Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    All y’all trying to justify your demeaning of Levi Lewis only look smaller with each passing post. He’s done everything he set out to do, be his best self which brought us the greatest four years in history.
    Relax, it's just a discussion.

2. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    It was discussion maybe the first year. After that it was stupidity and now we are at the end of year three. Just quit it . . . You wrong . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Lewis:
    Passing: 721-1179, 9203 yds. 74 td.-18 int.,
    Rushing: 286, 1088 yds., 15 td.

2 Conference Championships
    4 Bowl Appearances
    3 Bowl Wins

Delhomme:
    Passing: 655-1246, 9216 yds. 64 td. - 57 int.,
    Rushing: 230, -338 yds., 6td.

Mitchell:
    Passing: 385-843, 5447 yds., 23 td. - 42 int.
    Rushing: 678, 3335 yds. 47tds.

(Factoring in Bowl and post-season appearances)

I think the guy on the top has done more than enough to warrant a number retirement.
    Impossible to fairly compare due to different eras, but can we all agree that all three are Cajun GREATS !!!

I've stated before, that the most talented Cajun QB I ever saw was Roy Henry. For me, he was Doug Williams-like but much more mobile.

4. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

A discussion in which his antagonist refuse to recognize greatness. That’s just a classic I know everything better than anyone. Just give it up to Levi. He’s earned every single accolade by everything he’s accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    Okay but his name and number deserve to be up on that wall.
    So does Todd Scott the best number 9 we have ever had as a DB. You see where that got him.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    So does Todd Scott the best number 9 we have ever had as a DB. You see where that got him.
    Todd scott he could lay the smack down on anyone in college . What a legendary player

7. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

NM

8. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

I saw all 3 play. No question about it, Jake and Brian are the very best we ever had at the QB position.
    I also saw all three play & completely disagree. Levi was a much better passer than Brian & a better passer than Jake. He didn't have the body to run with the ball like Brian Mitchell did, but was just as dangerous in open field & probably just as fast. I'm not even gonna discuss who was the better runner & better in escapability between he & Jake. The thing he did way better than either one of them was take care of the football. He played on better teams, but he also out played better competition.

Everyone knows what Brian & Jake were able to accomplish at the next level. And Levi's game may not ever translate to that level. But as a college QB, Levi Lewis was the best QB the Cajuns have ever had. It's just a fact & the numbers don't lie.

All of you are full of it. Its all opinion. Enough with the "you are flat wrong" nonsense. Your opinion isnt more valid than the next. Lets focus on something we can ALL agree on, that isnt actually debateableIm the best looking and smartest guy on this board.

With that said.carry on with the s___talking. Ive got a long day ahead and will need something good to read during lunch. I love you all. Thank you, and good day.

To throw Brian Mitchell up there as a comparison might not be fair to Jake & Levi, or to Mitchell.

Jake vs. Levi.I think it's closer than many would want to admit. I'd still give the nod to Jake as an overall passer, but you can't discount what Levi did with his legs many, many, many times to avoid sacks when the defense got pressure up the middle immediately, and the 70+ TDs vs. under 20 INTs is impressive as hell.

Oh.and the win-loss record for Levi ain't too shabby either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    To throw Brian Mitchell up there as a comparison might not be fair to Jake & Levi, or to Mitchell.

Jake vs. Levi.I think it's closer than many would want to admit. I'd still give the nod to Jake as an overall passer, but you can't discount what Levi did with his legs many, many, many times to avoid sacks when the defense got pressure up the middle immediately, and the 70+ TDs vs. under 20 INTs is impressive as hell.

Oh.and the win-loss record for Levi ain't too shabby either.
    I also think that time-memory bias works against Levi here. Everyone can remember bad throws that Levi made on Saturday night. But looking back on Jake's career 25 years later, those bad throws seem to fade from memory.

13. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Brian and Jake get a college percetion boost from their NFL exploits.

Multiple pro championship appearances build a lot of lifelong appeal.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare them. All played in completely different eras on completely different teams.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to say that Levi is a better thrower than Jake. When Jake was here the defenses could get away with assault on the receivers and QB.

Mitchell was one of the most dynamic players in the history of college football and that translated to the NFL but not as a QB.

They are all great in their own ways and I’m grateful to have been able to watch all 3.

15. Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    . . .They are all great in their own ways and I’m grateful to have been able to watch all 3.
    The comparison should begin and end right here . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information