Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

There's a good bit of excitement on FB about the bowl.lots of questions from casual fan and casual fanett. Mostly to do with tickets.this school ticket operations are very poor in dissemenating that information.

Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I'll take Cincinnati & the points for 200. Hell, give me Cincy & the points for 300. I think they're gonna beat Alabama's ass down.
    Hope you're right. Heck, the whole country hopes you're right.

But we were also hoping the same thing for the Big Hair Conference champsonship. And look where that got us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Won't happen. Although I've heard people getting away with showing index cards and/or old COVID test results at the entrance, I'm not driving 2.5 hours to take that chance and I'm not jumping through all those hoops with my entire family. so my family is out. I know several others of the same sentiment who have been to all other NOLA Bowl games featuring the Cajuns. In the past, I've organized large groups of extended family/friends and purchased anywhere between 30-60 tickets, depending on the bowl. Not happening this year.

I'm hoping they get 20 K for this game. Could be less. Ashame - because this team deserves the best. Blame it on Latoya the Destroyer. Hotels and restaurants also lose out.
    Kids under 12 don't need proof.

Small minded is as small minded thinks. How many schollys do FCS schools get? What is the average size of an FCS stadium? How many coaches are allowed with an FCS school? I like FCS football. But there is a big difference between G-5 & FCS. You know what holds G-5 schools down? They hold themselves down with doubt & disbelief.

Won't happen. Although I've heard people getting away with showing index cards and/or old COVID test results at the entrance, I'm not driving 2.5 hours to take that chance and I'm not jumping through all those hoops with my entire family. so my family is out. I know several others of the same sentiment who have been to all other NOLA Bowl games featuring the Cajuns. In the past, I've organized large groups of extended family/friends and purchased anywhere between 30-60 tickets, depending on the bowl. Not happening this year.

I'm hoping they get 20 K for this game. Could be less. Ashame - because this team deserves the best. Blame it on Latoya the Destroyer. Hotels and restaurants also lose out.
    Dude, are you or aren't you an MD??

Test the family at home, print up the results.

EDIT: I forgot it has to be PCR. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Hope you're right. Heck, the whole country hopes you're right.

But we were also hoping the same thing for the Big Hair Conference champsonship. And look where that got us.
    That should tell you how over rated that conference is. Alabama is NOT that good. Not this year they ain't. And Cincinnati is that good. Do not rule them out. And Alabama damn sure won't cover that crazy ass spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Colony View Post
    You are underestimating the amount of people who refuse to go to New Orleans.
    The truth is underestimating the amount of people turned off to sports over the BLM movement, the 2020 presidential race & stupid politics. I thought for sure UL would have a packed house for the SBC championship. 31,000 was a disgrace. If there was ever a time the Acadiana area owed UL a great crowd it was then. I can't believe how many people have allowed the politics of hatred to change them for the worse. Having said that, I'm still hoping for 30,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Small minded is as small minded thinks. How many schollys do FCS schools get? What is the average size of an FCS stadium? How many coaches are allowed with an FCS school? I like FCS football. But there is a big difference between G-5 & FCS. You know what holds G-5 schools down? They hold themselves down with doubt & disbelief.
    And if G5 does the same as FCS, it’s saying we’re not good enough. That is doubt and disbelief.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    EDIT: I forgot it has to be PCR. Apologies.
    It DOES NOT have to be PCR.

Their website. but it is supposed to be an official test, not an at home test. But - again - people have gotten away with showing almost anything to the Dome gatekeepers.

https://ready.nola.gov/incident/coro.afe-reopening/

"Anyone 12 years of age and older must provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine or negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours."

Blame it on yourself if you let anyone else keep you from following your team just because they have a safety standard set based upon the amount of illness & death they have had to deal with in that city/region& you refuse to respect it. That isn't a Latoya thing. That is a you need to look in the mirror thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    And if G5 does the same as FCS, it’s saying we’re not good enough. That is doubt and disbelief.

Have a nice day.
    You're not doing the same thing as the FCS. IF G-5 conferences got together with a major network & some sponsors, they could make they're own playoff system & force the P-5s into a champion Vs. champion winner take all event. But they won't do that because they are too busy fighting over crumbs from the master's table. And your argument attests to that point.

13. Default Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FCS football would like a word with you to explain irrelevance.
    The main difference is the FCS has very little regular season relevance.

I would like to see the playoff viewership numbers on App State the year of their big upset.

The G5 on the other hand have upsets sprinkled throughout the season so there would be a lot more interest in a G5 playoff.

14. UL Football Re: Louisiana deserves a better New Orleans Bowl matchup than Marshall

UL vs App 440K
    Bama vs Ga 15 million.

Our best strategy is an anti trust suit vs P5 and networks. Not a alternate playoff.

My normal group that has gone to all the NO Bowls ranged from 4-10 and this year down to the one and only ME. Not due to politics, just plain old physical handicaps that make it a hard trip. We used to stay in Da Quarta but that requires a lot of walking. If you take the bus that becomes a long day and a late night. We really need the next generation to step up and fill the ranks. In that spirit I have recruited my daughter and son in law to make their first bowl game. And what a great idea for Christmas gifts. I remember our first bowl game Cajun fans sent ticket donations to San Diego State to help fill the dome.

Page 15 of 99 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information