Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Projected Attendance

This will be a helluva game.

2. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Any bands playing the night before the game in Champions Square? Can't seem to find an itinerary. They've had some pretty good bands in the past. Beach boys, Charlie Daniels. Can't seem to remember the other bands for the previous bowl games. It was fun though!
    Friday, Dec. 17
    2:30 - 6:00 p.m.
    Ragin' Cajuns Fan Fest @ Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

This reception in the 5th floor Grand Ballroom is open to all Ragin' Cajuns fans.

Live music provided by Wayne Toups.

A cash bar will be available.

3. Default ESPN 1420 How to Purchase NOLA Bowl Tickets + UL Students Can Get a Free Ticket

For the last several days, RCAF members along with season ticket holders were able to reserve their seats for the game. Now, everyone can scoop up a ticket to the game to support the Vermilion and White.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Friday, Dec. 17
    2:30 - 6:00 p.m.
    Ragin' Cajuns Fan Fest @ Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

This reception in the 5th floor Grand Ballroom is open to all Ragin' Cajuns fans.

Live music provided by Wayne Toups.

A cash bar will be available.
    Cool deal. I guess no outdoor concert at the dome?

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Keep your head on a swivel down there. This happened Sunday afternoon, so it’s not like it’s middle of the night or anything.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...febe8883d.html

Then you have people like me and my crew. I had infant children(babies) from 2011-2016 for those NOLA bowls so I could not make it due to as you would imagine always being something. We cheered on the Cajuns from home wishing and dreaming of going to a NOLA bowl being within a reasonable driving distance. Those same children are now 8 and 11 and are coming to this NOLA bowl with me. I brought my oldest to the Lending Tree Bowl, brought both of them to the Championship game and numerous UL games over the past few years. I have never been to a NOLA Bowl. We have 8 of us going (5 children and 3 adults) and are hyped for our first and this NOLA BOWL! Hoping there are many more like us!

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    These bowls won't be able to continue to operate with the massive amount of losses they are going to have like this. Do people really not want to see their teams in bowl games at all? I've been looking at the seating charts & where people are saying they are sitting & I can tell you right now, there are maybe 7500 tickets sold. They are putting the Marshall fans on the same side of the stadium as UL fans, or in the end zone rather evidently to cut down on bathroom & concessions stand usage. Something like this will be devastating for a bowl game like this.
    Well don't have 80 bowl games then. They just made up one this year so 2 6-6 teams could get in... That shows how meaningless Bowls have become

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    As of now, it appears there will be less than 10,000 people attending the game. A bowl game for a team going for their 13th win in a row, a feat which may never be matched again in the history of the University of Louisiana. A bowl game which will happen on a Saturday night only a 2 hour drive from Lafayette. I am just amazed that the politics of hatred has infected our society to this point. I could very well see the Sunbelt conference losing ALL of it's bowl tie ins & many bowl games disappearing if this the norm of fan reaction to bowl games in this country post covid. Why have bowl games if you can't draw a fan base for those games? I can tell you people that you are setting a most dangerous precedent by "making your stand." Something tells me a lot of people are going to regret this decision later on.
    Political hacks who are power hungry combined with a large increase in crime due to their policies is the reason I avoid NOLA all together. The only reason I’m going is because of the bowl. Crapping on fans not going to the game for the same reasons is idiotic. New Orleans politicians don’t want our money, they only want to complain and get federal dollars to balance their budgets.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Central

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Cool deal. I guess no outdoor concert at the dome?
    I believe there is a concert at Mardi Gras world instead of Champion Square

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Apparently Ticketmaster is having problems AGAIN. I bought 10 tickets and need to transfer 6 of them to other people, but the transfer option is not currently working. I called the Cajundome this morning and they told me about the Ticketmaster issue and said they hope it will be fixed soon but Ticketmaster told them NOT TO SELL any tickets for the time being!!!!
    Just screenshot the six tickets and either text or email them to others. Very simple…

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Keep your head on a swivel down there. This happened Sunday afternoon, so it’s not like it’s middle of the night or anything.

https://www.nola.com/news/crime_poli...febe8883d.html
    Also, tons of car break ins. Each night there will be a street or parking lot where EVERY vehicle has a broken window.

12. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

So I am completely disappointed that I am not going to be attending the game and for a number of reasons I won't be there. First and foremost let me defend myself by saying I did not miss a second of any home game this year from start to finish. And I also made a couple of road trips. My reasons for missing the bowl game are a couple and not the least of which is the issues that are in New Orleans, ranging from crime, vaccine/covid testing and other reasons. But for anyone on here to say that someone is not a Cajun fan or they are just a casual fan or that this is the reason we will always be who we are because they are not attending the New Orleans is F'N LUDICRIS. I would love to be there watching the game in person, but the main 2 reasons I will not is because I have a 1 year old that has something going on that day and myself and my family are leaving 2 days later for a week long trip to Salt Lake City, UT for our annual family Christmas vacation and we have tons to do to get ready for that.

I am as big of a Cajun fan/supporter as anyone on the planet and will follow my team almost anywhere. I have been to road, baseball, softball, football, basketball, women's basketball and even tennis and golf matches, very few on this board can say that. And if my schedule would have worked out differently I would be there. But I do not enjoy Kyle or others saying that because a few of us chose for one reason or another not to attend the New Orleans Bowl then we are not real fans.

I have gone to more games following the Cajuns when I had to pull rabbits out of hats to make it happen, but my family and my children come first, before everything, work, sports, Cajuns except for God and I haven't always been that way. Things changed in my life a few years back that many people on this board know about that made me realize that I only get one chance to make sure that my family knows that their father will always be there for them. So I will be watching this game from home with a cold beer in my hand and screaming for my Cajuns to win. I will be loving on my wife and daughters while this is going on. I will be making sure that my Cajuns know I support them by purchasing tickets to the game that I will not be using. I hope to give them to a needy or service member who wants to attend the game. I will make sure that everyone in the alumni/athletic and administration knows that I am sorry I could not attend and I hate not being there, but I have other obligations that make it impossible for me to be there unfortunately.

Geaux Cajuns, this is the greatest season of our lives and we need to enjoy the run. I have been there all season and hate missing this game, but know I will be there with each of these young men and coaches in spirit and will be pulling for them to bring home a huge victory Saturday night.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So I am completely disappointed that I am not going to be attending the game and for a number of reasons I won't be there. First and foremost let me defend myself by saying I did not miss a second of any home game this year from start to finish. And I also made a couple of road trips. My reasons for missing the bowl game are a couple and not the least of which is the issues that are in New Orleans, ranging from crime, vaccine/covid testing and other reasons. But for anyone on here to say that someone is not a Cajun fan or they are just a casual fan or that this is the reason we will always be who we are because they are not attending the New Orleans is F'N LUDICRIS. I would love to be there watching the game in person, but the main 2 reasons I will not is because I have a 1 year old that has something going on that day and myself and my family are leaving 2 days later for a week long trip to Salt Lake City, UT for our annual family Christmas vacation and we have tons to do to get ready for that.

I am as big of a Cajun fan/supporter as anyone on the planet and will follow my team almost anywhere. I have been to road, baseball, softball, football, basketball, women's basketball and even tennis and golf matches, very few on this board can say that. And if my schedule would have worked out differently I would be there. But I do not enjoy Kyle or others saying that because a few of us chose for one reason or another not to attend the New Orleans Bowl then we are not real fans.

I have gone to more games following the Cajuns when I had to pull rabbits out of hats to make it happen, but my family and my children come first, before everything, work, sports, Cajuns except for God and I haven't always been that way. Things changed in my life a few years back that many people on this board know about that made me realize that I only get one chance to make sure that my family knows that their father will always be there for them. So I will be watching this game from home with a cold beer in my hand and screaming for my Cajuns to win. I will be loving on my wife and daughters while this is going on. I will be making sure that my Cajuns know I support them by purchasing tickets to the game that I will not be using. I hope to give them to a needy or service member who wants to attend the game. I will make sure that everyone in the alumni/athletic and administration knows that I am sorry I could not attend and I hate not being there, but I have other obligations that make it impossible for me to be there unfortunately.

Geaux Cajuns, this is the greatest season of our lives and we need to enjoy the run. I have been there all season and hate missing this game, but know I will be there with each of these young men and coaches in spirit and will be pulling for them to bring home a huge victory Saturday night.

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    Non-debatable….a true Cajun fan and supporter! How many purchase tickets and give to others? A few…hats off to you and those who do.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

Geaux Cajuns!!!!!!!
    You dont have to explain ____ to anybody.

15. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You dont have to explain ____ to anybody.
    Thanks JTJ, I really appreciate that, but just felt like ____ needed to be said and I can't be the only one that feels this way.

Page 20 of 99 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information