St base, USM base, and now, Florida area codes have been popping up pretty regularly.

Based off of conversations we’ve had with those guys, and using the Commish episode as a guide, we have a substantial advantage in following. Small anecdote is their Gill episode got around 160 listens total. We were at 477 listens in the first 18 hours.

Lets get these guys the equipment and sponsorship dollars to blow this up. Who is in?

As long as they keep playing that smooth intro music I’m in! Any way to buy merch to support the pod?

As long as they keep playing that smooth intro music I’m in! Any way to buy merch to support the pod?
    At one time they had gear. Not sure if they still do.

Awesome cast

8. Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

Once again great episode loved every minute of it. Had a thought when you were referencing about LSU A&M . Remember when the fans from A&M laughed at us when we had to forfeit the two New Orleans bowls and the wins from those previous seasons. Wouldn’t it be ironic if they have to forfeit their championship trophy and perfect season they had because of all the cheating they were doing. Plus hope the NCAA not only take their championship but also give them sanctions for the next few years would be the icing on the cake for a perfect year. Finish in the top 15 in the country have the longest winning streak in the country. R 1 Statius starting construction on new and improved Cajun field can’t ask for better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    Once again great episode loved every minute of it. Had a thought when you were referencing about LSU A&M . Remember when the fans from A&M laughed at us when we had to forfeit the two New Orleans bowls and the wins from those previous seasons. Wouldn’t it be ironic if they have to forfeit their championship trophy and perfect season they had because of all the cheating they were doing. Plus hope the NCAA not only take their championship but also give them sanctions for the next few years would be the icing on the cake for a perfect year. Finish in the top 15 in the country have the longest winning streak in the country. R 1 Statius starting construction on new and improved Cajun field can’t ask for better than that.
    Honest question. I am not aware of there being recruiting allegations against LSU football. Basketball, yes, but I haven't heard anything about football. Are you saying there are allegations of football recruiting violations? Really bad day at black rock if that is the case.

10. Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

Oh yeah definitely why you think they kissing orgeron butt with that sweet payout. Because of recruiting and title nine violations that’s been going on since miles was the coach.

11. Default Re: Kings of NOLA, Early Signing Day, Carnegie R1

So Merch is a tough thing. In order for it to be profitable, we’d have to buy in bulk. We’ve sold some things, but not enough to warrant purchasing 500-1000 of anything at one time. We are in the process of setting up an online store with our sponsors at Vaulted. Will keep you guys posted.

Most important thing for long term health (and keeping our current sponsors) is just to continue to grow the listening and participating audience. In the months of November and December, we had well over 11k listens and 1.92mm impressions on Twitter. If we stay at those numbers and continue to grow, we can pull in any sponsors we’d attempt to partner with. Also, our rates are ridiculously cheap. So just keep spreading the word about RR and we’ll do the rest.

Aside from all of that, I just love that this podcast creates conversation about the program and gets fans engaged. That was always at the top of the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    Oh yeah definitely why you think they kissing orgeron butt with that sweet payout. Because of recruiting and title nine violations that’s been going on since miles was the coach.
    I thought the payout was a contractural obligation, same as any other coach that is fired early.... Also, I don't think Title IX violations would result in forfeiture of games. I'm not saying there have not been recruiting violations in football, just haven't heard of any.

One time when I listened, I was able speed it up. But I don’t see that option anymore?

I was able to download this new pod, listened to it in reverse...like an old Beatles recording...lsu is dead, LSU is dead, over and over...

Next up: live spots on out of town road trips…like Rice for football next year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information