Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I’m sorry but your last comment had me spit out my coffee from busting out laughing.
    Hey, I never said I was holding my breath or betting money on it! haha

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I stayed at the Sheraton for SBC media days. It's a really nice hotel. And, I saw no issues whatsoever.

But hey, wherever you want to stay is up to you.

Geaux Cajuns
    The hotel itself is nice.

I'm talking what's outside the front door.

The area is fine during the day. Having spent a lot of time for work in the New Orleans area since the pandemic started, it starts to get rough around sundown. The city reeks of marijuana and the cops could not give a ____ less if people are lighting up right in front of them. Personally I stay away from the quarter but I won’t blame anyone for wanting to be in the middle of the action. Just be careful at night and be aware of your surroundings, just like it’s always been in New Orleans.

4. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    The hotel itself is nice.

I'm talking what's outside the front door.
    …….,I guess I have a really different take on the NO Bowl……I’m recruiting and as I go through our schedule with the future Cajun telling him of our schedule and ending up with a Bowl mostly in NO where it is a treat for the team and so our Cajun Nation can come and enjoy and celebrate another great year…..and remember the recruits from all over Louisiana and Mississippi can visit to see us practice and see the fan support…..NO is a great destination no matter whom we play……and how about dem Cajuns?????

Heading to NOLA Friday and staying at the team hotel. Friday night party is at Mardi Gras World so I hope there’s a shuttle from the hotel because I’m definitely not driving anywhere. Where we meeting Saturday morning to start drinking? Can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I guess the issue at hand is......When do the asst coach contracts expire? Billy leaving prematurely came with a $3M check from UF.
    Guys like PT, Juluke, Des, and Leger had contracts that expire on January 14, 2023. I'm sure some of the other coaches have similar contracts, but I could not locate that information.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    They can simply resign. No buyouts for asst. coaches.
    Assistant coaches do have buyout provisions. However, in the cases for guys mentioned above and that are heading to UF, they satisfied their contract by coaching in the CCG.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep. There are TONS of great hotels in the poydras/warehouse district. Recommending staying on the north shore for the Nola bowl is just plain nuts. If you want to avoid the city just stay in Metairie or Kenner.
    I stayed on Canal Street in the Team hotel for every bowl game in NOLA. It’s a great environment and shouldn’t be missed.

8. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

I heard a statistic somewhere that if you separate New Orleans from the rest of the State, we automatically jump to 21st in the country for education from 49th.

We love Hilton Riverside. Self parking tower, walking distance to Quarter and Aquarium and connected to the Riverwalk.

10. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandeauxCajun View Post
    I heard a statistic somewhere that if you separate New Orleans from the rest of the State, we automatically jump to 21st in the country for education from 49th.
    We going to play a football game there, we not going to school . . .

11. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Unfortunately NOLA is a very different city since the pandemic, and peaceful protests. Shootings in the busiest parts of the French Quarter are fairly common. It simply didn’t happen back in the Hud era.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We going to play a football game there, we not going to school . . .
    You finally said something funny.....on purpose.

How come tickets are more expensive through the university? $65/each before fees vs. $40/each on Ticketmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Let me try to explain our destination.

We have the five bowl tie ins (NO, Myrtle, Camellia, Lending Tree, Cure) In addition, the ESPN pool of bowls they own come into play. Those are Boca Raton, Idaho Potato, New Mexico, First Responder and Frisco.

The picking order is ESPN, NO, ESPN, ESPN, Lending Tree. However, there are years (once every three I think but don't quote me) when New Orleans can invoke a clause that gives them the first pick, which they did this year.

Without the clause, we'd probably still be in NO, although they could have matched us with UTSA in the Frisco Bowl (where the Roadrunners will play San Diego State.)

As far as our opponent is concerned, once UAB was placed in the Independence and UTSA in the Frisco, that left WKU and Marshall as the next strongest teams (UTSA, as champion, got to select the bowl they preferred.)

WKU would have been an interesting matchup, as their quarterback Bailey Zappe has thrown for 54 touchdowns this year (that isn't a misprint) and still has an outside chance at Joe Burrow's record.

As of 10am yesterday, our opponent still had not been determined. It was finally decided that Marshall would come to NO, while WKU went to Boca Raton. And, App State was selected to play the Hilltoppers.

I agree with the Marshall fan who posted here, I think the Herd is a better team than WKU. (And, can you imagine if WKU was in NO, how long that damn game would last with a gazillion passes thrown?)

We complained last year about UTSA being our opponent and it turned out to be a great game. Hopefully this will be the same.

Dr. Maggard was all for New Orleans since it's been five years since we've played there. And, NO Bowl has a good reputation for the way they run their bowl game. Dr. Maggard wanted to give Cajun fans the best opportunity to see the team play.

Hey, it could be worse. We could be Georgia State who is playing in the Camellia Bowl.....on Christmas Day.
    It's not the bowl to me. the New Orleans bowl is an incredible venue. People can crack all the jokes they want about New Orleans. It is still a major destination city & the Superdome is still one of the greatest stadiums to host a major venue anywhere in the world. You have thousands of hotels, restaurants & clubs plus the stadium all within waking distance of each other to boot. It's the opponent which doesn't excite me all that much. I wish we could have gotten the Hillbillies, or the Roadrunners, Houston, or a P-5 team as an opponent. I would have enjoyed playing Arkansas, or MSU. Marshall is not better than WKU. UL should wipe the field with those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    How come tickets are more expensive through the university? $65/each before fees vs. $40/each on Ticketmaster.
    Better seats

Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information