Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 New Orleans Bowl: LOUISIANA (36) MARSHALL (21)

Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Jeez, that really is a letdown. Hopefully the SBC will get better bowl tie-ins soon. My guess is that when USM, Marshall, ODU, and JMU join we could get better bowl games but idk.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Jeez, that really is a letdown. Hopefully the SBC will get better bowl tie-ins soon. My guess is that when USM, Marshall, ODU, and JMU join we could get better bowl games but idk.
    Not 'til current contracts expire.

3. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    SBC Commish Gill told Ragin Review no changes for the next so many years. His job is promote ESPN.

Anyone know if alumni or anyone will have buses going.
    Cc

Default Re: N.O. bowl tickets

I got the email and go to tickets to put in a deposit

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I got the email and go to tickets to put in a deposit
    Thanks 3888

No email yet

How’s coastal get northern Illinois( a Mac champ) and we get Marshall?? Middle of the road cusa team.

App gets wku. They at least made the cusa ship game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    How’s coastal get northern Illinois( a Mac champ) and we get Marshall?? Middle of the road cusa team.

App gets wku. They at least made the cusa ship game.
    Contracts man, contracts

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Contracts man, contracts
    What’s the contract? Sunbelt runner up gets a better cusa opponent then sunbelt champ??? And chicken humpers get a conf champ for doing nothing?? Sucks like a boy George back stage pass!!

11. Default Re: New Orleans bowl vs. Marshall

What’s the contract? Sunbelt runner up gets a better cusa opponent then sunbelt champ??? And chicken humpers get a conf champ for doing nothing?? Sucks like a boy George back stage pass!!
    That’s a lot of sucking . . .

SBCs contract with the New Orleans Bowl, as well as the other bowl tie ins, apply only to what the SBC will do. Just as CUSA's bowl contracts specify what CUSA, or MAC, or MWC will do. Generally speaking, though not always, the contracts specify a pecking order in which the bowls will pick teams from a conference.

I'm nt saying this is what the contracts stipulate, but as an example, the NO Bowl's contract with the SBC might call for it to get first pick. CUSA's contract might stipulate that the NO Bowl gets third pick from CUSA schools.

It sucks, but that's the way its set up now.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    SBCs contract with the New Orleans Bowl, as well as the other bowl tie ins, apply only to what the SBC will do. Just as CUSA's bowl contracts specify what CUSA, or MAC, or MWC will do. Generally speaking, though not always, the contracts specify a pecking order in which the bowls will pick teams from a conference.

I'm nt saying this is what the contracts stipulate, but as an example, the NO Bowl's contract with the SBC might call for it to get first pick. CUSA's contract might stipulate that the NO Bowl gets third pick from CUSA schools.

It sucks, but that's the way its set up now.
    So what happened last year? UL and CCU were go champs and neither went to the NO Bowl. #16 and 12-1 with a chance for greater exposure for the SBC and with no exception granted this year and we play a 3rd place team from the worse FBS conference. While the SBC is improving on the field, it's management still sucks. Should be the STC, Small Time Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So what happened last year? UL and CCU were go champs and neither went to the NO Bowl. #16 and 12-1 with a chance for greater exposure for the SBC and with no exception granted this year and we play a 3rd place team from the worse FBS conference. While the SBC is improving on the field, it's management still sucks. Should be the STC, Small Time Conference.
    I understand your concern. I do not know enough about the negotiations that went on. Perhaps Mr. Walker could explain what happened.

BTW, kickoff is at 8:15PM. I was thinking about taking my daughter, but with TV breaks, that thing won't finish until near midnight...

Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information