Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

1. UL Football 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

All indications continue pointing toward a probable Dec. 18 New Orleans Bowl bid for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Why the New Orleans Bowl would love to have Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football

Well, looks like we're there, again! Just hope we not playing utsa again this year, not that we won't beat 'em, but it would be good to get a P5 in there.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #WAYTOGEAUXCAJUNS

Default Re: Why the New Orleans Bowl would love to have Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football

We aren't playing a p5 so I would love another game vs utsa

Default Re: Why the New Orleans Bowl would love to have Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football

It’s gonna be Marshall

Let me guess, because they like money?

I know that I'm going and plan on having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    It’s gonna be Marshall
    I like the NO Bowl. But, damn, we are a Top 20 team and a top 5 G5 program and we appear to be relegated to playing a 3rd place (?) CUSA team from the worse conference in the country. I know we have ties to the NO Bowl, but it seems like the conference could make an exception and send a 12-1 team to a higher profile bowl against a P5 school that will increase the stature of the SBC.

How about get Houston to come play us in the N.O. Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I like the NO Bowl. But, damn, we are a Top 20 team and a top 5 G5 program and we appear to be relegated to playing a 3rd place (?) CUSA team from the worse conference in the country. I know we have ties to the NO Bowl, but it seems like the conference could make an exception and send a 12-1 team to a higher profile bowl against a P5 school that will increase the stature of the SBC.
    Except for one or two all bowls have tie ins with conferences. It’s not up to the SBC.

Louisiana vs Marshall in the Superdome! See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Louisiana vs Marshall in the Superdome! See you there!
    That is the projections. We will destroy those guys.

I know this will never happen so please don't pile on when its said as its just an interesting thought I had but wouldn't it be great if a very mediocre 6-6 Florida team would want to play us in the NOLA bowl? The storylines that even Buckley could come up with....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I love the New Orleans bowl, but I’m with you on this one. I’m sure many others agree too. Not saying we’re above playing a Marshall, but you’re 12-1 and should move up in the CFP poll. The bowl tie ins are way too limiting. I like what the bowl did when the got sdsu and Nevada to Nola. It would be nice to play a P5 or like a Utah State. With this team, you want to play the best available opponent. And if that’s not available, at least a name that would move the needle a bit.

The SBC bowl tie-ins are not good. It wasn't made for a top 20 program. It is now out-dated and needs to be redone.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    The SBC bowl tie-ins are not good. It wasn't made for a top 20 program. It is now out-dated and needs to be redone.
    Contracts are in place for a couple more years.

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information