Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

UL Football Defensive Coordinator: Lamar Morgan

Ok, now that the boys took care of business, whose flight are we tracking for DC?

Default Re: Defensive Coordinator

Would Lamar Morgan be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    With the health care that is needed for his kids I don't see him coming back to UL. But you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    Possible

After looking at neighbors bio I’m going to predict he will be elevated to DC. As with the head job they will want to keep it going as is and not change much. He spent several years at Alabama doing graduate work and as a young assistant. Who better to learn defense from than Nick?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    After looking at neighbors bio I’m going to predict he will be elevated to DC. As with the head job they will want to keep it going as is and not change much. He spent several years at Alabama doing graduate work and as a young assistant. Who better to learn defense from than Nick?
    And Patrick Toney, I was thinking maybe Matt Powledge would be an option as DC, he was here but went to Baylor with Robert’s.however he is heading to Oregon as co-DC.Robert’s tree is pretty damn impressive, Aranda, Golding, Toney, Powledge.

I’m good with Wes.

Wes Neighbors should be the next DC.

I feel you can look inside the program for LB coach as well. Nico Johnson or Mike Guiliani or CJ Wilford.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Wes Neighbors should be the next DC.

I feel you can look inside the program for LB coach as well. Nico Johnson or Mike Guiliani or CJ Wilford.
    I think Wes and Lamar Morgan should be Co-DC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I am fine with it, if Coach Des does a good, thorough search and thinks that is the best fit. Hopefully that is what he is doing, otherwise I think he would've named OC and DC before the bowl, if they were just internal promotions without other interviews.

Said it before and will say it again, OC, DC and SC are his most important hires. OC, not as much now, since he will be calling the plays. We absolutely need a stud at strength and conditioning. Everyone obviously works closely together, but these recruits we get, need to be made into men and it starts in the offseason and weight room.

When I hear Co Dc I can't help but think when Beech and Daughtery took Vic Eumonts place when he left. Vic had that attack style D and probably one of the best Ds we had in that era. The Co DCs did not manage to keep it going like their predecessor.

12. UL Football Re: Defensive Coordinator

When I hear Co Dc I can't help but think when Beech and Daughtery took Vic Eumonts place when he left. Vic had that attack style D and probably one of the best Ds we had in that era. The Co DCs did not manage to keep it going like their predecessor.
    Your truth is played out hundreds of times in football history. The new guy either isn’t able or refuses to follow the master teacher. Sometimes it’s lack of talent as well. I’m comfortable in letting our new head coach recognize those traits and abilities that gives UL the best chance going forward.

I have no idea who those people are.

Uga just used co- DC system seemed to work just fine

We will be lucky to hold onto Wes Neighbors. Frankly, I am surprised he is not at Florida with Napier. He recruited Florida well when he was at South Florida and Florida Atlantic. He is an Alabama guy.

I have no idea who those people are.

Uga just used co- DC system seemed to work just fine
    UGA? There DC is Kirby smart. Kinda like Billy’s OC.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information