Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Default Re: Levi Lewis vs Jake Delhomme vs Brian Mitchell (Career)

Levi definitely belongs in that hallowed group of three. I don't think there's any doubt about that any longer. We were lucky to have him as long as we did, and it will be a long time before anyone else wears number 1.

That said, we all know that it's impossible to compare QBs across generations. Not only has the game changed, the preparation and coaching of quarterbacks is light years ahead of what it was in the 80s and early 90s. Imagine how much better of a passer Mitchell and even Delhomme would've been with modern QB camps in high school and college.

Furthermore, I doubt we'd have been able to land Mitchell nowadays. He'd have had his pick of schools willing to play him at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Brian was pretty amazing to watch. This gives a glimpse.

Attachment 16398
    Perfect example of what some of us were saying about LLthat he was a part of the offense and not the entire offense. He was the consummate point guard at QB.his talents made others better. So much for the opinion of the RPCA

Just catching up on the thread. I think it should at least be mentioned that Terrance Broadway actually held the combined rushing/passage yards record and Levi didn't break that one until the Liberty game this year. Broadway put that number up in just 2 1/2 seasons.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information