Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: N.O. bowl tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    BTW, kickoff is at 8:15PM. I was thinking about taking my daughter, but with TV breaks, that thing won't finish until near midnight...
    Just don’t take her to Bourbon at midnight and you should be good.

I suspect the alumni association will have busses.

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Is there not something our conference commissioner could have done, or at least attempted to do? He sure as hell lobbied for Coastal to get the best bowl possible last year after they chickened out of the championship game and got declared the “champions”.

It should have been SBC Champ vs CUSA Champ, and at worst, SBC Champ vs CUSA runner up.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I suspect the alumni association will have busses.
    I hope so. I would be all in for that. I don't really care about partying in NOLA but I would like to attend the game. Not having to drive would be ideal.

Hey guys. Marshall fan here. First off, looking forward to joining the SBC. Secondly, I share your disdain for this matchup. Winning the SBC, being 12-1 and being ranked #23, you guys deserve another ranked opponent. Should at least be playing our conference champ (UTSA) or at least another ranked opponent like UK or NC State. But, looks like it’s you against us. I will say, we are better than 7-5. We should have beat WKU (we were up going to the half when our starting qb got hurt). Then the wheels feel off. I think the game will be closer than most expect. We have a great freshman RB. He led the country with 2.0 TD’s. If our QB plays like he’s capable, we have a chance to make it a game. I’ve watched a couple ULL games this year. You guys will be a handful, to say the least. See you on the 18th.

You won’t see ULL anywhere on the 18th or any other day. But UL will give you a nice sunbelt welcoming butt whippin. Welcome to the big(er) leagues haha. Can’t type that without giggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Well lets be honest with ourselves...our bowl tie ins kinda sucked. Et this proves it.

That said .....from Marshall's perspective they did extremely well.

When we win and Cincinnatti loses to either Alabama or Georgia/Michigan ......Louisiana will start 2022 with the longest winning streak in FBS.
    Good Point. Let's keep it going. If we were in Marshall's position, we would love this bowl. Let's show up in NOLA! Geaux Cajuns!

8. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Herdfan702 View Post
    . I’ve watched a couple ULL games this year.
    ULL is banned here.

UL, Louisiana, LA

Quote Originally Posted by Herdfan702 View Post
    Hey guys. Marshall fan here. First off, looking forward to joining the SBC. Secondly, I share your disdain for this matchup. Winning the SBC, being 12-1 and being ranked #23, you guys deserve another ranked opponent. Should at least be playing our conference champ (UTSA) or at least another ranked opponent like UK or NC State. But, looks like it’s you against us. I will say, we are better than 7-5. We should have beat WKU (we were up going to the half when our starting qb got hurt). Then the wheels feel off. I think the game will be closer than most expect. We have a great freshman RB. He led the country with 2.0 TD’s. If our QB plays like he’s capable, we have a chance to make it a game. I’ve watched a couple ULL games this year. You guys will be a handful, to say the least. See you on the 18th.
    Thanks for stopping by. The comments here are not meant as insults, we are looking forward to having you in the conference.

And that, you may have seen, was my #1 beef... why play a bowl against somebody you're going to play regularly?

Hope you get to N.O. Advice: 1) Buy a tour guide of the city, flip through it. There's a metric poop-ton of things to do that even the locals often don't know about. 2) Best restaurants: Cafe Degas, Crepe Nanou.

3) Don't stay in the city, the hotels are... questionable. Stay north of the lake, just don't get too drunk before you drive back.

If you do drink too much, just take a nap in the gutter. It works for the winos... *

*When I was in med school, Charity Hospital was still in full swing. They actually kept a book in the ER, 'Best Chief Complaints and Responses.' Some of the winners:

"What brings you here?" "My mama."

"Where did you hurt yourself?" "At the A&P."

"Are you sexually active?" "No, I just lie there."

But the reigning champion for chief complaint was, "I was parked on."

Wino passes out in the gutter, wakes up with the wheel of a Datsun in the middle of his back. Reportedly, they couldn't get it off him, had to find the owner with the keys. (I actually doubt that part... how do you find anyone in the French Quarter... ??)

With that, we got in a patient with a questionable mental status exam. In that case, you just ask more questions. A common one was, "Who's the President of the United States?"

This guy, without missing a beat, said "Nancy Reagan."

That brought a pause from the group...

Time to party in NOLA again! Let's Geaux!

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I hope so. I would be all in for that. I don't really care about partying in NOLA but I would like to attend the game. Not having to drive would be ideal.
    I did it one year. It was great. No driving, no parking, you get a meal and a ticket and you spend as little time in new Orleans as possible. When you get home you put your clothes you wore in the laundry and you immediately take a shower to wash the new Orleans filth off of you.

Thanks for stopping by. The comments here are not meant as insults, we are looking forward to having you in the conference.

And that, you may have seen, was my #1 beef... why play a bowl against somebody you're going to play regularly?

Hope you get to N.O. Advice: 1) Buy a tour guide of the city, flip through it. There's a metric poop-ton of things to do that even the locals often don't know about. 2) Best restaurants: Cafe Degas, Crepe Nanou.

3) Don't stay in the city, the hotels are... questionable. Stay north of the lake, just don't get too drunk before you drive back.

If you do drink too much, just take a nap in the gutter. It works for the winos... *

*When I was in med school, Charity Hospital was still in full swing. They actually kept a book in the ER, 'Best Chief Complaints and Responses.' Some of the winners:

"What brings you here?" "My mama."

"Where did you hurt yourself?" "At the A&P."

"Are you sexually active?" "No, I just lie there."

But the reigning champion for chief complaint was, "I was parked on."

Wino passes out in the gutter, wakes up with the wheel of a Datsun in the middle of his back. Reportedly, they couldn't get it off him, had to find the owner with the keys. (I actually doubt that part... how do you find anyone in the French Quarter... ??)

With that, we got in a patient with a questionable mental status exam. In that case, you just ask more questions. A common one was, "Who's the President of the United States?"

This guy, without missing a beat, said "Nancy Reagan."

That brought a pause from the group...
    New Orleans has one of the premier tourism and convention industries in the country. Premier hotels are all over the city.

13. Default Re: N.O. bowl tickets

BTW, kickoff is at 8:15PM. I was thinking about taking my daughter, but with TV breaks, that thing won't finish until near midnight...
    And?

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    New Orleans has one of the premier tourism and convention industries in the country. Premier hotels are all over the city.
    Yep. There are TONS of great hotels in the poydras/warehouse district. Recommending staying on the north shore for the Nola bowl is just plain nuts. If you want to avoid the city just stay in Metairie or Kenner.

Well it's that time of year were I take my brothers, brother in law and best friend to the NO Bowl. We always have a great time and this is our first chance to get away together since Covid. Thanks to the Cajun Nation I'm so excited ordered our tickets Sunday. GEAUX CAJUNS I refuse to worry about things I can't control.

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information