Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: Chris Smith questionable for the New Orleans Bowl

Not sure if I can copy this link but will try.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana.af4387570.html

This sucks. I firmly
    Believe each of Our RB’s make the others better. Chris Smith starts and sets the tone. Sometimes doing the dirty work early so our running game can take over late. Not to mention his role in the return game.

I hope he can play a little and be effective.

We need the three headed monster

Questionable isn’t doubtful. We got this!

5. UL Football No. 23 Louisiana brings lethal defense to New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Louisiana and Marshall will get an early start on their Sun Belt Conference rivalry when they meet in the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl on Saturday in the Caesars Superdome.

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Wonder if the bowl and Superdome would have to partner for a game such as this. You would think we could use for Home events though.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

As of now, it appears there will be less than 10,000 people attending the game. A bowl game for a team going for their 13th win in a row, a feat which may never be matched again in the history of the University of Louisiana. A bowl game which will happen on a Saturday night only a 2 hour drive from Lafayette. I am just amazed that the politics of hatred has infected our society to this point. I could very well see the Sunbelt conference losing ALL of it's bowl tie ins & many bowl games disappearing if this the norm of fan reaction to bowl games in this country post covid. Why have bowl games if you can't draw a fan base for those games? I can tell you people that you are setting a most dangerous precedent by "making your stand." Something tells me a lot of people are going to regret this decision later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    As of now, it appears there will be less than 10,000 people attending the game. A bowl game for a team going for their 13th win in a row, a feat which may never be matched again in the history of the University of Louisiana. A bowl game which will happen on a Saturday night only a 2 hour drive from Lafayette. I am just amazed that the politics of hatred has infected our society to this point. I could very well see the Sunbelt conference losing ALL of it's bowl tie ins & many bowl games disappearing if this the norm of fan reaction to bowl games in this country post covid. Why have bowl games if you can't draw a fan base for those games? I can tell you people that you are setting a most dangerous precedent by "making your stand." Something tells me a lot of people are going to regret this decision later on.
    I agree with you here, Kyle. Show up for these boys. They deserve it.

No one cares about a NOLA bowl for the 7th time vs the #4 CUSA team. Im the only one in our group of 12 who is going.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Question, are we guessing UL ticket sales or total game attendance?
    In years past I was put on the second and third level. I am 19 rows from the field now. That tells me ticket sales Are probably low. I guess 10 to 12,000 Cajun fans if we lucky. Looking at what Ticketmaster is showing for the Marshall side I am guessing 1000 and that is a high number.Hope I’m wrong.
    With what the New Orleans bowl will give out to the locals maybe 5 to 10 more thousand. I think 20,000 total would be on the high side. Our players deserve to have 30 to 50,000 at the game. Oh well. Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    No one cares about a NOLA bowl for the 7th time vs the #4 CUSA team. Im the only one in our group of 12 who is going.
    These bowls won't be able to continue to operate with the massive amount of losses they are going to have like this. Do people really not want to see their teams in bowl games at all? I've been looking at the seating charts & where people are saying they are sitting & I can tell you right now, there are maybe 7500 tickets sold. They are putting the Marshall fans on the same side of the stadium as UL fans, or in the end zone rather evidently to cut down on bathroom & concessions stand usage. Something like this will be devastating for a bowl game like this.

These bowls won't be able to continue to operate with the massive amount of losses they are going to have like this. Do people really not want to see their teams in bowl games at all? I've been looking at the seating charts & where people are saying they are sitting & I can tell you right now, there are maybe 7500 tickets sold. They are putting the Marshall fans on the same side of the stadium as UL fans, or in the end zone rather evidently to cut down on bathroom & concessions stand usage. Something like this will be devastating for a bowl game like this.
    It also shows that your fanbase is not willing to travel, even just 2 hours down the road. That will affect our bowl placement in the future and possibly future conference affiliation. The fanbase needs to step, period. It's important

13. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

Dude, you painted NO as the Congo, what do you expect.

14. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You don't have to care about the matchup.

It's the last chance to like UL football this year.

Home game.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

Any bands playing the night before the game in Champions Square? Can't seem to find an itinerary. They've had some pretty good bands in the past. Beach boys, Charlie Daniels. Can't seem to remember the other bands for the previous bowl games. It was fun though!

Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information